Another Win Streak Stopped by a Bogus Error

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
I had a win streak snapped this morning by a bogus error. I had just completed a winning battle and as the screen to claim victory started to come up, I ended up looking at a Server Maintenance Error as shown below:

2dwhzqb.png

After I press the restart button and the game immediately restarted, I checked my battle log. Of course, it shows up as a loss. But isn't it amazing that GLU was able to do a Server Maintenance in less than 30 seconds (he says tongue-in-check)?

The battle log is shown below.

erapm0.png

I have contacted customer support about the supposed error and will report back as to how long it takes to get an answer and what is the result.

Comments

• RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Another "server" related problem is to select an opponent, pay the energy, and have the game spend 30-45 minutes cycling "helpful tips" before you get frustrated and restart the game. At least by waiting that long you get the energy back.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The only surprise is that this hasn't happened to you before. i get several of those a week and have had as many as 11 streak ending restarts in a single Global. Several members of my Clan got the same message earlier in the day. While Server Maintenance is less common that Resync messages, the result is the same: Streak ended.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The only surprise is that this hasn't happened to you before. i get several of those a week and have had as many as 11 streak ending restarts in a single Global. Several members of my Clan got the same message earlier in the day. While Server Maintenance is less common that Resync messages, the result is the same: Streak ended.

I have seen the Resync message another of time. But never the server maintenance to date.
    concerned wrote: »
    I have seen the Resync message another of time. But never the server maintenance to date.

You can count on Glu to invent new ways to mess the game up.
    You can count on Glu to invent new ways to mess the game up.

Boy isn't that the truth. The sad part is that for must of the problems, all that needs to be added to the program is a simple do you want to restart now, yes or no? What is really frustrating and annoying to all of us is that it happens most of the time as soon as we have completed a winning battle.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I had one last night where I selected a long-range match, it loaded, I tapped the "switch weapon" icon, and the game dumped me out to the Kindle home carousel. I restarted with one less energy and a zero streak. The only consolation is that random errors are so rampant that they seem to be striking almost everyone, so that getting hit by one's less of an individual competitive disadvantage than just "your turn", but it still sucks.

I've been reading posts about organization of an Amazon group weekend "strike"; I doubt it will be successful, but I'm interested enough that I'm going to look into it.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    While it distresses me to know that players are still suffering from these types of errors, it should be noted that these so-called "Server Maintenance" and "Re-Sync" restart required messages are completely bogus in nature. It's nothing more than GLU's attempt to put a cleaner face on a simple failure ... the GLU server(s) just died, we don't know why, please wait while we reboot the system.

This scenario also aligns itself with RALINA's experience of minimal impact if you just let the device sit for awhile and do not immediately reboot (restart).

At the risk of bringing on the wrath of God, these errors have never happened on Google Play at the rate you guys are describing. I'll get a CONTENT UPDATE or RESYNC maybe once or twice a week.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    For what is is worth, I think that the situation is improving on IOS. I had only one streak breaking restart last Global and one streak breaker so far this Global. Still in irritant, but much better.
    For what is is worth, I think that the situation is improving on IOS. I had only one streak breaking restart last Global and one streak breaker so far this Global. Still in irritant, but much better.

Now that sounds more reasonable. BRAD, you're always going to have streaks broken; it's because of the way you play and the sheer number of battles you can register in any given hour. I haven't had any streaks broken because I am on permanent cruise control; it's not because the servers haven't hiccupped but rather I wasn't playing when the fault occurred.

When I see that CONTENT UPDATE restart, for example, it's usually waiting for me when I pick up the device ... I click restart and there's no problem. So if you're constantly playing, you're going to have your streak(s) broken; it's unavoidable.

If you pick up your device, fight 2-3 battles and have your streak reset ... you won't be accompanying me to Las Vegas because that's just bad luck.

** SMILES **
    As promised, here is a recap of the response from Customer Care.

... We are aware of the issue. It happens because of IOS 9 higher memory consumption. The game performance shall be improved in a 4.0.0 update. .....

Interesting, an ongoing problem, since IOS 8 is now caused by iOS 9, LMFAO (excuse my French).
    There is a very old saying in IT ... If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with BS ... GLU has taken this to whole new level.

Blame the operating system, now that's a good one considering that the OS was released to beta eons ago and presumably any interested developer had the system requirements and API (application programming interface) well in hand and documented BEFORE the release in 09/15; so this problem never existed before then right?

Now if I were to speculate about Apple's methodology, any significant changes to IOS were designed to support the iPhone 6S ... if I were to speculate, that is.

What they're neglecting to state is that it's THEIR application that is consuming too much memory. The OS is the OS and has it's requirements (non-negotiable); you either work within the framework OR take a hike.

Now to be perfectly fair, just because there is a new version of software available doesn't necessarily mean you should install it.

***SMH***
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    There is a very old saying in IT ... If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with BS ... GLU has taken this to whole new level.

Now to be perfectly fair, just because there is a new version of software available doesn't necessarily mean you should install it.

***SMH***

So true, GLU is definitely the master of trying to baffle. In fact, check my upcoming post that will be title "Laugh of the Day - A Customer Care Response."

Yes to be perfectly fair, you do not need to install the IOS update, and quite honestly, most of the time you do not want to. However, Apple has taken installing the IOS updates to a new level. As far as they are concerned, unless you are a moron, you want their new update for security reasons (I'm sorry, I though Apple didn't have security problems, LOL).

We are constantly closing popups asking you to install the update now or schedule it for a later time. Then when you backup to iTunes, you are constantly bombarded with "there is a new update x.x.x, do you want to update now? What really "chaps my hide", is once you have updated, it is practically impossible to revert back to the original IOS.
    concerned wrote: »
    We are constantly closing popups asking you to install the update now or schedule it for a later time. Then when you backup to iTunes, you are constantly bombarded with "there is a new update x.x.x, do you want to update now? What really "chaps my hide", is once you have updated, it is practically impossible to revert back to the original IOS.

I am aware. It's a shame you can't turn that d.a.m.n notification off, but that's the way Apple has decided to push updates; I suppose they justify this by protecting their customers from themselves. My problem is it's my fracking device, let ME decide what I prefer, even if I don't know what I'm doing.