Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

"There are no videos available at the moment, please try again later"

hardvibes84hardvibes84 Registered Users 31 Posts
Why oh why do I have to see this 80% of the time? There is an option to watch videos to reduce the waiting time. Ok, so I should see videos. Not this message.
PLEASE, I CAN'T STAND THIS

Screenshot_2014-08-04-11-46-50.png

Comments

• NiNja da HatchieNiNja da Hatchie Registered Users 715 Posts
    Simple. It was stated some time ago that they only get a certain amount of "free" videos at a time from the sponsors. So once they run out there aren't any until the next batch of videos come in. I know it sucks at times but that's pretty much the reasoning.
  • hardvibes84hardvibes84 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Simple. It was stated some time ago that they only get a certain amount of "free" videos at a time from the sponsors. So once they run out there aren't any until the next batch of videos come in. I know it sucks at times but that's pretty much the reasoning.
    Like I said...why not let us RE-watch the old videos then?

I think the real reason is way more simple than what you just wrote. Can you guess?
    Guero 135 wrote: »
    If videos would be unlimited, then everybody would watch them instead of using gems to instant repair.
    Bingo (but not only repairs, I'm also talking about installing parts). My thread is just a provocation.

• TheDouggernautTheDouggernaut Registered Users 3 Posts
    The potential this developer has in advertising could far surpass the amount of money they make in selling gems.
    Google can cost anywhere from $.01 to $1.00 for one click on your photo advertisement, how about a 30 second video?
    Youtube can cost anywhere from 10 to 40 cents just for someone to watch your ad.
    Charge 10 cents a video to advertisers and if a car takes 10 hours to repair for example you just made $1 on them watching ads.
    At the most expensive customers buy 80 gems for 1.99 that's about 2.5 cents a gem. cars take 25 gems that's about 60 cents.
    Either way you would have to either go through an advertising source to get the money for the views, or google for the money in IAP so you have to wait to get the revenue anyways.
    I'm not saying get rid of gems just use them for things like special cars not reducing repair time/upgrade time.
  • jeeneeusjeeneeus Registered Users 3 Posts
    You guys are all so dumb. Cie only gets a finite number of videos from YouTube, Google, etc. Then they give them out to people. Once they run out of videos, they don't have any more videos so they show that message. How can you re-watch a video when it's already completed? There's no such thing as a perpetual motion device. Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion. Once all the videos are used up, Cie has to get more videos from Youtube, Google, etc. before they can give them out again.
  • TheDouggernautTheDouggernaut Registered Users 3 Posts
    jeeneeus wrote: »
    You guys are all so dumb. Cie only gets a finite number of videos from YouTube, Google, etc. Then they give them out to people. Once they run out of videos, they don't have any more videos so they show that message. How can you re-watch a video when it's already completed? There's no such thing as a perpetual motion device. Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion. Once all the videos are used up, Cie has to get more videos from Youtube, Google, etc. before they can give them out again.
    Does youtube or google ever run out of ads to show? No never. Cie has all the ability to make more money from video advertisement but wont.
    jeeneeus wrote: »
    Too bad the limited number of videos is an excuse to let us use/buy more gems.
    The proof? Sometimes I insist like 20 times trying to let the videos play...and in the end 1 or 2 show up, and guess what? They're exactly the same I watched before.