Options

Google Play Server Maintenance

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Screenshot_20161020-094129.png?psid=1

At least they picked a convenient time since there's nothing worthwhile in Global/VIP Events.

This usually would indicate that the problem(s) plaguing iOS will be remedied as well.

One can only hope for the best. :cool:

Good Luck !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    It'll work itself oit...at least it's not like MIRN! 😎
    MJ
  • Options
    warrior202warrior202 Registered Users 401 Posts
    New Android version 5.1.1 is available now.
    Game is just for FUN. Enjoy it guys.
  • Options
    Yes indeed ... Cheers !!!

Drone is intact, weapons are intact, Clan Wars appears to be intact ... so far so good.

Most importantly, payouts are intact and LITTLE ME is as lethal as he always (ever) was.

Looks like we "dodged a bullet" gentlemen. :cool:

New subscriptions and double GOLD ... check.

Personal Contribution is intact, I was able to make a contribution ... check.
    ... BUT the detailed PC info panel is blank ... Booo

Screenshot_20161020-154259.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161020-154238.png?psid=1

CW token awards appear to be a little light, but could have been that specific opponent.

Battle Equipment strength is unchanged.

Do yourselves a favor and push the game to it's limits; do NOT spend anything on ANYTHING during this event cycle until you feel comfortable that EVERYTHING is 5x5.

I've noticed some graphics "artifacts" ... I'm going to flush data and cache. BRB ...
    ... "artifacts" (tiny metallic blue squares) were removed by flushing game data and app cache ... check.

NOTE: after I checked PC Details Info, the "artifacts" returned as tiny silver or white squares this time ...
    ... so I believe it's the PC Info details panel that's leaving these behind; once they fix CW PC Info Details, the artifacts should also be fixed.

UPDATE: Although flushing the game data / cache is ALWAYS prudent, to remove the artifacts, simply restart the game.

Time to go close some contracts ...
    ... Double-Cash and Equipment Videos ... check.
    ... Collected 12 XP Modules (Fuses) ... let's see if they "disappear".

Applied a single weapons upgrade (1x square) to 31.5 LOKI MKII (now@75%) ... let's see if it holds.

All-in All the only apparent "bug" is the blank Personal Contribution "details" panel in Clan Wars ...
    ... Customer Care ticket submitted @ 05:06 PM EST.

Since I'm "allergic" to GLU Subscriptions, I won't be testing those, but they may appeal to some on a limited budget OR the extremely impatient ... maybe, but probably NOT. :)

Aside from blank PC details and new Subscriptions, I wouldn't have even noticed that a version upgrade was applied ... that pretty much sums it up, but it's still early. :cool:

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    I've fought a number of PvP battles since the version upgrade ...

There is one thing that really stood out ...
    ... the "mirror" drone is no more. You can expect to face opponents with high(er) powered support drones than the one you've developed and believe me that is a scary prospect for anyone who hasn't taken drone development seriously since it was introduced 1.5 years ago ... it is truly a game changer.

Secondly, the battles are more difficult and the payouts are starting to rise, yes rise again ...
    ... the "baseline" is nearing 77M Diamonds. Now this may have happened anyway but there is a significant change in this regard ...

Primary weapons are no longer the ONLY weapon(s) used to determine your opponent OR the raided vault size; your STRONGEST weapon is now the heaviest weighted variable regardless of whether it's a primary OR secondary weapon.

I also suspect that the raided vault size "cap" based on prevailing TIER no longer exists, meaning that the stronger your weapons, the stronger your opponent (as usual) BUT also the greater the number of diamonds you can potentially raid (this has yet to be confirmed).

So ... there have been several significant changes regarding the PvP Battles themselves ... they're tougher, the rewards are greater and you may be matched against a drone you will have a hard time avoiding, since killing one may not be an option ...
    ... the battle equipment might provide some limited temporary relief (you can't rely on this alone).

My advice is to not only consider "payouts" when selecting an opponent, but also glance at your opponent drone power rating ... ironically, before they introduced the "drone clone", this was something the veterans did by reflex, back in the day ... well, it's back so "recondition" your habits accordingly.

Additionally, these opponents ARE "bots" and not real players who have advanced their personal drone development program; I have NOT determined what the criteria is for "generating" an opponent drone.

