11/01 global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
If Glu follows precedent, tomorrow's Global should be for a 16.5 Sniper. It has been 5 weeks since the last Sniper Global. There are two 16.5 Snipers in the Store, both listed as parts. They are the Panter, 16.5, 4.92M/7.54M and the Tiger, 16.5, 4.1M/6.72M. One of these Snipers may well be the top 30 gun.

The Super VIP is likely to feature a 18.5 Weapon for the first time, though I am expecting the top weapon to be an 18.5 Tesla, since last weeks Super had the 17.5 Blobfish Heavy as the top gun (which was available only with a massive 9250 Gold buy in). Also up in the air is the start date of the VIP. They have often started on Friday, but last week the VIP began at the same time as the Global.

We will soon see. Good luck!
Prev1

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Happy to see you're still amongst us but I have one problem. 11/01 isn't until Sunday LMAO I know you're anxious, but Friday IS the formal start of the cycle and should feature 18.5 weapons in the Super VIP. My only concern is the price of the upgrades which continue to reach for the sky.

Sorry, I habitually use Global closing dates to denominate Globals for Clan stats. The Super VIP moving to 9250 is a setback. That being said, my budget for the last 30 days for CKS was $10. OK I was using stored Energy credits all month, but still $10 for the month leaves me room to buy in to a Super VIP which features a Heavy with real optics and no chain lag.
  • 13041304 Registered Users 19 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    If Glu follows precedent, tomorrow's Global should be for a 16.5 Sniper. It has been 5 weeks since the last Sniper Global. There are two 16.5 Snipers in the Store, both listed as parts. They are the Panter, 16.5, 4.92M/7.54M and the Tiger, 16.5, 4.1M/6.72M. One of these Snipers may well be the top 30 gun.

The Super VIP is likely to feature a 18.5 Weapon for the first time, though I am expecting the top weapon to be an 18.5 Tesla, since last weeks Super had the 17.5 Blobfish Heavy as the top gun (which was available only with a massive 9250 Gold buy in). Also up in the air is the start date of the VIP. They have often started on Friday, but last week the VIP began at the same time as the Global.

We will soon see. Good luck!

you are always ahead of the game bradr752. Yeah i just got the confirmation for the global for tomorrow that it is a sniper.
    Black Cat for the top 10 and Tiger for the top 30.

It seem that glu put the top30 weapon first and give us a surprise at the top 10.

Good Luck
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    1304 wrote: »
    you are always ahead of the game bradr752. Yeah i just got the confirmation for the global for tomorrow that it is a sniper.

It seem that glu put the top30 weapon first and give us a surprise at the top 10.

Good Luck

In this case, he's not ahead of the game since we both reached this point more than a month ago; he's just a puppy chasing his tail, running around in circles, can't make up his mind what to do ... a real waste.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Good Luck

How do you manage to get this information early?
  • 13041304 Registered Users 19 Posts
    In this case, he's not ahead of the game since we both reached this point more than a month ago; he's just a puppy chasing his tail, running around in circles, can't make up his mind what to do ... a real waste.

It is not that looking at the cycle that we will find out what will be the next weapon available for the next global. In fact me and my friends were betting on a heavy as we though glu would want to make this cycle longer because of the 2 new base level which got out so quickly. thus leaving us with so much heavy to chose from.

But amsoft2000, i have one question for you. Why do you think that glu will do what you are predicting?
    How do you manage to get this information early?

Before i tell you this, can you tell me your time zone? (related to UTC measurement)
    But amsoft2000, i have one question for you. Why do you think that glu will do what you are predicting?

Which prediction are you referring to? The TIER 17 "Blood Bath" that's coming OR the astronomical cost of upgrades? OR that playing for free is no longer an option? There's no crystal ball in play here, just some basic statistical analysis.
    I've decided to publish this authoritative comparison to finally answer any lingering questions regarding these two HEAVY weapons and to enable players to make an informed decision moving forward should the opportunity to acquire either of these weapons (or their clones) present itself again.

