Feedback

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    HANDLES - Algorithm for PVP player matching request (revisited).

Currently it seems like we are matched up in PVP by our "Victory Points" total versus our attacking/defense stats.

2880 defenses are becoming more common and those players usually only play the game for PVP Tournaments. Monday-Wed PVP match ups are inundated with the 2880 defense players.

Example of what I just tried in PVP:
    125 diamonds (2880 defense), 250 (2880), 375 (2280), 500 (2880), 620 (895) for a whopping 91 diamond reward. So you spend 1870 diamonds for a chance to win diamonds from someone that has a 1440 defense or less. I realize this is only one example, but this is a very typical example of what happens consistently.

Suggestion: Whatever the Victory Points are, we shouldn't be matched up with a player that has more than 150% defense to our attacking power. The majority of players use additional equipment to beat a defense with the same attacking power they have.

I see GLU is trying different pricing strategies for their games, but most people's first impression of GLU starts off with the free version. Just something to think about.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    HANDLES - Algorithm for PVP player matching request (revisited).

Currently it seems like we are matched up in PVP by our "Victory Points" total versus our attacking/defense stats.

2880 defenses are becoming more common and those players usually only play the game for PVP Tournaments. Monday-Wed PVP match ups are inundated with the 2880 defense players.

Example of what I just tried in PVP:
    125 diamonds (2880 defense), 250 (2880), 375 (2280), 500 (2880), 620 (895) for a whopping 91 diamond reward. So you spend 1870 diamonds for a chance to win diamonds from someone that has a 1440 defense or less. I realize this is only one example, but this is a very typical example of what happens consistently.

Suggestion: Whatever the Victory Points are, we shouldn't be matched up with a player that has more than 175% defense to our attacking power. The vast majority uses additional equipment to beat someone with 150% defense vrs. attacking power.

I see GLU is trying different pricing strategies for their games, but most people's first impression of GLU starts off with the free version. Just something to think about.

Bro, your inbox is full. I can't pm you anymore.
    Bro, your inbox is full. I can't pm you anymore.

Whoops, I didn't realize I had to manually empty the inbox and sent folders. Max's out at 50 between the two. All cleared up now. Thanks for the heads up.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • iamheiamhe Registered Users 13 Posts
    [Asus tf700t Android tablet, Android 4.4.2]

I just started a PvP match (long range) for ~1300 diamonds, against a lower-rated opponent. I expected an easy win.

However, about 10 seconds in, the game just completely exited out. There was no crash message: one second I was playing, the next second, I was staring at the Android desktop ... minus one energy unit and 125 diamonds. And, just to add insult to injury, a fresh loss graced my battle log.

Contract Killer: Sniper is in that "upper tier" game category, i.e. server based, higher-end graphics, well thought out theme and story line, sophisticated IAP infrastructure, etc. But in that upper tier, it is solidly at the bottom of the heap, in terms of quality. In that tier, it is simply the most poorly-implemented game I have ever come across. By far.

I know that's all pretty general; I'll elaborate more at a later date. At the moment, I'm simply too frustrated, ****ed off and fed up to opine objectively. If I'm not going to be complimentary, at least I want to be fair.
  • James BJames B Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi, I've been at level 40 for a long time...I'm not sure how or when or if there's another level. I'm in the Europe Campaign. In LURE PAPANTONIOU OUT AND ASSASSINATE HIM he is invisible and can not be killed. I took a screen shot but I don't know how to add to the report.

I've also experienced the same as others have already reported. I get stuck and lose the energy bar however the game fails to load.

I play on iPhone 5S
  • xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
    OK... this is getting old. I just won ahead fought PVP and had 950 diamonds due me, when an update message of up !!! I didn't get the diamonds due to me... Between th hang ups where you can't play a PVP player, but still lose diamonds like you did play them, and now this !!! Admin needs to address tees problems !!!
  • tngrandfathertngrandfather Registered Users 21 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Hello,

Can you please inform me of what device and OS you are using to play?

