PVP Tournament 12-18 thru 12-22

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
I started this post for comments about this specific PVP tournament so maybe we can track some time specific issues for Glu.

1. Continuous loading screen for diamond purchased PVP match; having to restart game and the match registered as "attack lost".

Before the update, this issue used to happen to me much more often than it does now, which shows a lot of progress, from my experience anyway.

Logically, this issue probably has more to do with how many people are playing the game at the same time, connectivity issues, or internal device conflicts of some sort, but maybe there is another explanation...

If this issue is happening to you, can you see any pattern as to when it happens based on the amount of AP you have? Or any other pattern?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Very interesting post David T. I for one noticed this problem the moment I end up with a 25 AP reward, a couple of battles later and I experience the continuous loading screen. This problem peaked last Sa****ay when everyone was PVPing.
  • MMTMMT Registered Users 2 Posts
    But regardless of why it is happening, isn't the obvious solution for the time being to fix the most deleterious aspect (paying diamonds for no gain, and most critically, during the tournament, having a winning streak artificially broken) to program it so that it doesn't debit anything or tally an outcome until the battle is actually engaged, perhaps with a final wall where player has to click 'begin' to actually launch the battle *after* it has successfully loaded, after which it seems no one is ever having any problems with play completing...

It may be annoying to restart, but not nearly as infuriating as losing the amped up 25AP level due to lack of technical competence.

It just happened to me at #162, no where near 700, and I'm sitting right beside my router, which no one else is using for anything right now and always works flawlessly for everything else when we do.
  • Anton87Anton87 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Someone posted in some thread before. To not loose the winning streak just open another app (or home screen) wait for 5-6 minutes and then open CKS again (do not kill it from memory). It will start loading initial screen and when you get in, this game will be just ignored as you never played it. But diamonds and energy will be lost and you have to pay as many diamonds as you would when "choose another opponent". Very effective in saving winning streaks. In the model where you play every ten minutes this way you loose only 25 AP for lost energy, while with app restart it is 92 = (25-1+25-5+25-7+25-10+25-15+25-20) assuming you were at 25.
  • babyteacherbabyteacher Registered Users 53 Posts
    thanks , anton87 , i will try to reach the top 5 , now im just in top 10 for losing 24 hours playing event cause of error after update with android
    Now im in top 2 in android but very hard to find opponent
  • Team satoriTeam satori Registered Users 53 Posts
    I play during the game disconnects me although I won and lost points ... **** **** ****
    Burtic Dorin
  • MMTMMT Registered Users 2 Posts
    Anton87 wrote: »
    To not loose the winning streak just open another app...

Thanks for the tip. That is definitely a satisfactory work around.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    2. PVP in-progress "Shots from the Ceiling" issue.

After killing all of the soldiers, with only the opponent remaining, my game view graphics change to a birds-eye view of myself, with the opponent either in the wall or underneath me, while their shots come from the ceiling. It seems to happen when I use a forward directional arrow to advance to the closest attacking position. In one example the birds-eye view came in before I pressed the forward arrow on an opponent with a tier 5 base, and I was able to complete the match by not advancing forward and killing them from a distance.

3. "Sitting Duck"
    Early into a PVP match, my player freezes in the crouched position. The game still runs, the soldiers still shoot, the rockets still cause damage. The only button that remains active on the screen is Pause. No directional arrows.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    So far this tournament, from my gaming experience, GLU has a 96% error free 3 day average.

From a player's perspective:
    4% game error and 12 energy, 1080 AP, 1500 diamonds (min) ..... LOST :(

I've attempted 321 PVP matches and 12 of them caused a false "attack lost" creating a broken 25AP per match streak (aka 90AP loss difference).

1st day: 65 Attempts; 62 successful with 3 errors.
    GLU: 5% game error.
    Player: 3 energy/270AP/375 diamonds (min) LOST.

2nd day: 132 Attempts; 129 successful with 3 errors.
    GLU: 2% game error.
    Player: 3 energy/270AP/375 diamonds (min) LOST.

3rd day(current): 124 Attempts; 118 successful with 6 errors (so far).
    GLU: 5% game error.
    Player: 6 energy/540AP/750 diamonds (min) LOST.

I didn't count errors that were back to back that did not result in a 25AP broken streak. WiFi constantly checked, no other apps running in the background, and no variance in player gaming practices. And unfortunately the trick to leave the game running in the background, playing another app for 4-5 minutes, and then reactivating the game, is not working on my iphone.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    New update ver 1.1.1 is released , maybe to fix some current errors
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I don't see a version 1.1.1? Which system are you playing this on?
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I just got 1.1.1, and I'm on Android
    Drink more beer. :cool:
    Does anyone know the top AP score all time for a tournament?

The #1 on the Apple leaderboard is flying towards 20000 and with the faster game play it looks like whatever the record is, it will be broken.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    android leaderboard is so hot
    Screenshots_2014-12-22-14-45-43.png
  • TURKEMPİRETURKEMPİRE Registered Users 10 Posts
    When it comes to ranking 12 gift
    android leaderboard is so hot
    Screenshots_2014-12-22-14-45-43.png

Ahh man, the picture didn't post. I take it you said this because you're at the top of the leaderboard???? Good job, repost the picture if you can as I would like to compare the Apple to the Android.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    12 rankings this week , but I see that I 'm going to complain if you did not come anywhere gun does not come to court
    12 rankings this week , but I see that I 'm going to complain if you did not come anywhere gun does not come to court

Are you using https://translate.google.com/ ? What language ?
    Kullandığınız Are https://translate.google.com/ ? Hangi dil ?
    Јесте ли користите https://translate.google.com/ ? ста језика ?
    Используете ли вы https://translate.google.com/ ? Что jezik ?
    iPhone 4, usually.
    ı week ranking 12 and my gun why not come