17.5 BLOBFISH (0% upgraded)
    POWER RATING: 12.29M-20.12M
    DAMAGE: 1,228,800
    FIRE RATE: 600
    OVERHEAT TIME: 8

17.5 KARMA (60% upgraded)
    POWER RATING: 18.25M-22.58M
    DAMAGE: 1,075,200
    FIRE RATE: 1,050
    OVERHEAT TIME: 12

Since "power ratings" have long been known to be meaningless and have no basis in fact, I decided to take both weapons out for target practice. Anyone familiar with the KARMA are well aware of it's shortcomings; iron sights, lag time to start firing, huge, ugly BUT it is an effective weapon. Even at 0% upgraded, the BLOBFISH is a superior weapon, probably due to it's higher "damage" rating; upgrading the fire rate and overheat time should go a long way toward making the BLOBFISH a first class weapon.
    OK, your "Authoritate Comparison" has convinced me that I need to abandon my beloved Karma ASAP. I wonder if a Blobfish clone (preferably with a more elegant name) will be a VIP offering this week or next. I am actually thinking that a Blobfish clone might be the second (8000) or third (5000) Super VIP weapon.
    OK, your "Authoritate Comparison" has convinced me that I need to abandon my beloved Karma ASAP. I wonder if a Blobfish clone (preferably with a more elegant name) will be a VIP offering this week or next. I am actually thinking that a Blobfish clone might be the second (8000) or third (5000) Super VIP weapon.

Since the KARMA first appeared on 09/25, I've been wondering just how far GLU would go with these VIP Events.

No VIP today, maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday, maybe never? Who knows at this point.

What's significant is that this is the start of a cycle ... any schedules have been shredded into tiny pieces, and tossed into the incinerator. Gain whatever enjoyment you can, while you can.

It's "by the seat of you pants" from now on; no way to predict a Global Event prize or VIP Event award OR whether an event will actually be of any value at all.

Good Luck !!!
    Here is a quick report on the IOS Global, though even I have ceased to care:

#1 9004 Superdad1968
    #10 6921 Maso
    #30 4335 Bigbillleo
    #106 1960 Bradr752

My mother had heart surgery on Wednesday, and that has occupied all my time. This weekend I will take her back to her home which is a five hour drive and get her settled, which means that I won't be anywhere near the Leaderboard this Global.

My rig is the same as last Global, except:

Drone weapons: MG & HR, 1.5M; SG & RL, 1.4M
    19 Pages of Drone weapons parts, enough to upgrade SG and RL to 1.5M
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Best wishes for her recovery. Take care of her, and yourself.
    There is absolutely nothing more important than your Mom (maybe your kids) so take care of your business. CKS is on life support anyway, you won't be missing much.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Best prayers and wishes.
    Huggles, Raylina
    One of the most miserable gaming experiences yet ...

Roughly 1,600 AP after 2.5 days and that should give you some idea of how much time I'm actually spending playing the game.

I have two (2) choices on what to spend my diamonds; (1) drone for which I must play repeated campaign missions to get the fuses I need for support drone upgrades (currently at 450K) ... I HATE CAMPAIGN MISSIONS ... (2) upgrade the base (currently at 65%) before the next DEFENSE TIER is released. This is becoming a source of irritation for me since half of these base upgrades have NO VALUE AT ALL. Earlier tiers we just grin and bare it, at these prices, well ... ?

This game is becoming more of a chore with each passing month; I thought games were supposed to be fun, silly me.

American Pharoah wins the Breeder's Cup Classic handily; wire-to-wire. With the Metropolitans in the World Series, why am I wasting valuable time on this silly game.

CYA on Monday !!!
    With 13 hours to go, here are the IOS platform Global standings:

#1 21023 Vmurdok
    #2 20817 Jamnslm
    #10 14918 Armygurl
    #30 10243 Manwiththegold
    #93 5510 Bradr752

My Drone weapons are now all at 1.5M with 11 Pages of parts.
    One Base upgrade to 4.01M. (5 of 16 upgrades)
    With 13 hours to go, here are the IOS platform Global standings:

#1 21023 Vmurdok
    #2 20817 Jamnslm
    #10 14918 Armygurl
    #30 10243 Manwiththegold
    #93 5510 Bradr752

My Drone weapons are now all at 1.5M with 11 Pages of parts.
    One Base upgrade to 4.01M. (5 of 16 upgrades)

Good Morning ... Welcome Back !!! I trust everything went well with Mom's surgery? I took a look at the VIP Event this morning and a few things jumped out at me:

VIP TOP Prize is 16.5 CHETAH @ 3,500 GOLD: this is good news since it appears that GLU has scaled back the price increase. This is bad news because we had an IDENTICAL VIP Event more than a month ago.

