Tyrrell tower-endless mode

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
In view of the completely different aspects of Tyrell Tower, I am giving it it's own Thread
Prev1

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The current Leaderboard for Tyrrell Tower on IOS consists entirely of players with 24.5 Heavies. My best effort got me to Floor 45 and at that Level the maxxed out 24.5 Scythe MII, 2.58B, struggles. Since only 90 seconds is allowed for each floor, and since the opponents are nearly impossible to kill, expect to use 5 or 6 Grenades and 3 or 4 Medkits to clear that floor, even with a 2.5B Heavy.

When you open Terrell, you are offered 4 24.5 weapons for $100,
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Now that's what I am looking for ... some real fighting challenges.

We've got 1,000s in additional equipment and in retrospect, I cannot discount the notion that this was always part of the mad doctor's plan.

One of the consistent things about GLU is they NEVER give away anything that you will not need at some point. They may short change you, but if they give it to you it's for a reason.

... and you know how I like tossing a few grenades :)
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    The Tower takes me 30 to 40 minutes to get to Floor 45. Since I get a free shot at the Tower every hour, I makes no sense to pay for earlier access.

I did pay $10 to get "early access" to the Tower, best $10 I ever gave Glu.
    OK so you're starting over every hour? Sounds like every floor is the equivalent of a PvP battle and it takes roughly 1 minute to complete the battle so by PvP standards, that's the equivalent of what I would term "OVERDRIVE" mode :cool:

Sounds like big fun !!!

I take it that with every floor (victory) you're awarded one of those HUGE vaults.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... they've been at it now for 10 hours and counting ...
  • SCARECROWSCARECROW Registered Users 44 Posts
    Grenades & Rockets don't seem to work for me in pvp anymore so did they overhaul them and make an upgrade to give them more power
    SCARECROW wrote: »
    Grenades & Rockets don't seem to work for me in pvp anymore so did they overhaul them and make an upgrade to give them more power

About a week ago these were upgraded via content update, essentially giving back the original multi-target killing power.

When was the last time you actually played CKS OR received an update?
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    About a week ago these were upgraded via content update, essentially giving back the original multi-target killing power.

When was the last time you actually played CKS OR received an update?

I play everyday but I haven't used nades and rockets in some time as they have been so under powered I stopped trying to use them.

Update I haven't had an update in so long I cant remember the last.
    I play everyday but I haven't used nades and rockets in some time as they have been so under powered I stopped trying to use them.

Update I haven't had an update in so long I cant remember the last.

That's what happened then ... somehow you missed the content update that upgraded those weapons. Unfortunately, I can't imagine why you haven't been receiving updates since they're automatic.

I can say that at least one content update usually comes down every global, sometimes more often.

Put in a ticket.
    That's what happened then ... somehow you missed the content update that upgraded those weapons. Unfortunately, I can't imagine why you haven't been receiving updates since they're automatic.

I can say that at least one content update usually comes down every global, sometimes more often.

Put in a ticket.

I suspect when my tablet was stolen and I had my data moved over to this Nexus.I might have been under the radar sort of to say and haven't seen any upgrades in some time since my migration.I am on Amazon and its bull that apple and google are playing yet all I am getting is server is still done on both tablets.
    I suspect when my tablet was stolen and I had my data moved over to this Nexus.I might have been under the radar sort of to say and haven't seen any upgrades in some time since my migration.I am on Amazon and its bull that apple and google are playing yet all I am getting is server is still done on both tablets.

I remember your break-in ...

Well the update itself takes about 10 hours from the time it started. iOS was yesterday (TUE) and Google started at 3AM WED. Both completed about 10 hours later in the early afternoon. Amazon probably started shortly after that I'm guessing, so it won't complete until late tonight.

Another thing is that the game throws a server down when using an outdated version of the game. Since you haven't been receiving updates, I would manually check the Amazon App Store for a new version periodically.

Just an estimate.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Amazon started it's update at 5:15AM today (Tuesday). It's been 15 - 1/2 hours.