I've devoted this Global Event to "Statistics Gathering" since there is no compelling reason to compete ...
    ... if anything else of note surfaces, rest assured I will post my findings. :cool:

• Options
    I went to check out the donation page and went back to the clan and it went haywire on me...like when the TV glitches. Hmmmm
    MJ
  • Options
    Mjulien wrote: »
    I went to check out the donation page and went back to the clan and it went haywire on me...like when the TV glitches. Hmmmm

Yes ... until they fix the PC details panel this could be a problem; just restart the game ...
    ... you might also consider flushing your game data and cache.
  • Options
    I just restarted...everything just fine
    MJ
  • Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    I suppose the maintenance is more for Glu revamp the way people buy gold. It is now operated in two method ... subscription and normal buy in .

and to no surprise .. the price of GOLD has spike to highest range yet again ..
  • Options
    Personally, I don't "buy into" the concept of subscriptions (old OR new). The thought of GLU "automatically" taking my money and promising to deliver on the subscription defies logic.

As far as the GOLD purchases, they are identical to what they've always been from $4.99 - $99.99, so I'm a little confused by your references to "spike" and "highest range" ???
  • Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't "buy into" the concept of subscriptions (old OR new). The thought of GLU "automatically" taking my money and promising to deliver on the subscription defies logic.

As far as the GOLD purchases, they are identical to what they've always been from $4.99 - $99.99, so I'm a little confused by your references to "spike" and "highest range" ???

It used to have 3,200 GOLD purchase on the last package box.
    Now only 2,800 Gold with much more expensive price compared to last time the 3,200 package.
  • Options
    Zeusisme wrote: »
    It used to have 3,200 GOLD purchase on the last package box.
    Now only 2,800 Gold with much more expensive price compared to last time the 3,200 package.

The "old" last package box was a subscription ... again, as far as I'm concerned, subscriptions are a recipe for the foolhardy (maybe gullible players). :cool: I would never trust GLU with regards to my money, hell they can't even deliver weapons parts, with any degree of reliability.

So ... $99.99 got you 2,800 GOLD or 3,200 GOLD by subscription ... nothing has changed.

That said, I believe the iOS subscription for $99.99 was 3,500 GOLD.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I believe that the Bots now mirror Drone Weapons rather than Drones. While the Bots Drone strength varies, the weapons mirror yours. When I switch between MGs there is an obvious difference.
  • Options
    I've just about completed my statistics gathering on CKS Version 5.1.1, but I wanted to share some interesting findings as well as to solicit what other players are experiencing in order to get a more complete picture.

Firstly, the Support Drone is a game changer, that much is clear, especially at the higher levels (Level 300 and above); to what extent the drone changes the gaming experience for those who have advanced their drone to a lesser level, is why I need your feedback.

My Support Drone is currently @ Level 305 (140.47B) with all Drone Weapons @ Level 2 (134.69B).

This has an effect on the CKS match making algorithm, prompting it to match me against opponents that range from ...
    ... Level 300 (96.64B) to Level 310 (197.01B) ...
    ... the available "base" weapons strength ranges from 96.64B to 173.95B.

So ... I can say with a degree of certainty that at Level 300 and above, the "match maker" will pit me against an opponent with a drone rated at +-5 levels from Level 305 (my level).

Now that's a wide range and why I now suggest that you consider your opponents drone power rating BEFORE selecting the opponent. Statistics have shown that the lower end of the scale does not require any additional tactics or equipment to register a victory; conversely as we move towards the higher end of the range, additional equipment such as Medkits becomes increasingly necessary.

I have also identified a new trend regarding payouts, TRY_AGAIN you're going to love this; the tougher the opponent the higher the payouts. In CKS v5.1.1 this long suspected effect of the drone on payouts has finally revealed itself in my statistical analyses. This "bonus" can be as high as 5M Diamonds.

Now this doesn't suggest that having a higher powered drone will guarantee higher payouts (you still need to search for them) but on average, the payouts will be greater over an extended period of time.

What we need from ALL interested players who are willing to share their experiences, is to note the ranges of drone power ratings in the opponents presented to you with the payouts that your are willing to fight for. For example, the ranges I experienced were based on the fact that I bypass any battle that pays less than 70.0M Diamonds.

The specifics on opponents that you will never battle are irrelevant, so do NOT post these. Obviously, the lower your Base TIER, the lower your payouts on average, but that's a relative thing so I suspect that the "relative" ranges of drones will remain consistent and THAT is what I need to confirm. :cool:

I await your feedback.

Once I have completed my analysis, the results will be made available to anyone who is interested.

• Options
    So we're 4-Days into CKS Version 5.1.1 and an old nemesis has returned ...
    ... I think GLU does this for kicks. :)

I'm fighting a SR Battle this morning and had worked my way past the first line of enemy defenses.

I tapped the "forward" arrow and took off like Usain Bolt. Right past the JUGG. Right past the remaining foot soldiers ...
    ... Right past the "spook" and his drone and right through the far wall into a tunnel.

I could hear LITTLE ME battling feverishly but it was a futile effort; I was taking hits and none of my controls were working, so a Medkit (thousands of them) was just out of my reach.

After what seemed like an eternity, The SCORPION finally met his maker and lie dead in some dark alley in Bangkok, Thailand.

What a way to go.

*** SMILES ***

Good Morning Agents ...
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »

After reconsidering, I decided to opt for the $4.99 Monthly GOLD Subscription ...
    (against The SCORPION's original advice). :)

Two items tipped the scales (1) if it's good enough for Sir Brad, then it's good enough for me (2) I kinda like the idea of 6-Free Energy every 2-hours (that should come in handy at work) as well as the fact that 20 GOLD gets you 6 Energy.

Now we have overwhelming firepower, at least twice as many battles for that same buck and GOLD videos are currently paying 4 bars a pop ...
    ... I can't shake the feeling that we're going to need all of this for something. :cool:

One thing is certain, you must spend something just to be in the game ... what it will take to succeed in CKS v6.0, is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

"We Do More Before 9 AM Than Most People Do All Day" ... U.S. Army

Ah yes ... mid-morning and for you, today's League Event is over; or so you thought. :)

With so much GOLD being thrown at you and subscriptions that will "suck" that GOLD from your vault as soon as you store it there, I predict that AP scoring will double (maybe triple) ...
    ... in the very least and very soon.

In one "fell swoop" GLU has dramatically closed (somewhat) the gap between Pauper and High Roller.

The BIG spenders will, for the most part, score the way they've always scored. I do not expect scoring amongst these players to dramatically increase for a very simple reason ...
    ... there's only so much scoring that can be accomplished within any 24 hour period ...
    ... even if it costs 1/2 as much.

If a player's "scoring target" is say 100-200 PvP Victories (a typical high roller) each and every day, the cost of those battles may have dropped but I do NOT expect these players to wake up and start scoring 400 PvP Victories daily ...
    ... It runs counter to human behavior; there may be a few that will score more, however.

For those on "public assistance", the game is over for you, so start packing your bags.

Now, for the low-moderate spenders amongst us, you have just received a "windfall" from GLU that has dramatically enhanced your ability to compete ..... those battles you always wanted, and were willing to fight, but passed on because of the inherent expense, are now at your fingertips ... on the cheap.

This is probably the most important change that CKS v5.1.1 has brought to the nature of PvP ...
    ... the "middle class" will explode with new players.

Looking down the road a bit reveals a few aspects that will further change the way we fight PvP Battles.

GOLD Milestones (as they exist today) will easily be achieved and that GOLD will quickly be "reinvested" in more battles ... 20 GOLD get's you 6 PvP Battles, so why not?

With all of this high scoring occurring, there will be a decreasing number of awards for all of that effort as more and more players reach the higher plateaus.

For all intents, League Events have been rendered meaningless and obsolete, so I expect GLU to do away with these (in the current format anyways) completely.

The "donut hole" that now exists during Global Events, will be easier to stumble upon and fall through ...
    ... the GOLD LEAGUE qualification threshold of 8,500 AP will resemble something closer to an "average" effort, therefore it is my conclusion that the nature of the Global Events will change dramatically as well; if they survive at all (again, in their current format).

So ... these are my predictions based on hard statistics. Whether the new upcoming iteration of CKS (Version 6.0 and counting) will provide a better overall gaming experience is open to speculation, but one thing is certain ...
    ... you will need to pay (something) to play, simple. :cool:

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Scorpion, I've had my bags packed since the beginning of the shortened Tier release schedule.

But, I'm just moving to the other side of the tracks. Two points differ at Amazon, fortunately, first, most still get the weekly global weapon. I'm up to 45/47 parts today, should be finished tonight. Secondly, I haven't seen this "subscription" offered? It sounds very tempting, but in my case, to buy in, I'd have to ditch one of my players - a King Solomon's decision there.

Oh, and we now have the Free Bars button on the home page with a video camera on it. But, still just a hint of a non-existent push for videos. Maybe GLU wants to nudge Amazon to pay them royalties for commercials? Don't know what the hang-up is there?

Glu hasn't pushed me out, yet. And still hasn't received but a few bucks since I started. (whoopee, the Tower, what fun?) When you've invested this much time getting here (44% through A-Foxtrot), how would you feel giving it all up when there's still some fun to be had? I keep asking myself that question, then play.

I will be watching in anticipation of your predictions, and of course, the ominous ver 6.0! <insert long laugh from Vincent Price>
  • Options
    Well my long and dear friend TRY_AGAIN, subscriptions are a thing that, if it benefits no one, then it's a "zero sum game" since no player gains an advantage. So keep on trucking. :)

I guess the whole Amazon attitude towards PvP is best illustrated by the fact that you guys still compete for weapons and parts; these are more of a side benefit from competing and should NOT be the sole reason for competing in a given event, especially given this cycle's weapons offering ...
    ... then again, this is Amazon we're talking about. :)

All said, one of the first players I thought of when the subscriptions first appeared was YOU. I said, TRY_AGAIN can now fight the battles he needs to catch up. 1/2 way through FOXTROT and with TIER 32 due out in a few hours, the timing couldn't have been better.

C'est Le Vie.

Press GLU for those subscriptions Man ...
    ... for $5/Month that's the best gift you'll ever receive from The GLUTONS. A single buck a week? D.a.m.n Bro live a tiny bit for a change. LOL

But as you stated, as long as you're having fun then continue ... that's what a game is all about right?

The moment it stops being fun, then I'm history ... accomplishments and all. :cool:

Mua-Ha-Ha !!!
  • Options
    Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    What exactly do u get in the subscriptions
  • Options
    What exactly do u get in the subscriptions

Firstly the new GOLD subscriptions vary in length of time ...
    ... $1.99 (week), $4.99 (month), $13.49 (3-months), $23.99 (6-months).

PLATINUM also offers things like REINDEER and SANTA outfits and access to TYRELL TOWER without a lift ticket for about 3x the price, if you're into things like that. :)

The basic GOLD subscription:

+3 MAX ENERGY - 6 FREE Energy and 20 GOLD Gets You 6 PAID Energy.
    INSTANT UPGRADES - No waiting on upgrades to weapons and base.
    DOUBLE GOLD VIDEOS - Always 2x Bars per Video.

I had first dismissed the subscriptions until BRADR752 brought the 6 x Energy to my attention ... that's what did it for me.
  • Options
    Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    Ok so there is no gold given just the ones for watching videos?
  • Options
    Ok so there is no gold given just the ones for watching videos?

Correct ... all previously known GOLD SUBSCRIPTIONS have been cancelled, probably because very few players were subscribing; I do not know if they were continued for those that WERE subscribers.

I think the best way to describe the nature of the new subscriptions is (1) anyone can afford them at roughly $1/week and (2) they effectively double the value of the GOLD you spend on battles.

Of course, even if you don't buy any GOLD, the FREE GOLD still makes it worthwhile. :cool:
  • Options
    The effects of subscriptions upon scoring have started to become apparent. Yesterday I quit competing in the Silver League at around 05:30 PM with roughly 145 VP. I checked in just after 11:00 PM EST with my final score of 170 VP ...
    ... that was barely enough to finish RANK #11.

Now had I actually wanted that weapon (parts), I would have easily scored in excess of 250 VP using mostly FREE Energy.

Again, this morning @ 09:00 AM EST, the leader currently has 221 VP and RANK #02 has 114 VP. To put that in perspective, I only scored 4,334 AP in the Global Event, so this bracket is comprised of "average" players. I'm sure the upper bracket leaders have already exceeded 300 VP ...
    ... this is what I was referring to in my predictions regarding future scoring trends.

The numbers are quite simple ...
    ... the former maximum scoring in a league event in a 24 Hour period was 144 VP; this has now doubled to 288 VP. Now if you are still resistant to GLU subscriptions, consider this ... you'll never win another award without one for you would need to fight twice as many battles (only available via spending GOLD) as the next guy just to finish where you did (relatively speaking) yesterday.

Most players tend to see this as 1/2 the expense to fight the same battle(s) (the 1/2 empty POV) ...
    ... all I see is more battles and higher scores. :)

The mad scientists at GLU HQ have conjured up a "brain storm" with this one. You MUST subscribe to remain competitive because everyone else is leaving you in the wake of their dust ...
    ... put another way, "When In Rome ... " etc. etc. etc.

Following the current trends, it's quite easy to infer that Global/League Events (as we know them) are a thing of the past; CKS 6.0 will truly be a completely new way of competing.

So what about TIER 32? In a very real sense. Tier 32 is a "lame duck" Battle Cycle, meaning that you will need to work twice as hard as you did in TIER 31 ...
    ... the catch is you may land in the GOLD League if you're not careful :( or worse still, fall through the "donut hole".

The GLU Dividend ? ...
    ... instead of collecting 100s of dollars from dozens of players, they will soon be collecting $5-$25 from thousands ... soon to be EVERYONE who plays the game.

On Google Play this translates into a minimum of $1.2 Million annually just from "entrance fees".

• Options
    Screenshot_20161027-101128.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161027-101329.png?psid=1

Apparently, this problem is a little more than a panel "artifact residue" issue.

The work around remains to simply restart the game.

KUDOS