The Super VIP is anyone's guess, but if this is a "cloned" VIP Event, then the APHRODITE (or some clone) might be the Super VIP TOP Prize. The main disappointment being 17.5 rated weapons as prizes. I can't dismiss the notion that an 18.5 is hidden behind the curtains, but I would think the VIP Prize would be 17.5 for the Super VIP to be 18.5.

But hey, GLU has got this thing so scrambled now, I can't even predict when an event will occur let alone predict what prizes will be offered.

I don't see me buying in for two reasons (1) there's nothing being offered that I don't already have (2) TOOBAD doesn't have me spending any GOLD until TIER 17 anyways.

Good Luck !!!
    This is the VIP from six week ago, September 21st. Weapons were: Hyena, Rakshasa, Cheetah, Blackthorn and Aphrodite. I love the Blackthorn and the Aphrodite, but a six week old rerun? Give me a break!

The good news is my mother is doing great.

BTW, I finally got a chance to play a little on Sunday, finished 63rd, playing in the Silver League for the first time in months. Three top 20 finishes and I will be able to craft the Tiger, which I don't need.
    This is the VIP from six week ago, September 21st. Weapons were: Hyena, Rakshasa, Cheetah, Blackthorn and Aphrodite. I love the Blackthorn and the Aphrodite, but a six week old rerun? Give me a break!

The good news is my mother is doing great.

BTW, I finally got a chance to play a little on Sunday, finished 63rd, playing in the Silver League for the first time in months. Three top 20 finishes and I will be able to craft the Tiger, which I don't need.

Great to hear Mom is doing well.

A six week old rerun is tough to swallow. Ever since the 17.5s first appeared on 09/21, there hasn't been anything enticing that is being offered. It doesn't make much sense ... I don't get it. I know the best we're going to get is a single "good" VIP event each month with regards to weapons, but even the last on 10/22 wasn't all that exciting.

TOOBAD says wait until TIER 17 and TOOBAD hasn't failed us yet.

***SMH***
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 5.18M (85% Upgraded; GL 8.38M, SL 7.59M, 8.38M remaining)
    DRONE: 470K (Power) - 126/150 (Level) - 27/1235 (XP) - 3.07M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (410K), RL (410K), HR (410K), SG (410K)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 349P (10,470)

FUSES:
    03 x TIER 15 (XP-29); 14 x TIER 15 (XP-23);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 17.0 LYREBIRD (acquired 10/22)
    TESLA: 16.5 WITCH (acquired 10/22); 100% upgraded.
    ASSAULT: 17.5 JUNIPER (acquired 10/22); 75% upgraded.
    HEAVY: 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/25); 60% upgraded; 17.5 BLOBFISH (In-reserve; acquired 10/22).

Drone weapons parts are multiplying again; the jump to 510K will allow me to resume meaningful weapons upgrades. 2.95M weapons strength will never happen for me so 510K is my sweet spot.

Awaiting TIER 17 ... the BLOBFISH (0% upgraded) has a real wallop due to the superior damage rating out of the box but the most impressive attribute of this weapon is it's "look and feel" of an ASSAULT rifle, but without the limitations of clip size and fire rate. I may swap the BLOBFISH and KARMA once base is 100% upgraded allowing me to pour diamonds into weapons upgrades.

TOOBAD says the next TIER / Region release is due on turkey day, Thanksgiving 11/26. Now I can't see that happening but stranger things have happened.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Tier 16 was released October 21st, so a 4 week cycle would put the release of Tier 17 on November 18 or 19. A five week cycle would put the release on November 25, the day before Thanksgiving. I am with you, Scorpion, I don't see a Turkey Day release, so I am betting on the four week cycle. My Base is only 50% complete at 4.4M, but I am going to get it completed this Global and then turn back to Drone weapons. My threshhold for opponents is now 150K and my average Vault is 157K, so upgrades go pretty fast. All Drone attachments are now at 1.5M and it rocks! I have 18 pages of Drone Weapons parts.
    Tier 16 was released October 21st, so a 4 week cycle would put the release of Tier 17 on November 18 or 19. A five week cycle would put the release on November 25, the day before Thanksgiving. I am with you, Scorpion, I don't see a Turkey Day release, so I am betting on the four week cycle. My Base is only 50% complete at 4.4M, but I am going to get it completed this Global and then turn back to Drone weapons. My threshhold for opponents is now 150K and my average Vault is 157K, so upgrades go pretty fast. All Drone attachments are now at 1.5M and it rocks! I have 18 pages of Drone Weapons parts.

