Options

diamonds

GaelicGaelic Registered Users 2 Posts
What is the point in collecting diamonds (so they don't get stolen by other players), if they get taken from the vault anyways? My vault is a freaking sieve.

Comments

• Options
    TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    Gaelic wrote: »
    What is the point in collecting diamonds (so they don't get stolen by other players), if they get taken from the vault anyways? My vault is a freaking sieve.

By getting revenge, we are able to steal from opponents safe houses/vaults, exactly the same if they got revenge on us. Therefore, use your diamonds or else people will get revenge and steal them!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    SteveLSteveL Registered Users 6 Posts
    TonyPoeHo wrote: »
    By getting revenge, we are able to steal from opponents safe houses/vaults, exactly the same if they got revenge on us. Therefore, use your diamonds or else people will get revenge and steal them!

I do not agree with that. In either in PvP or a campaign when launching an attack, there is an interim screen that scrolls game hints. One of the hints clearly states, "Collect diamonds from your base often to prevent other players from stealing them". Why would they have that hint if the game doesnt work that way. It's a bug and Glu needs to fix it.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    SteveL wrote: »
    I do not agree with that. In either in PvP or a campaign when launching an attack, there is an interim screen that scrolls game hints. One of the hints clearly states, "Collect diamonds from your base often to prevent other players from stealing them". Why would they have that hint if the game doesnt work that way. It's a bug and Glu needs to fix it.

Go to "Base Defense" and you will see an option to collect your diamonds, these are the items the hint is talking about taking before other players do.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Go to "Base Defense" and you will see an option to collect your diamonds, these are the items the hint is talking about taking before other players do.

The game hint is misleading. "Collecting diamonds" does not protect the diamonds from other players being able to steal them. A true game hint would be simply explaining how the game works. Such as, "Your safe holds more diamonds than your automatic diamond collection fund, so be sure to put your diamonds in your safe."

People are complaining about diamonds being stolen from their safe, which is a game function to entice people to attack each other's bases instead of just waiting to collect diamonds from their own diamond production collection funds.

The only realistic explanation is to say that there are multiple safes and that the diamonds are evenly dispersed between them; which would explain why you don't get all of the diamonds a player has and get more diamonds, per safe, when the total amount of diamonds is greater.

However, realistic or not, people are asking for a way to protect their diamonds. So is there a game addition idea that actually adds to the fun of the game, while making sense, and protecting diamonds? I'm sure there are many ideas, but a very simple idea would be to use the idea of multiple safes.

For example: If we had 5 safes, we could choose what safes to add diamonds to. Then when someone successfully attacked our base, they could choose 1 of the 5 safes to collect from without knowing how many diamonds were in each safe.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    SteveLSteveL Registered Users 6 Posts
    Handles wrote: »

Thanks for your input Handles but I was expecting a more informed responce from a Glu moderator. The diamond collection happens in the Safe House not Base Defence. And yes, even if you miss-spoke we are collecting the diamonds. The complaint is the hint says to collect yor diamonds often to prevent other players from stealing them. What is the point of that hint If you collect your diamonds thinking they're safe if they can still be stolen?

I actually like David T's suggestion.