Game has lost its fun

Well,after all my *****ing,glu has finally added me to the permanent list of deleted players,the total lack of competence of glu on this game has completely wore my patience out. I can't handle the constant crashing and resynch messages. Customer care is atrocious,never any help besides a cover letter faq response,or smoke blowing up your butt about fix,and or new update fixing issues,that never is fixed. Final straw is 2400 gold went missing from my account and only response from cc is ignoring and or deleting my emails then saying they've reimbursed me and never have when I started new complaint. Oh well,should have known better,if a company has no care over its own image and reviews,they surely won't care about the customer,so it's my own fault I stuck around waiting on false promises of fixes and resolution of my own account theft.good luck to you all that continue to play and I truly did meet some very nice people on this game,for that I'm grateful,the only thing that kept me this long was the awesome community of fellow players. Good luck all,aim small,miss small. Carry on.

Comments

• michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    By the way,don't ask for platform,i.d.,etc. Been there,done that. Multiple,multiple times.Completely useless,waste of time. With,without it,same result.( incompetence )
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    My experience with Customer Care has been the exact opposite of your post. While they are slow at times and do have a set of "canned" responses that they initially use, this is of no surprise. This is how Customer Care functions.

You have to remember that Customer Care can not "fix" any of the problems that we have. They can just pass them on to the development team. I have found that if you are "respectful" in your comments and try to work with them, the results will be more to your liking.

I have had all of the issues that you have written about, win streaks ending because of game crashes and resynch errors, and so on. I have contacted Customer Care, sent in screen shots and asked for reimbursement for my losses. Customer Care has reimbursed me with, as they call it, with gifts of gold, from 50 gold to 200 gold depending on the situation.

I had a problem, albeit, it was in MIRN, where all of a sudden the game said that I purchased something for 3,000 gold. All I saw was the awarding of the different VIP level prizes. I never did figure out what it was that I was supposed to have spent 3000 gold on, but after a series of tickets and screen shots, Customer Care did reimbursed most of the loss.

The key is to have screen shots showing the problem and treating Customer Care the way you would want to be treated.

This is similar to my experiences working my way thru college in the restaurant field. Customers are unhappy with the food and because they can not talk to the cooks, they take their frustrations out on the waiter/waitress and do not leave a tip because of the food. The waiter/waitress did not cook the food. They just deliver it, yet they take the brunt of the complaints.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I sort of agree with both of you - I don't think the game is as fun as it was initially because it's gotten very repetitive and there are technical issues. I haven't been plagued by crash-restarts, but some in my clan have been. That being said, I work in IT as a programmer, and I try to provide detailed descriptions and maintain a respectful tone whenever I deal with customer support.

Communications should be goal oriented, by which I mean, put yourself in their position and ask yourself how you'd react to to someone saying what you're saying. If that answer isn't that you'd want to help them, then you aren't saying the right things.

Similarly, if you aren't providing enough information to identify and replicate what you're reporting so that you could fix what you're asking them to, then once again, you aren't saying the right things.

Finally, be patient and keep checking for responses from customer support -- they may need additional information, or want to know if your issue has been fixed. If you don't respond, they're going to assume it's resolved and close your call.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Customer Care is all but invisible, but if you must contact them be civil, have screen shots and provide a detailed description of the problem. Simply stating "the game keeps crashing" won't get you anywhere.

The one thing GLU has never done is publish "minimum system requirements". Most if not all in game crashes, freezes, video frame drops, etc. are due to poorly written software (that was rushed to market) running on inadequate hardware devices. It's a simple thing really, listing minimum CPU frequency, memory amount and video processing capabilities would go a long way towards mitigating complaints and care tickets.

But as we all know GLU's approach to anything that has anything to do with the customer's satisfaction ... is well ... you get the idea. They will award you a gold gift when you really get a raw deal.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    I was completely cordial and have on multiple occasions ,sent completely detailed descriptions of issues with all information requested along with screen shots. After two months of hearing from customer service that either"the ticket must be lost,don't know what happened,please resubmit" or "play will be improved in a few short days when programmers run a script" im tired of re-submitting info and or waiting for any ethical response,I'm glad you all have had better experiences with customer service,I don't buy gold so I imagine I'm not a "priority". As before,good luck and best wishes to all that made this game tolerable lately.