PvP short range fights: buttons become unresponsive

iamheiamhe Registered Users 13 Posts
Very often during PvP short range missions, the left-right arrows (the arrows you use to run from one point of cover to another) disappear, and the other buttons (fire, target, etc.) become unresponsive. I can still pan the view, the buttons continue to react to touch input, and the timer continues to count down, so I know the game isn't frozen. The buttons simply stop functioning.

What's really weird is that this only happens when I'm under rocket launcher fire. When this happens, all I can do is sit there, crouched behind cover, waiting for the rocket launcher to eventually finish me off, or for time to run out.

I've had this happen *three* times today alone, and I think five times in total.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? It is INTENSELY irritating - so much so, that it's not worth the aggravation.

Sadly, I'm done with PvP, at least for the time being.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    iamhe,

Yes, I've also experienced the delayed response. I'm not exactly sure what the link is between our local devices that hold the program and the wifi part of being connected to their server, but maybe the delay is more noticeable because their servers are busier during PVP tournaments?

I've gotten used to pressing the buttons multiple times until I see my player actually move; especially to reload ammo and as you mentioned, get out of the way of those rockets. Good luck.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • iamheiamhe Registered Users 13 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    iamhe,

Yes, I've also experienced the delayed response. I'm not exactly sure what the link is between our local devices that hold the program and the wifi part of being connected to their server, but maybe the delay is more noticeable because their servers are busier during PVP tournaments?

I've gotten used to pressing the buttons multiple times until I see my player actually move; especially to reload ammo and as you mentioned, get out of the way of those rockets. Good luck.

Hi David,

It's not a delayed response problem. (I have that issue too, but I was talking about something different here. :))

When I experience the problem I described, you can see the buttons reacting to touch input. Plus, I can pan the view, so I know it's not a delayed response problem. It's a bug in the game that 1.) causes the left/right arrows to disappear, and 2.) causes the buttons to "break", so even though they acknowledge touch input, they take no action. Oh ... the pause button will still work ... so you can exit the match if you want. That's your only option when this happens, other than to just sit there, until the time runs out, or until the mortar barrage kills you.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Ah, I see. So your game has 'sitting duck' syndrome. Hope Glu finds a cure for that soon; doesn't sound fun.
    iPhone 4, usually.