Lowest rated weapons to earn 1440 defense?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Is it possible to achieve a 1440 defense through game play, without buying it with gold?

What is the minimum rated attacking power someone has used to gain a full 1440 defense?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• YorlfasaYorlfasa Registered Users 5 Posts
    Didn't think attack power had anything to do with the defense. That's purely base upgrade I believe.
  • Anton87Anton87 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Having 720 attacking power is enough to win 1440 guys pretty regularly and thus you can move forward indefinitely.
    (You can get 720 by upgrading regular guns bought for 17500 cash and spending reasonable amount of gold for damage upgrades just by watching videos and winning 50 gold in PvP tournament prizes for getting 2500 points.)

In long range I usually spent one rocket in the beginning to eliminate sentry gun and a few special forces guys, otherwise it is much harder and usually you need to spend a med kit. But I was able to win a few times even without rockets and med kits. Rockets can be won once a day if you play open contracts (after watching video) and also in PvP tournaments without spending real money (just by playing regularly).

In short range there are 3 different games and the one where you start in the right is the easiest one. I won it regularly with 1440 guys without any additional things. Recently I won Kraken in mystery box (800 attacking power assault gun) and I already upgraded it to 1056, so now winning 1440 guys is easy as pie (except the hardest game where you start in the left side - I still use med kits regularly there. And again med kits are usually given as gifts for watching videos once a day).

Another interesting observation is that during PvP tournaments when most of 1440 guys online you often get some easy opponents to play. E.g. during last tournaments with unreal heavy guns as prizes almost all matches I played were against no more than 3 star defense. On next Monday 1440 hell was back and almost all matchups were for 1440 guys :)
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    @Anton87

I agree with the game strategy and ways to collect free gold and equipment. Much easier than trying to wait out the game to collect diamonds.

The key was you won a mystery box weapon to gain a 1056 attacking power and became consistently competitive in PVP without using equipment.

I think a lot of players get stuck at 604 attack/800 defense because it takes 8K diamonds for the first base upgrade for diamond production to get a 10K diamond safe; then multiple 10K diamond upgrades to get a 12500 diamond safe so you can purchase the next weapon upgrade.

Meanwhile, you're stuck signed on to the game for 22+ hours straight, so you don't get attacked, 'to collect' the 8K diamonds. And then another 24 hour stunt to collect the 10K diamonds.

The issue for most people is the amount of time you have to stay signed on to the game, collecting enough gold for helpful equipment, and the skill it takes to fight your way through PVP until you have enough attack/defense to be consistently competitive.

OR

Buy everything with gold like GLU wants us to. :)
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Anton87Anton87 Registered Users 9 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    The key was you won a mystery box weapon to gain a 1056 attacking power and became consistently competitive in PVP without using equipment.

A I said I won 1440 guys with regular 720 assault gun pretty often even before I won Kraken (with some knifes and rarely with med kits). So it's all real.
    I think a lot of players get stuck at 604 attack/800 defense because it takes 8K diamonds for the first base upgrade for diamond production to get a 10K diamond safe;

When weapon upgrades costs more than safe size I just collect enough gold and buy them (PvP 50 gold for 2500 points helps a lot here).
    ...then multiple 10K diamond upgrades to get a 12500 diamond safe so you can purchase the next weapon upgrade.
    You can purchase safe updates without buying all other updates. This was the first thing I did when finally get to base level 4 - buy all 4 safe updates to have the best speed of collecting diamonds and the largest possible safe. Then I bought all 4 health updates and only now buying remaining ones (which I actually don't care much since I'm staying online indefinitely and never was attacked during last week (except 3 accidental cases))