The 4 week cycle makes more sense, but most players won't make it under the wire in time with regards to base upgrades using the shortened cycle. At this stage (TIER 17) to fall behind on base upgrades would be devastating for players; my advice is ... where ever you are with regards to base upgrades, when TIER 17 is released close out the stats ASAP using GOLD.

If you're still upgrading TIER 15, then it's already too late. Enjoy whatever time you have left in the game, blast some enemies and blow **** up.
    I have always assumed that Glu had a way of knowing what the state of player Base upgrades was and maybe they opened a new Tier when player Base development reached a certain level, but that is probably giving Glu too much credit for paying attention to CKS.
    Oh yeah ... you give them too much credit; they know where everyone is they just don't care. I remember back in June when base upgrades were being released faster than we could barely keep up with. I also recall asking them for a one month moratorium to give us a chance to catch our breaths and catch up on the prevailing base. No response ...

So while fantasizing about GLU doing what's best for the players is an admirable trait (glass is always half full), the truth is we're all running closer to empty than any of us realize.
    Yeah, what was I thinking?
    That's OK ... keep being positive, I try to but at times reality trumps hope.

I've noticed that the vault payouts are still falling in the range 150-170K but the larger vaults of say 200-220K have disappeared; in fact I haven't seen one of those in at least a week, maybe longer. So the pattern is your get a new BASE, max out BASE ECONOMY as soon as you can, deploy an appropriately rated weapon, you get massive vaults.

As the cycle wears on, the payouts start to shrink. I've tried linking this to an assumption that as more players upgrade their base and weapons, payouts might start to decline ... except for one thing ... all of my battles are against max'd out TIER16s with cloned drones.

So how does GLU decide what to payout in terms of diamonds in the vault? Oh they're watching alright, just not for the reasons you might expect.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    That's OK ... keep being positive, I try to but at times reality trumps hope.

I've noticed that the vault payouts are still falling in the range 150-170K but the larger vaults of say 200-220K have disappeared; in fact I haven't seen one of those in at least a week, maybe longer. So the pattern is your get a new BASE, max out BASE ECONOMY as soon as you can, deploy an appropriately rated weapon, you get massive vaults.

As the cycle wears on, the payouts start to shrink. I've tried linking this to an assumption that as more players upgrade their base and weapons, payouts might start to decline ... except for one thing ... all of my battles are against max'd out TIER16s with cloned drones.

So how does GLU decide what to payout in terms of diamonds in the vault? Oh they're watching alright, just not for the reasons you might expect.

1io3z6.png

Here is a vault that I was just recently matched against. As I look at it, my opinion is that this is a RL player and not a bot based on the Drone and the Tier 16 Base. I only occasionally will see a player like this, most of the matches that I see now all have drones that are the same level as me. These vaults are all over the board from 100K to 170K. But again see how this is GLU, who knows.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Missed out on the two recent weapons during vacation, so I still have 14.5 tesla and 15.5 heavy. Working on the forth column of economy Tier 16, but don't see payouts going above 110k, kinda sucks.
    concerned wrote: »
    1io3z6.png

Here is a vault that I was just recently matched against. As I look at it, my opinion is that this is a RL player and not a bot based on the Drone and the Tier 16 Base. I only occasionally will see a player like this, most of the matches that I see now all have drones that are the same level as me. These vaults are all over the board from 100K to 170K. But again see how this is GLU, who knows.

You're probably correct, the 2.95M drone is a dead giveaway. I haven't been matched against a "real" player in so long, I forgot what they look like LOL

Why is that anyway?
    try_again wrote: »
    Missed out on the two recent weapons during vacation, so I still have 14.5 tesla and 15.5 heavy. Working on the forth column of economy Tier 16, but don't see payouts going above 110k, kinda sucks.

You should be able to grab a pair of 16.5s over the coming weeks.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    You're probably correct, the 2.95M drone is a dead giveaway. I haven't been matched against a "real" player in so long, I forgot what they look like LOL

Why is that anyway?

I have no answer to this question. In fact, I have thought about it too, because I would say that probably 98% of the battles that I fight are against computer generated bots and rarely ever against a "real" player. In fact, as I look at the all time leader board and the top 5 clan members, I have only been matched against maybe 6 of them.

Not that I want to draw them for a battle, but one would think that since I am currently 177 on the all time list, that I would be occasionally matched against them.