Tier 24 Out

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
Tier 24 out on IOS. Vaults running 3.8M+. New campaign, Razorblade III out in 36 hours. Upgraded PH to Level 228, 2.29B.

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    2.29B in health eh :cool: that's a nice bump along with the increased vault size. As far as upgrading the TIER 24 Defense, I'm done with base upgrades ... I just can't see spending all those diamonds and getting nothing in return.

BTW did GLU fix that "sudden death" issue?

*** SMH ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »

BTW did GLU fix that "sudden death" issue?

*** SMH ***

No, Sudden Death is still alive and well on IOS.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    No, Sudden Death is still alive and well on IOS.

Even with the additional health? JEEZ

Have you tried down shifting to 23.5 weapons? I would really like to know if the problem persists.
    Even with the additional health? JEEZ

Have you tried down shifting to 23.5 weapons? I would really like to know if the problem persists.

As suddenly as it arrived, Sudden Death has disappeared, replaced by another Glu Glitch, it appears that Tier 24 players can't be challenged or attacked. I hadn't noticed because the issue does not affect Bots.
    As suddenly as it arrived, Sudden Death has disappeared, replaced by another Glu Glitch, it appears that Tier 24 players can't be challenged or attacked. I hadn't noticed because the issue does not affect Bots.

Good News about sudden death but I don't see any connection between bots and being attacked, unless you're implying that by fighting bots you've become a bot LOL

As far as being challenged or attacked, I might get "challenged" maybe once or twice a month (I never lose) and if I turn off my device, I might get attacked twice in a 24 hour period.

I only turn off my device for an occasional reboot and cache clearing, so I'm never attacked anyway.

To be frank, I don't think anyone is being attacked for anything substantial.

In fact, I rarely get attacked and lose a CW battle either, but it's hard to determine if it's LITTLE ME or that newly refurbished "cloaking device" I had recently installed, that's providing the deterrent.

**SMILES**

Even if I were attacked, my vault is ALWAYS empty, so they wouldn't get much and you wonder why I say the defense base is useless? Realistically, it would be the empty vault that's the biggest deterrent, but in reality it was GLU that's been limiting the attacks to the point where they're really unimportant.

Since GLU has "disconnected" the bot strength from the prevailing TIER, you will notice that everyone will only see bots, in the very near future ... sort of like GLU "pigeon holing" every player into their own private hell.

But I am happy that the SENTRY has been put back in his place :cool:

Oops I almost forgot ... Top of the Morning !!!
    Upgrade costs in Diamonds for Tier 24 are as follows: 153.37M, 171.27M, 190.7M. 209.8M and 229.77M. Base Economy maxxed out features a 229.77 Vault, a 12.43M Colloctor and production at 1.84M per hour. The Collector fills in 6:45.
    Content Update arrived @ 07:54 PM EST on Google Play. I suspect it was TIER 24 ... BRB

OK 08:11 PM EST ...

3 PvP Battles all on the first attempt and all were SHORT RANGE battles.

3.55M
    3.55M
    3.53M

Relative killing power is back to where it was BEFORE CKS 5.0 was released, so the gravy train has reached it's destination. I'm using 23.5 Short Range weapons and I only used the SABERTOOTH ASSAULT for these battles to see how it handled the opponents. As I expected, all were "bots" even though the weapon was BELOW the prevailing TIER; the 23.5 ASSAULT passed handily.

I suspect that 4.0M raided Vault sizes will be the average take, but I'm going to need to upgrade my weapons, which were all acquired on 04/07 and are due.

I'm looking forward to the start of the TIER 24 Battle Cycle and corresponding VIP Event; with any luck at all I'll be able to grab that 47.19M MACHINE GUN for LITTLE ME :cool: and grab a 24.5 SR Weapon during that Global Event.

If the price is right, I will go "all the way" and get me that 25.5 HEAVY I so desperately need for the TYRRELL TOWER.

With vault sizes at this level, I should reach a maximum support drone of 385M power during the next Global / League Event(s).

The next round of battles, I shall test the LONG RANGE waters.
    Screenshot_20160531-210732.png?psid=1

6 BATTLES ... 3 SHORT ... 3 LONG ... all on the 1st or 2nd FIND TARGET.

The "bots" I'm facing have the same power rating as in TIER 23; no surprises there.

The 22.5 OSSUARY killed the TIER 24 opponents with the same ease as TIER 23 opponents; I expected a full 10 charges to dispatch the JUGG, but only 7-8 charges was required. I may not need the 23.5 HYLES MKII until TIER 25 and that was a surprise. :)

So I have a bit of a conundrum ... the only new weapon I need is the HEAVY and that would only be for scaling The TOWER.

