Laugh for the Day - A Customer Care Response

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
This post is to let everyone have a good laugh that will be provide by a ridiculous Customer Care response that I received. While the game in question is MIRN, this issue is something to watch for in CKS.

The issue has to do with the cost of the upgrades for the latest Base.

As we all know, when a new Tier is released, we begin by needing a full vault to go to then next Base Tier. Once you have upgraded to the next Tier, we need another full vault to upgrade the Economy to level 1. Once the economy has been upgraded once, now all of the upgrades Economy Level 2, Turret Level 1, Guard Level 1 and Player Health Level 1 all take a full vault for the upgrade, and so on.

This is not what happened in MIRN Base Tier 8. What did happen was as follows:

It took a full vault of 48K Crystals to upgrade from Tier 7 to Tier 8, as is normal. It took another full vault of 48K Crystals to upgrade the economy to level 1. Now, I should have been able to upgrade any of the Turret Level 1, Guard Level 1 and Player Health Level 1, but I could not. My vault was not large enough. Turret Level 1, Guard Level 1 and Player Health Level 1 all required more crystals than the current max vault.

So I upgrade Economy to level 3. At this point, I did not think much about it, because most of us completely upgrade our Economy to level 4 before we do anything else. A max vault at Economy level 3 was 63.36K Crystals and at Economy level 4 the max vault size was 66K Crystals.

Now for the rest of the upgrades, I don't have the numbers for upgrading Turret Level 1, Guard Level 1 and Player Health Level 1, but Turret Level 2, Guard Level 2 and Player Health Level 2 all needed 63.36K for the upgrades.

Turret Level 3, Guard Level 3 and Player Health Level 3 all required a max vault of 66K Crystals, so of course I am now wondering what Turret Level 4, Guard Level 4 and Player Health Level 4 are going to cost. Are they going to require more Crystals that our current vault will hold?

Turret Level 4, Guard Level 4 and Player Health Level 4 all required a full max vault of 66K Crystals. So this meant both Level 3 and Level 4 upgrades required the Economy to be fully upgraded.

Now for the laugh, I send it a Customer Care ticket, asking why this is the case, since only the last round upgrades normally require a max vault.

Here is the response that I received back:

"Hi! The reason why it takes a full vault to upgrade your turret is to make sure that we are playing PVP to collect crystals. Once you upgrade your turret 3, your vault size will expand in order for you to fill up again your vault and upgrade your turret.

What else can we help you with?"

What a crock of you know what.

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I don't remember what level this occurred in CKS, but I experienced a similar problem that prompted me to be careful about fully upgrading BASE ECONOMY and keeping a watchful eye on the other upgrades. It only happened once and hasn't happened since.

I surmise that it's a deliberate glitch that happens only at a certain level and then returns to normal.

Finally, someone else has experienced (and documented) this; I started to believe at the time that I was hallucinating ...

LMAO
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION