Amazon on Life Support: No Event, No Updates? Glu, Where Are You?

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Was looking so forward to competition this Global Event for the Assault, but, Amazon has not received it.

First, Amazon did not get version 6.0 pushed. Then Tier 33 was not sent to us. And now it seems, Global Events have stopped?

Some background, I'm also in a CKS clone game called Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Over 4 months ago, GLU did a similar thing, stopped Global Events, then Tier, Region and Level updates, yet Store sales and VIP offerings continue.

Our Agency sent Customer Care many tickets asking about the lack of content, and always received answers to "stay tuned", "new events are coming soon", and "we haven't got word when the events are coming". So, several asked to have their gold refunded. The offer was resolved to go to CKS, send a code back to GLU, and the gold and bonuses where given. This happened to Amazon, Google and iOS versions of the game.

And now, a similar situation is here, but just to Amazon? I have 3 accounts. 35K CP at Ch1llAndK1ll (MIRN), 42K VP at OneWorld, and 56K VP (A-T Rank 29) at ComeGetSome. And all on life support, servers continue to keep track of PVP's, but that's all.

GLU, I plead with you to please respond, and give us an answer, what is happening?

Screenshot_2016-11-24-06-22-301.png
Prev1

Comments

• ChickenofdoomChickenofdoom Registered Users 2 Posts
    Good news or bad we deserve a little information. Please glu, don't leave us in dark.
  • 73AA73AA Registered Users 14 Posts
    Glu..give us some respect. Major players (spenders) will not spend if there's nothing to spend on....why purchase new anything if there's no forward motion in the game?

All we ask for is information...

Is the Amazon platform going to get the MCU update? Are we going to get new bases, campaigns, tournaments & VIP events? Are we going to remain static?

We need to know...ignoring us will not help the situation.
  • HotfootdukeHotfootduke Registered Users 4 Posts
    Like many long term players on the Amazon format, I have steadily become increasingly frustrated with the way GLU treats us, how hard is it for them to put a general message on game start-up screen to inform players there is a problem, but no, yet again it's the player that has to chase glu by sending in a ticket to receive the all important robotic message "we will pass your issue onto our dev team".... Many players invest real money into the game, are they to get reimbursed for monies spent in good faith, for a product that is essentially dead in the water? Come on glu, what you gonna do when we ask for our money back? Personally I have over 200 energy refills(paid for with gold) and over 14,000 gold.....now that came to a tidy sum of real money...... so it's either payback time or game time, sort the game...... or I shall be seeking legal advice on a full refund of money spent on unused items such as gold and energy, not just for myself, but for all players on this format!
  • cloudcovercloudcover Registered Users 5 Posts
    Please, on the Amazon platform, we deserve to know if the game is progressing or if Amazon has been abandoned, thank you.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    73AA and HotFootDuke, there is one other release that GLU has not given us for whatever reason. And one Scorpion has stated that is saving him money - Gold Subscriptions. For $5 a month, you get 2 energy refills per 20 gold and instant base upgrades on your diamonds. There are varying subscriptions above $5 too.

You both raise very good points. What GLU did with MIRN has me on edge. For a while they did Event repeats where we went a whole 4 weapon cycles (Tesla, Heavy, Assault, Sniper) competing for the same power weapons. And even still, there are sales in the Store, and VIP events, but without a higher foe to fight, there's no need for any better weapons. The place has seen players leave in droves and void of any competition.

I'm hoping this was another slip by the I.T. department, since we are always the last one to get anything updated, but with these other updates gone by the way side, it doesn't bode well. Maybe they kick the servers on tomorrow, fingers crossed.
    One other time do I remember tournament starting on a Friday so it's possible. But with the lack of new base, campaign , VIP event, updates...it's hard to hope it will start.
    One of our members will be attempting to migrate his Amazon account to an Android account this weekend without loss of gold, weapons, etc. I will post the results of his efforts.
    73AA wrote: »
    One other time do I remember tournament starting on a Friday so it's possible. But with the lack of new base, campaign , VIP event, updates...it's hard to hope it will start.
    One of our members will be attempting to migrate his Amazon account to an Android account this weekend without loss of gold, weapons, etc. I will post the results of his efforts.

I wish them well, and hope he/she knows the kind of competition is at least double what it is in Amazon. The donut hole is a real problem in the Google Play version!

And you are correct, now with two different versions of Events and Tier releases, one with MCU/MDU's and one without, this may be the death knell. Could it be they tested version 6, and Amazon didn't approve it for the Kindle? Would be nice to know something, so we all can make a plan.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Alright Gents ... Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

While I disagree with how GLU conducts it's business with regards to a total lack of communication with their customers, this is nothing at all new ... they NEVER quite did that. We had HANDLES for a brief time, but most of the time, they kept him in the dark as well.

I've personally tried to determine the Amazon fate and the best I could get out of the developers was that they would "look at the possibility" of updating the Amazon platform AFTER the CKS 6.0 release ... that alone tells me they never had any intention of upgrading Amazon.

The platform has been on the ropes for months and I think someone mentioned 200 Energy and many thousands of GOLD ...
    ... accumulating that much, even on a healthy game, defies logic and since we're talking about GLU here, it's just poor judgment.

That said, the game is dead and while I would expect that GLU would inform you as to it's future ...
    ... let's get real, that's not going to happen ... but you already know this. :(

Plan your exit strategy while you still can because they may "pull the plug" at any time.

If you're primary concern is taking your GOLD and ENERGY with you to another platform? ...
    ... I see no reason why GLU cannot accommodate you since all they need to do is positively identify you and grant you a one time GOLD supply.

If you're seeking a refund, remember that disclosure ... "All Sales Are Final and Non-Refundable" ...
    ... we all agreed to that the moment we fired up the game. Your best course of action in this regard would be to dispute the charge with your credit card company if GLU did NOT deliver the services you paid for, but if the transaction is many months old, that may not succeed.

Transferring your game progress may be problematic due to the way Amazon (the Company) functions in general, along with the customizations GLU had to make to it's software. That doesn't mean GLU cannot do this for you, it just means they won't because of the costs involved.

They will continue to try to sell you whatever they can and if at this stage, you're still willing to spend ... well.

I know none of what I've stated above is what you want to hear, but it's the truth and I wouldn't be "helping" by encouraging you to continue to "wait and see".

Let's hope that I am completely wrong ...

The Best of Luck to you all !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    And now, what's the bad news?

Way to stick a fork in it, and call it done, groan...
    try_again wrote: »
    And now, what's the bad news?

Way to stick a fork in it, and call it done, groan...

That WAS the bad news ... it can only get better from here :)
  • cloudcovercloudcover Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hi Amsoft2000, thanks for looking into that and providing feedback, the better to plan next steps without being distracted by happy nonsense...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    That WAS the bad news ... it can only get better from here :)

I was being completely facetious. It will be VERY difficult to accept 96K VP, 2 tier 32 bases, all the weapons won as lost and dead.

I have to have some hope that GLU reconsiders this withheld event and Tier 33 release. They did give us a 33.5 heavy, and foes with level 330. And the Clan Wars continue.

This would be far more acceptable than nothing! No competition, though is death, even if PVP servers continue.
    I know you and your brand of humor ... it took awhile, but I do get it. :)

Although I can't say for sure ...
    ... I think technically there could be a show stopper (clue) in play here. CKS Version 5.1.1 laid the "ground work" for CKS 6.0 and the clue was that you never really got the full update back then because subscriptions were conspicuously missing.

There are certain features (and code) that are common to all platforms and because of that, Amazon is stuck until they determine (and inform us) how to proceed.

(1) Develop a parallel version of the game just for Amazon.
    (2) Develop a "work around" to get past the obstacle.
    (3) Do nothing.

In the end it all boils down to whether it's cost effective for GLU to do anything. We may simply have reached a point in time where GLU has determined that the expected revenue flow doesn't justify the cost of development. In that sense it could happen to any of us at anytime.

Then there's the prestige of having Amazon (an excellent company) promoting your software ...
    ... this is always a plus.

The irony is in the inherent limitations of the Kindle and the associated operating system ...
    ... that's the gotcha; if you're not using a Kindle it still doesn't make a difference.

But you must take a pragmatic approach to making your decision for these are basically business decisions and unfortunately, are completely out of our control being "paying customers".

Whatever "leverage" we had (or could have) is completely ignored by those who matter most.

I know anything that anyone would spend a number of years building, is hard to discard; I have an attic full of accumulated useless junk. But at some point reality (whatever that is) kicks in ...
    ... if starting over is off the table, then obviously there is nothing to lose by waiting and hoping.

Good Luck !!!
  • ContractKillerSniperVIPContractKillerSniperVIP Registered Users 30 Posts
    Try again, I'm confused. Are there at least repeat global/league events on the Amazon platform for CKS like iOS is getting for MIRN? As depressing as it is to not have the version 6 update and the release of tier 33, as long as you can still play the game, I think there'll still be some more fun to be had. I have a question to ask (if you don't mind me asking): do you have a maxed drone, base, and weapons? Because as long as you still have stuff to upgrade and stuff to get from clan wars, there's no rush for there to be new content in CKS for Amazon. You shouldn't have to start all over from scratch again as long as you can still play on your Amazon device. :)
    DiamondJackers: You got jacked! :cool:
    Try again, I'm confused. Are there at least repeat global/league events on the Amazon platform for CKS like iOS is getting for MIRN? As depressing as it is to not have the version 6 update and the release of tier 33, as long as you can still play the game, I think there'll still be some more fun to be had. I have a question to ask (if you don't mind me asking): do you have a maxed drone, base, and weapons? Because as long as you still have stuff to upgrade and stuff to get from clan wars, there's no rush for there to be new content in CKS for Amazon. You shouldn't have to start all over from scratch again as long as you can still play on your Amazon device. :)

No repeat events. The only "content" we get is a sale on a sniper, an assault and a heavy. I could care less with the version 6 update - I'm not an elite player, and don't care to make PVP more difficult in playing elite campaigns. And the drone will never be upgraded. Yes, my MIRN drone is maxed out, the CKS drone would take a huge amount of time to get up to speed, I'd guess 6 months, and tons of contract mission that would drive me nuts. I am completing upgrades to my weapons.

If its a case of Drone is the only thing I can upgrade, I will just walk away from the game in disgust. Scorpion's drone sounds like a beast, and he's invested continuously in it. I've never come up with a real player with a drone that I couldn't ignore.

Now a question for you, How many times have you received repeatable missions? We got 4 (a complete set of weapons), but that was about 4 months ago. The only thing we have there are store sales and VIPs. The Agency is the only thing that's still fun.
  • ContractKillerSniperVIPContractKillerSniperVIP Registered Users 30 Posts
    So I see. :(
    Yeah, I guess investing time in the drone is not in everyone's interest. The weapons seem to be where it's at, especially since it sounds like level 330 bots are showing on CKS for Amazon. To answer your question (I assume by repeatable missions you mean repeatable global/league events - correct me if I'm wrong), CKS continues to progress on iOS and MIRN, although not getting tier 18 and new global/league events, still has repeat events. At counting, I think there have been more than 5 repeat events so far. The last event I recall occurred about a couple of weeks ago according to one of my agents in the Avallach agency (as specified in the 11/24 CKS assault global thread, I'm on a temporary break from CKS and MIRN until January 2017). I'm keeping in touch with my CKS and MIRN clan mates and agents (respectively) via the Line app.
    DiamondJackers: You got jacked! :cool:
    We have had one successful migration from Amazon platform to the Android platform; everything moved over smoothly with a loss of nothing at all. :)
    73AA wrote: »
    We have had one successful migration from Amazon platform to the Android platform; everything moved over smoothly with a loss of nothing at all. :)

Fantastic !!!

Tell your Clan Mate from me ... Welcome to "The Dark Side". :)

Now, is there a procedure that other Amazon Players can follow? OR was this something that GLU was responsible for?

Stating that is was "successful" WITHOUT any more information, isn't stating much and is as useful as the information obtained from GLU. LOL

Please provide more details for everyone that is (was) affected.

KUDOS
    The only thing that is really necessary is for the player is to create an Android account & play to the point where they can create an avatar name. Then, send in a request via email from either account to GLU to migrate the Amazon account to their Android account...GLU does the rest. Snapshots of profile, weapons, equipment, drone & drone parts, character customizations owned, gold, diamonds, accumulated energy, & snapshot of Android account were sent (absolutely necessary in my opinion).

The migration took 2 days; he is happily playing & visiting the Amazon clan about once a day to help more members to move to the Android platform.
    GREAT !!!

Seems like that process isn't much different than migrating to another (new) device.

I encourage all Amazon players to get with the program and start ASAP. The TIER 33 Defense Base costs 127B Diamonds and the sooner you migrate off Amazon, the better off you'll be.

We Welcome You with Open Arms. :)
    Thank you! :)
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    GREAT !!!

Seems like that process isn't much different than migrating to another (new) device.

I encourage all Amazon players to get with the program and start ASAP. The TIER 33 Defense Base costs 127B Diamonds and the sooner you migrate off Amazon, the better off you'll be.

We Welcome You with Open Arms. :)

For the time being, I'm still holding out hope at Amazon. I have two great Clans I'm quite attached to, and would loose about half the players if switching to Google version.

The problem, will be those with Kindles; they cannot download the Google version of the game. And even if they could, they don't have the Google Services installed to insure the game data is backed up. Amazon is very protective of it's products, groan.
    Final domino, or is GLU truly still in the Amazon game?

The last bit of content has been stopped; prizes for the new Season. And being the 1 year anniversary of Clan Wars, our seasons have now halted, no wars are forecast.

Yet, a clan member gets a message from Customer Care that "The Development Team is working on improvement for all platforms." Does this include the Amazon platform? And as usual, not even an estimated time of arrival.

It really disturbs me how Customer Care prides themselves on good service, yet never goes beyond reporting what the development team tells them. Certainly, there are decisions made at higher levels, aka management that actually result in an intended direction. Can't management tell Customer Care what directions it has made for it's games?

Improvements for the Amazon platform could simply be an operating system patch to the servers still running to record PVP totals.
  • TorroTorro Registered Users 2 Posts
    I found this game a couple of months ago, really enjoying it, joined a clan, got to a reasonable level where I was prepared to spend only to find they're going to pull the plug! Why do this? If you have a great game but people aren't spending then get some better offers for players, a bit of advertising. There will be a huge amount of disappointed players just in time for Christmas!
    It's been a month that it became generally accepted that the Amazon Platform would no longer be receiving updates.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?226900-TIER-32-Has-Been-Released&p=515060&viewfull=1#post515060

I'm shocked that anyone would use "good service" in the same sentence with GLU "Customer Care" ... even the B.B.B. would beg to differ. It's the "developers" that have always been at the helm.

Now this was straight from the mouths of the developers, so it's a mystery to me as to why ANYONE on Amazon would think anything different. :( All of the warning signs were there for as far back as you're willing to look. Since there is a process in place to prevent you from losing your game progress and continue playing the game, I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone can think there is hope ... what are you hoping for anyway? More abuse and neglect ... I don't get it.

For anyone who is willing to spend $20 a week (more likely $4.99 a month), this is the biggest mystery. Unless you're addicted to the Kindle, I see no reason to play on Amazon at all ...
    ... for those who wish to continue spending nothing, that is why you're in this predicament.

I repeat, We The Android Players ... Welcome You With Open Arms !!!
  • JohndoeJohndoe Registered Users 3 Posts
    Unfortunately as leaders in this game there is a little more at stake. We spend time recruiting and developing other players while we build on our own profile just to be shut down.......pfff How could you be so inconsiderate glu!?
    At this point I would prefer to start over on a new game with a different developer..........and hopefully bring some of the gaming friends I have found with me.
    As it was said by another "make up your exit strategies now"
    Johndoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately as leaders in this game there is a little more at stake. We spend time recruiting and developing other players while we build on our own profile just to be shut down.......pfff How could you be so inconsiderate glu!?
    At this point I would prefer to start over on a new game with a different developer..........and hopefully bring some of the gaming friends I have found with me.
    As it was said by another "make up your exit strategies now"

This is a general statement, so please nobody take this personally ...

Yeah that was me ... "Plan your exit strategy ... blah blah". You can take your game progress with you, so what else can be more important than that? Of course you can choose another game and start over at anytime; that's your choice.

GLU has "pulled the plug" on many games, most recently MIRN, which was doomed from the day it was released; for months those players kept up hope in vain.

I do realize that "cyber" friends have been made and close ties have been forged, not unlike a friend on Facebook I suppose, but they are not "genuine" ... so please get over it.

My problem is with those players who refuse to budge and are hoping that somehow GLU will come to their senses and restore the Amazon game platform, in all it's glory.

So I'm going to close this discussion thread by stating that any more suffering by Amazon players is "self inflicted" and totally unnecessary.
  • SCARECROWSCARECROW Registered Users 44 Posts
    I thought the week of Thanksgiving they were taking a break so no global event but the start of the new week something was wrong and now I see.I got 3 emails about a 4.99 subscription and was lost of that but now again I see what it was.My tablet has been dying for weeks and beyond repair I kept asking to move my data and glu keep shutting my tickets I sent in and now I see why.I am not spending a cent on a glu game again after what I have invested in CKS I cant see it what a waste of real money.

I would like to move my data over to google and play if it sucks I will just stop but no more real money for me.If I am gonna spend cash on something I will go back to real guns and my hobbies which if I am tired of I can recoup my loss.Will they move my data over or has glu just handed me the Vaseline with sand mixed in and I should just cut my losses.
    Let's see if we can understand what's really happening with regards to the Amazon platform.

As I see it, the only player (that's actually bothered to comment) who had a real concern with regards to possibly investing (or losing) any cash is 73AA, and from what I can tell, he has successfully migrated his game progress over to Google Play.

Now the reason I say this is because 73AA is RANKED #3 All-Time. To put this all in perspective, the Amazon TOP 5 would make the Google Play Leaderboard All-Time and would fall somewhere between RANK #6 and RANK #20. Other than those TOP 5 Players, everyone else is what I would classify as "average" players, somewhat like myself, and would not appear on the leaderboard at all.

So the question that begs to be asked is, "What are you spending all of this money on?" ...
    ... Clearly it's not to fight PvP Battles.

Now what's "a lot of money" is purely subjective, but I spend on average no more than $20/week plus a recent $4.99/month subscription; I would RANK #6 All-Time on Amazon.

This is definitely NOT a criticism in any way, rather what I'm trying to convey is how GLU views all of this from a business perspective.

So while a handful of Amazon players are actually spending a sizeable amount playing this game, 95% of Amazon players aren't spending enough for GLU to continue developing software for that platform ... that's all it really boils down to.

My experience, right or wrong ... fair or otherwise, is that GLU responds to "paying customers". In fact I try to use that advantage I enjoy to help other players who would otherwise be ignored. I don't abuse that privilege and ONLY use it when it's uniquely necessary.

If you have captured all of your vital gameplay progress statistics, please post the screenshots and I will submit a ticket on your behalf ... no problem ... and try to aid you in your migration efforts.
  • RickMRickM Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have seen this before. I played a game called world at arms from the developer, gameloft, for over 3 years. When a new major game content update was ready, the developer ran into issues with Amazon's licensing agreements and decided to drop Amazon as a carrier rather than deal with the tech support headaches that would follow.
    The game is still playable on Amazon, but with no in game updates or progressions. It's in limbo. Yet gameloft, too still offers packs to buy for real money on the game.
    No different from what we are experiencing here with glu and Amazon.
    My advice to all is to transfer asap.
    Best of luck to all.