My guess is they decided to hold it back to fix the code, or the IT guys just got tired today and don't get paid overtime.
    Will it be up tomorrow? Your guess is as good as mine. You get what you pay for.
  • SmeejisSmeejis Registered Users 19 Posts
    So can someone explain this to me? Do you need to purchase the Milla character in order to play Terrell Tower? I keep seeing mentions of waiting to play for free, but as far as I can tell that doesn't exist. Any help?
    Smeejis wrote: »
    So can someone explain this to me? Do you need to purchase the Milla character in order to play Terrell Tower? I keep seeing mentions of waiting to play for free, but as far as I can tell that doesn't exist. Any help?

It costs $10 bucks for an early unlock, then you can play free every hour.
    I remember your break-in ...

Well the update itself takes about 10 hours from the time it started. iOS was yesterday (TUE) and Google started at 3AM WED. Both completed about 10 hours later in the early afternoon. Amazon probably started shortly after that I'm guessing, so it won't complete until late tonight.

Another thing is that the game throws a server down when using an outdated version of the game. Since you haven't been receiving updates, I would manually check the Amazon App Store for a new version periodically.

Just an estimate.

I logged off Monday at 1 am Eastern and tried to get back on 1pm and the game was down for the big update.It is now 1:15 am eastern time and still Amazon isn't back up so that's about 24 hrs for me.If I can get my last 10 parts for the sniper I keep thinking its gonna be a madhouse with so many others fighting to get their parts also.

By the way I do check for updates on Amazon and there is never anything there so I just assume all is fine.This is nuts all the energy I spend to play a game to kill time when I am not busy lol...and yes I had that break in which has been a nightmare even after but we are in gonna be moving soon maybe to some property we own .I am looking at putting a modular on it out in the country away from all the crooks and kids running free in town breaking in houses and cars.
    Tried at 8:30 am after update was back on checking things out.Plus I did get my parts now just 10 more and I am done hunting my new sniper.
    bradr752 wrote: »

I would add that playing for free requires you to start from scratch every hour, which isn't bad in itself. The cost to start from "near" where you previously left off is a modest one though and you have 3 to choose from ... GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE Ticket.

The only remaining question are the weapons. It would seem logical that these 24.5s will be replaced by 25.5s next week. If that is indeed the case, then VIP Events are becoming obsolete as well since the weapons could be acquired for a little less than 1/2 of the going VIP rate.

But there is yet another consideration. If the relative "strength" of these new opponents (bots) continues through TIER 24 and beyond, one might ask why do I need such massive firepower?

The bad guys are dropping like flies and the vaults are HUGE.

The TOWER ... that's the ticket ... a ticket I shall soon enough purchase. :cool:

The weapons are "overpowered" making the BASE DEFENSE even less effective (if that were even possible); add in GRANADES, ROCKETS and an endless supply of MEDKITS and it has me wondering where this will all lead?

The answer keeps coming up "TOWER".

Only time will tell, I suppose.
    9.99 for the game to freeze twice on me on floor 6 and couldn't do a flipping thing but wait one time for the time to run out the other restart my tablet.Still getting some freezing on after a few pvp fights not as bad when I started playing.Then after freezing on the tower and restarting the tablet as I cant do a dam thing but restart.I keep getting check your internet connection once or twice before it will work again.If this keeps up forget the tower for me and give me back my ten bucks.
    9.99 for the game to freeze twice on me on floor 6 and couldn't do a flipping thing but wait one time for the time to run out the other restart my tablet.Still getting some freezing on after a few pvp fights not as bad when I started playing.Then after freezing on the tower and restarting the tablet as I cant do a dam thing but restart.I keep getting check your internet connection once or twice before it will work again.If this keeps up forget the tower for me and give me back my ten bucks.

I haven't yet played the TOWER, so I cannot really comment.

If memory serves, you're using a Nexus 7 and if so, you are definitely at the "Upper Limits" of what that device can handle. I stopped using mine 2 or 3 cycles back. Let's face it, at 3-4 years old we've got our money's worth out of it and it "was" an excellent device.

For now I suggest you clear the app data + cache periodically. It will mitigate freezing up, requiring restarts and you should gain some performance improvements as well. It becomes rather tedious to periodically clear the game "stuff", but until you get a better device, that's your only option.

