Is matching algorithm flawed?

AB2000AB2000 Registered Users 7 Posts
I have a Base Power of 477 in Tier 3. When try to play PVP - the game matches me to players with a Base Power of ~1,450 in Tier 4. Obviously, they always win. I played 7-8 games today and 6 of the games were with players that have Base Power 1000 more than me.

I should be matched with people who have Base Power similar to mine. What is used to match players to each other?

Thanks

Comments

• Katia_MKatia_M Registered Users 20 Posts
    I think we're matched according to the assassin points, but even so it looks like we're matched with much stronger opponents just so we'll spend diamonds until we find an opponent that we can beat.
    Well, at least you can play PVP. My game always crashes during PVP battles.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I've seen a few posts on this subject and I'm not sure what the algorithm is, but I agree.

The first opponent offered:
    30% of the time an opponent with 1440 defense.
    20% of the time it's someone with 400-500 more defense than you have for attacking power.

The second opponent offered:
    Usually a 50/50 mix of the 1440 and the 1000 power group.

The third opponent usually is someone realistically beatable.

I'm used to getting a string of different 1440 opponents offered back-to-back, and for the first time I was actually only given one choice of the SAME 1440 power opponent. Paid 85, offered Mr X (1440 defense), paid 165, offered the same Mr X! Then 320, same result, 430, same result.

Taking a break and maybe I'll get someone other than this same opponent after I pay 500 for the next one.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    The threshold changes based on who is available to be matched against you. So if there isn't someone playing who is really close to you, you'll be matched with whoever is available.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    In the case of only being offered the same player back-to-back x4, if what you say is true, ALL 2.1+ million registered players were signed on except this one player that was offered? Wow, crazy timing I guess?!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    In the case of only being offered the same player back-to-back x4, if what you say is true, ALL 2.1+ million registered players were signed on except this one player that was offered? Wow, crazy timing I guess?!

Ha- does sound improbable. I'm not really sure about the details, but will check with the team.
  • AB2000AB2000 Registered Users 7 Posts
    GluAdmin,
    I've tried battling different opponents since I've been playing over a month now. There is virtually no way to win against an opponent with a power of ~250 higher than what I currently have. In my opinion, if my power is 477 - you should find someone not more than 477+200 = ~677. If you cannot find anyone below 680 - you should return an error message saying - nobody is available. You should not match me with someone who has 3 times the amount of weapons and health.
    With my power of 477 - I've tried to battle people between 700 and 1440 and I had no chance. I lost within 45 sec in each case. Essentially, I lost my diamonds just for trying to do PVP, since each PVP costs 85 diamonds. I also tried to find other PVP battles and decided that this strategy was not worth either. The system would offer me various players, all between 1200 and 1440. I would lose each time even with additional medkits, rockets and grenades.
    Regards