Workaround for those stuck at collecting packs screen

Katia_MKatia_M Registered Users 20 Posts
As Customer Care didn't seem to care and never replied to my ticket, I began doing some search and found out in File Commander there's a path that leads to an empty folder. Go to SDCard>Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3 and you'll see there are no files there. In Internal Storage, go to Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3 and you'll notice there's a file there. Copy it and paste in the empty folder in SDCard. Now the game is working for me, I hope it works for you, too.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Nice work Katia. If this isn't posted in the Glu FAQ section, it should be, and if it were up to me I think this is worthy of a bonus 50 gold to your account....how'bout it Glu?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • bnmanibnmani Registered Users 11 Posts
    Any solution for iPhone?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    bnmani wrote: »
    Any solution for iPhone?

Are you getting stuck at "collecting packs" too on iphone? Or do you mean you can't load the game in general?

I use a iphone4 for this game and have successfully played it after the update. I am having other issues with the game while playing; mostly to do with failed PVP match loading, freezing, graphics issues. I haven't found a good work around that works for me. Still trying different things. I typically close all of the apps out of the background, although this usually just helps the game response; same with making sure you have a good wifi connection.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Katia_M wrote: »
    As Customer Care didn't seem to care and never replied to my ticket, I began doing some search and found out in File Commander there's a path that leads to an empty folder. Go to SDCard>Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3 and you'll see there are no files there. In Internal Storage, go to Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3 and you'll notice there's a file there. Copy it and paste in the empty folder in SDCard. Now the game is working for me, I hope it works for you, too.

Thanks for posting this. I'll pass along to Customer Care to add to the FAQ.
  • Katia_MKatia_M Registered Users 20 Posts
    Better make it a sticky post here in this forum containing common problems and solutions for CKS, this way people don't need to navigate around. I didn't even check FAQ section first, haha.
  • MousemanMouseman Registered Users 6 Posts
    I play on an Ipad and I have a problem with the rewards for watching videos not coming through, as well as the game locking up when I do PvP matches.

Any idea if there is a work around for Ipad / Iphone like what you did for android?
  • maw49maw49 Registered Users 7 Posts
    This may be the problem I am having. After the 12/20 update my game does not load. It starts and then I get an Error Message telling me to restart the loading which has usually happened in the past but now the screen stays black and nothing happens.

I noticed you mentioned the SDcard folder, but I have the Droid Turbo and there is no SD card. Is it still the same process? Thanks.

This may be the problem I am having. After the 12/20 update my game does not load. It starts and then I get an Error Message telling me to restart the loading which has usually happened in the past but now the screen stays black and nothing happens.

I noticed you mentioned the SDcard folder, but I have the Droid Turbo and there is no SD card. Is it still the same process? Thanks.
  • Katia_MKatia_M Registered Users 20 Posts
    maw49 wrote: »

Hi, maw49, sorry for the delay. I would try clearing cache and see if it solves the problem. If not, see if you have the file in Internal Storage>Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3, file name is main.1110.com.glu.contractkiller3.obb with 56.2 MB in size. Other things I would try is closing any open appliccations and disabling notifications, especially if you have Line app installed (for some reason, Line always made CKS crash or freeze). You can also install DU Speed Booster and start CKS from the Game Booster folder. I hope you'll find a solution for your problem, and good luck!
    Hi, maw49, sorry for the delay. I would try clearing cache and see if it solves the problem. If not, see if you have the file in Internal Storage>Android>obb>com.glu.contractkiller3, file name is main.1110.com.glu.contractkiller3.obb with 56.2 MB in size. Other things I would try is closing any open appliccations and disabling notifications, especially if you have Line app installed (for some reason, Line always made CKS crash or freeze). You can also install DU Speed Booster and start CKS from the Game Booster folder. I hope you'll find a solution for your problem, and good luck!

Thank you for the tips, I will try them out. No worries about the delay, appreciate your help. Very happy with the forum here, people actually respond to my questions. Been on other forums and it's like crickets when I've posted a question. Ha ha ha...
  • master2master2 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Why like that
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts

This is not contract killer 3.
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    master2 wrote: »
    Why like that
    sorry. This is cck3
  • Ljshaw3457Ljshaw3457 Registered Users 21 Posts
    I've never played this game on any other iOS except iPhone. Since the addition to the "2 gold bars for watching a video" was turned on for this weekends Global games, when I try and load the game, it logs me in, then changes to Loading Config and stays there until the restart, check your internet displays and I cannot play. What's the "go around" for this problem?
  • Ohara17vers2Ohara17vers2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Having the exact same problem on my iPhone.
    How do I fix, haven't been able to play in 2 days.