Even if you're using a newer device, I would clear that game "stuff" out every so often. I had to clear out 5.0GB+ of GLU "junk" to correct some issues with the game.
    Holy **** on a Cracker ...

I just completed (rather got a rocket shoved up my rear) my very first TOWER ASCENT.

I made it to FLOOR #40 before I got blindsided by a ROCKET ... TAKE: 10,552,788; RANK #37.

I believe I have found my new home for "target practice" and Sir Brad was absolutely correct ... I'm going to need a better HEAVY to proceed any further so the 25.5s that will be offered next week, should help.

23.5s are OK and I suppose I might have been able to squeeze out another 5 floors if I resorted to using GRENADES, but as I said, this is the ultimate in target practice.

All I can say is WOW.

KUDOS again for GLU.
    I haven't yet played the TOWER, so I cannot really comment.

If memory serves, you're using a Nexus 7 and if so, you are definitely at the "Upper Limits" of what that device can handle. I stopped using mine 2 or 3 cycles back. Let's face it, at 3-4 years old we've got our money's worth out of it and it "was" an excellent device.

For now I suggest you clear the app data + cache periodically. It will mitigate freezing up, requiring restarts and you should gain some performance improvements as well. It becomes rather tedious to periodically clear the game "stuff", but until you get a better device, that's your only option.

Even if you're using a newer device, I would clear that game "stuff" out every so often. I had to clear out 5.0GB+ of GLU "junk" to correct some issues with the game.

This is the first time it has frozzen on me really.Its been playing the game fine with no lag or anything.I got to the 6th floor and went to switch guns and I was stuck bent over and could not do anything and after waiting 10 mins it was still stuck.I had to restart and I was then on the timer.
    This is the first time it has frozzen on me really.Its been playing the game fine with no lag or anything.I got to the 6th floor and went to switch guns and I was stuck bent over and could not do anything and after waiting 10 mins it was still stuck.I had to restart and I was then on the timer.

Then I would clear that game "stuff" out every so often. I had to clear out 5.0GB+ of GLU "junk" to correct some issues with the game.
    I would add that playing for free requires you to start from scratch every hour, which isn't bad in itself. The cost to start from "near" where you previously left off is a modest one though and you have 3 to choose from ... GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE Ticket.

The only remaining question are the weapons. It would seem logical that these 24.5s will be replaced by 25.5s next week. If that is indeed the case, then VIP Events are becoming obsolete as well since the weapons could be acquired for a little less than 1/2 of the going VIP rate.

But there is yet another consideration. If the relative "strength" of these new opponents (bots) continues through TIER 24 and beyond, one might ask why do I need such massive firepower?

The bad guys are dropping like flies and the vaults are HUGE.

The TOWER ... that's the ticket ... a ticket I shall soon enough purchase. :cool:

The weapons are "overpowered" making the BASE DEFENSE even less effective (if that were even possible); add in GRANADES, ROCKETS and an endless supply of MEDKITS and it has me wondering where this will all lead?

The answer keeps coming up "TOWER".

Only time will tell, I suppose.

I just wanted to add a (not so) little update ...

The TYRRELL TOWER is the ultimate in self indulgence and is quite a lot of fun especially for those like myself who, at times, require target practice to sharpen our skills and eliminate bad and lazy habits.

The prizes are modest since the TOWER is meant for everyone, not just the advanced veteran players, although some serious weaponry will be required to reach the higher levels. The prizes are awarded by "scaling" your achievements based on the number of floors you successfully ascend, but the prizes themselves do not change (not yet anyways).

Veteran players will find the prizes pretty much useless aside form the CLAN WARS TRAPS and occasional DRONE WEAPONS parts.

The TOP prize will be just out of your reach following an ascent. For my first (only) ascent thus far which I was able to reach the 40th FLOOR and score 10.55M (RANK #37), the top prize is now at 12.21M. The TOP 2 Prizes are currently CLAN WAR TRAPS, but you will collect a few of these as you ascend as well.

140 GOLD would be required to "re-start" from 8.67M (GOLD lift ticket), 80 GOLD from 3.92M (SILVER) and 60 GOLD from 549K (BRONZE).