Now this is going to be a tough decision. Fortunately I have several days to decide :cool:
    Opponents on IOS are running 4M+. I am currently only taking 4.2M or better. Best so far is 4.6M.
    Opponents on IOS are running 4M+. I am currently only taking 4.2M or better. Best so far is 4.6M.

Well we've only had the new tier for a couple of hours, I expect the vaults to rise sharply soon.

This is more likely due to your weapons rating as well, as opposed to the platform. Either way the diamond take is enormous, the health bump is welcome but totally unnecessary and the base ... well... you know what time it is.

So here we are using essentially "The Invincibility Effect" at TIER 24. with 4.0M minimum vaults and losing all but impossible, what do you think of all of this Sir Brad? I mean I'm using a 22.5 weapon and drawing 3.55M vaults ... WOW

At this rate I'm going to max out the drone AND it's weapons in a couple of weeks ... then what?

The TOWER is what ... Ooh Rah !!! :cool:
    Good Morning Agents ...

My original weapons' battle setup resulted in a maximum vault ceiling of 3.55M; I was attracting many of these (almost exclusively), so I tweaked my battle plan a little.

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 24.0 RANGER MKII (acquired 05/19) @ 75% (1.51B).
    TESLA: 23.5 HYLES MKII (acquired 05/18) @ 40% (1.1B).
    ASSAULT: 23.5 SABERTOOTH MKII (acquired 04/07) @ 100% (1.05B).
    HEAVY: 23.5 GODHAMMER MKII (acquired 04/07) @ 100% (1.29B).

I bumped the 24.0 RANGER MKII to 75% of rated power and will soon max it out. This should result in 4.0M+ vaults (on average) for LONG RANGE PvP Battles.

To complement the RANGER, I retired the 22.5 OSSUARY; replaced it with the 23.5 HYLES MKII @ 40%. This is an even swap as the weapons' effectiveness are at par between the OSSUARY@100% and the HYLES@40% ... BUT ... it gives me plenty of "headroom" for upgrades.

SHORT RANGE weapons are a different story. 3.55M is the absolute max since both HOGs are @ 100%. The bump in LR weapons power should result in mostly LR battles and remove some of the "sting".

This should get me through the next Global Event without any problems and without any fanfare.

These are still quite effective in battle however for 60 Day old weapons; but it is time to start considering some new weapons, in particular, those of the "short range" battle class.

Well it's time to close some contracts and you know how I despise closing contracts but what am I going to do? ... if I want the health boost, I must suffer, grin and bear it.. :(

One final thought before I go ... the CKS matchmaker apparently is NOT allowing me to see any opponent that it believes, in it's infinite wisdom, that I cannot easily defeat (i.e. they are all GREEN).

In the past, immediately following a TIER upgrade AND before I decided to upgrade the weapons that needed to be upgraded, I would usually see a few WHITE opponents when selecting battles.

It's still early, but it appears that we've been "pigeon holed" (virtually).
    It's confirmed ... most (if not all) players will face the same "bots" over and over again (only the names will change) until they change their weapons inventory. The difficulty (rather ease) of all battles will be consistent, as well as the vault payouts.

So here's the deal ... if you're satisfied with your weapons and the size of your vaults (now that's really funny), then you can effectively "freeze" your game play experience indefinitely. The only thing that will ever change, and it's completely your choice, is what weapons you choose to use.

If you upgrade your weapons, the vaults will increase as well BUT so will the difficulty of the battles as the "bot" strength will increase accordingly. Of course your upgrades cost will rise in proportion to the weapons you choose to deploy.

By-the-way you can change your weapons to any other weapons in your inventory, even those that are of a lower rating ... the "bots" will change accordingly.

Just remember to keep your health up to par, then reassess your situation with each new TIER.

Whether this is GOOD or BAD depends on your POV and what you want from this game. One thing is certain though, there is no strategy required, NOR elaborate battle tactics ... you simply cannot lose.

So here we are ... ride it for as long as you desire OR can stay awake.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    My New Record High Vault Take: 3.87M Diamonds.

This occurred on my very 1st AND 2nd PvP Battle (right out of the box) of the TIER 24 Battle Cycle so the vaults are going to "skyrocket" ... Good Grief :cool:

After acquiring the TYPHOON, you gotta know what the first thing I did was ... right out of the box.

23.5 SABERTOOTH + SR TIER 24 Battle + TIER 23 BASE@25% = 3.87M Diamonds ...
    23.5 HYLES MKII + LR TIER 24 Battle + TIER 23 BASE@25% = 3.87M Diamonds ...
    24.5 TYPHOON MKII + LR TIER 24 Battle + TIER 23 BASE@25% = 3.87M Diamonds ...