Finally, the Early Access weapons package for all 4 x 24.5s is an excellent bargain BUT it is a one time deal meaning that they will become obsolete rather quickly. The GLU "brilliance" is in the concept of "ENDLESS MODE", so if you're seeking some ultimate reward for your efforts, you will be disappointed.

This is STRICTLY for bragging rights ... nothing more. It's also great if you like shooting at targets. :cool:

Take it easy; do not rush and become obsessed with the leaderboard. If you do so, this can become quite expensive very quickly ... GLU at it's very best.

The one thing that I cannot understand is why we must all become "transsexuals" in order to scale the TOWER ... another GLU attempt at humor OR being politically correct no doubt.

Good Hunting !!!
  • ThunderhawkThunderhawk Registered Users 16 Posts
    Will it ever be available to play for free? Or do the poor people not get to play?
    Will it ever be available to play for free? Or do the poor people not get to play?

I wouldn't characterize yourself as "poor" :) Let's just say you have an aversion to spending money; frugal is a better word.

To answer your question, I expect that it will be free once TIER 24 (new REGION) arrives, so anywhere from 3 days to a week. The $9.99 was an "Early Access" fee similar to the same access that occasionally occurs when we receive any other new REGION.

The $49.99 (Short Range) and $99.99 (Full Set) of 24.5 weapons are a one time bonus that may or may not occur again in the future. Should this occur again, there is a remote chance that the weapons could be better; say 25.5 and up.
    It's impossible for me to tell for sure, but TYRREL TOWER may be open for business to the masses.

Meanwhile on Google Play:

RANK #1: 195,905.667 - RA418
    RANK #2: 101,825,455 - KUKHOAI

Now that's one helluva climb up The TOWER :cool: 100 maybe 200 Floors and 2-3-4 hours? Who knows but apparently these two are hooked :)
  • Sniper1987Sniper1987 Registered Users 20 Posts
    What is up with this prize system? It skips everything good and you get **** like the Clan Traps or Clan Maps. As a matter of fact that's all I've gotten, whenever they actually award. Why don't we get the prizes that are in-between those?
    Sniper1987 wrote: »
    What is up with this prize system? It skips everything good and you get **** like the Clan Traps or Clan Maps. As a matter of fact that's all I've gotten, whenever they actually award. Why don't we get the prizes that are in-between those?

Are you sure? Common prizes are DIAMONDS, CASH, DRONE FUSES, DRONE WEAPONS PARTS and of course, CLAN TRAPS. Some battle equipment like GRENADES, ROCKETS. KNIVES and MEDKITS are also available.

It's quite easy to overlook most of these since I have THOUSANDS of just about everything other than the newer TRAPS.

I suggest a screen shot of something like DRONE FUSES, before and after scaling the TOWER, then attach them to a ticket and submit it to Customer Care.
    Are you sure? Common prizes are DIAMONDS, CASH, DRONE FUSES, DRONE WEAPONS PARTS and of course, CLAN TRAPS. Some battle equipment like GRENADES, ROCKETS. KNIVES and MEDKITS are also available.

It's quite easy to overlook most of these since I have THOUSANDS of just about everything other than the newer TRAPS.

I suggest a screen shot of something like DRONE FUSES, before and after scaling the TOWER, then attach them to a ticket and submit it to Customer Care.

I get a check mark next to the Clan Traps after I die. Then I have to wait an unknown amount of time for those. I haven't received any diamonds or cash. I have to check my drone parts to see if I got any of that.
    Sniper1987 wrote: »
    I get a check mark next to the Clan Traps after I die. Then I have to wait an unknown amount of time for those. I haven't received any diamonds or cash. I have to check my drone parts to see if I got any of that.

The rewards with check marks by them you only receive the first time you get to that level. I have been getting the other rewards every time.
    The rewards with check marks by them you only receive the first time you get to that level. I have been getting the other rewards every time.

Seems like I only get the check marked items and it takes a while for those to even credit. I just realized why, I thought the amount of money or diamonds was multiplied by your score. I don't know why I thought GLU would be so nice. LAME