... now that's some trio of equations ... unbelievable !!!

Apparently the 3.87M Diamonds vault belongs to my CKS assigned "bot" opponent; it's only going to get better and I find myself asking YET AGAIN ... What Am I Going To Do With All These Diamonds?

More drone levels OR *gulp* throw them away on the base? SMH ... Neither is very attractive.

Well LITTLE ME ... I've got one helluva surprise for you buddy !!!
    Screenshot_20160602-111713.png?psid=1

Now I'll accept that I'm waging a "private" little war on my own "virtual" battle field, but THIS is ridiculous. It does make calculating how long an actual upgrade will take rather easy though.

SIR BRAD ... they've even turned The SCORPION into a "bot" :cool: just like everything else. A couple of days ago, on 05/31/2016, I replied to your post:
    Good News about sudden death but I don't see any connection between bots and being attacked, unless you're implying that by fighting bots you've become a bot LOL

Is this yet another example of GLU humor? They're tasking us Sir Brad ... they're tasking us.
    Level 227, one remaining INTEL SDCard, about a dozen contracts and I can finally put VIGORE III behind me and start on RAZORBLADE III ... man how I hate closing contracts.

This is absolutely maddening and the one remaining aspect of this game that needs an overhaul :(
    Level 227, one remaining INTEL SDCard, about a dozen contracts and I can finally put VIGORE III behind me and start on RAZORBLADE III ... man how I hate closing contracts.

This is absolutely maddening and the one remaining aspect of this game that needs an overhaul :(

I find it less frustrating than you do, because I just snag the Intel cards and move to the new level, which always has higher payouts. I grab the intel cards from the new level and pick up enough XP to max out the PH and then I quit the campaign. The only time I clean up a campaign is when I want to jump start PH during the pre-release of the next campaign.

BTW the last Boss in the new campaign pays 6.3 B $.
    I find it less frustrating than you do, because I just snag the Intel cards and move to the new level, which always has higher payouts. I grab the intel cards from the new level and pick up enough XP to max out the PH and then I quit the campaign. The only time I clean up a campaign is when I want to jump start PH during the pre-release of the next campaign.

BTW the last Boss in the new campaign pays 6.3 B $.

Is it me OR does increasing player health make the spook more resilient as well?

It could also be the 220 victory win streak ... never really noticed this before TIER 24 though. :)

I'm at Level 229 now and still stuck in VIGORE III ... only The Boss remains though. SMH
    On IOS the power ratings for matchups has changed. Here is my typical Bot matchup, notice the power ratings.2zfo7wg.jpg
    Sorry for being late with an effective reply BRAD, but it has been well over a day since I could fight a PvP Battle ... Sorry Buddy.
    On IOS the power ratings for matchups has changed. Here is my typical Bot matchup, notice the power ratings.2zfo7wg.jpg

The "contrast" in bot opponents is stark ... here is MY typical Short Range Battle "bot" opponent:

Screenshot_20160606-041157.png?psid=1

Since neither of us can lose any battles, this is a perfect illustration of how the CKS "match maker" determines opponent strength and payout reward based upon weapons ratings.

Your attack power of 3.84B (25.5M HEAVY) is vastly superior to 1.29B (23.5 HEAVY); just about 3X more powerful in the way of ATTACK POWER.

This results in drawing a "bot" opponent of 2.56B vs 1.05B; roughly 2.5X the DEFENSE POWER.

Since your weapon exceeds the prevailing TIER's (24) maximum defense of 1.51B ...
    ... the "ceiling" on opponent strength no longer exists (as you observed). This has the effect of allowing your battles' opponents to keep pace with your weapons (regardless of DEFENSE level) ...
    ... the advantage (of using better weapons) no longer exists (see previous posts above).

The raided vault size is only 16.8% greater, however; 4.52M vs 3.87M.

The only aspect that these statistics CANNOT tell us, is how "difficult" these opponents actually are since neither of us can lose; I would be willing to wager that the relative difficulty is virtually identical though.

I have also CONFIRMED that increasing PLAYER HEALTH also increases the spook's resistance to your attacks. What was a modest increase at Level 227 became much more obvious at Level 230.

What I find somewhat interesting, is that YOUR "bot" has 130,330 VP which is slightly higher than your total and would make him #1 or #2 ALL-TIME. :) Could the match maker also be using VP?

The bot's call-sign is "Uncle Sam"? ... How quaint (NOT) :cool:

What's really clear is that we are not just fighting "cloned" drones, but the SPOOK is a CLONE as well ...
    ... this brings a whole new meaning to "fighting with yourself" ... JEEZ

On a more important note ... what floor have you reached in TYRRELL TOWER using the CHARON?

*** SMILES ***