I am using an iPad 4 with retina display and most of the time I am sitting three feet away from the Comcast X1-package modem/WIFI router.
    iamhe wrote: »
    [Asus tf700t Android tablet, Android 4.4.2]

I just started a PvP match (long range) for ~1300 diamonds, against a lower-rated opponent. I expected an easy win.

However, about 10 seconds in, the game just completely exited out. There was no crash message: one second I was playing, the next second, I was staring at the Android desktop ... minus one energy unit and 125 diamonds. And, just to add insult to injury, a fresh loss graced my battle log.

****ing did it to me again. The game crashes pretty regularly for me now.

I have a logcat with the last crash, if anyone is interested.
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    OK... this is getting old. I just won ahead fought PVP and had 950 diamonds due me, when an update message of up !!! I didn't get the diamonds due to me... Between th hang ups where you can't play a PVP player, but still lose diamonds like you did play them, and now this !!! Admin needs to address tees problems !!!

They won't address this problem. They have no incentive to fix this issue, or any of the others that cost you game currency, because they benefit from these bugs.

Actually, it's probably not correct to call them bugs. They may have started out that way, but they are now implementation details. And I'm betting they're here to stay.
  • ASU123ASU123 Registered Users 13 Posts
    I also got this problem and have to ask refund from iTunes.
    I don't know what is happening , are there any chances to buy the gold ???
  • DelbarDelbar Registered Users 56 Posts
    Fire button sometime its stuck! Moving to a point to another with delays. Maybe youneed to reboot your servers? Too much lag!! I'm noticing also that most of the time in pvp matches, losing four matches and winning one! For the ammount of time waiting to play isnt that worthy. Playing with users who have their bases maxed with 2880 defense, you dont have the chance to win but if you wont to upgrade your base you need to spend real money. Why glu doesnt select opponents by levels, so everyonecan have fun playing this game?
  • DercheffeDercheffe Registered Users 2 Posts
    hi,
    a problem concerning the Base upgrade window came across.
    There is a task to level up the guards in my base. Now the problem: I did it just two hours ago and now every time I start the game all buttons are locked but the guard upgrade button. When I push that button nothing happens, of course because the game expect me to lvl it up... but that isnt possible ^^
    Can you integrate a function in your script that checks if tasks has been accomplished already to proceed with the game, or something like that? I can upload a screenshot if anybody can explain how it works here ;)

thx
  • ValenguardValenguard Registered Users 1 Posts
    On one of the case contract missions in east Asia where you have to kill
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Dercheffe wrote: »
    hi,
    a problem concerning the Base upgrade window came across.
    There is a task to level up the guards in my base. Now the problem: I did it just two hours ago and now every time I start the game all buttons are locked but the guard upgrade button. When I push that button nothing happens, of course because the game expect me to lvl it up... but that isnt possible ^^
    Can you integrate a function in your script that checks if tasks has been accomplished already to proceed with the game, or something like that? I can upload a screenshot if anybody can explain how it works here ;)

thx

Have you completely exited the game and restarted the device to see if that corrects the issue?
  • DercheffeDercheffe Registered Users 2 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Have you completely exited the game and restarted the device to see if that corrects the issue?

yes I did ;/
  • babyteacherbabyteacher Registered Users 53 Posts
    Whats wrong with new event , its started just 30 minutes but top 1 get 10000 points and others are 2000 to 9000 points . Are you serious . It took me more than 1 day to get 10000 points
    I have noticed the same. its impossible to get all those points after the opening of the event. This is getting so much ridiculous! Can someone explain please?
    Delbar wrote: »
    I have noticed the same. its impossible to get all those points after the opening of the event. This is getting so much ridiculous! Can someone explain please?

I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that all of those high scores have been carried over from the last tournament for those players that didn't receive their rewards.

I was going to sit this one out anyway but a heads up for the rest of you; My player froze in the 3rd match. Have fun if you choose to play, but it seems like the bugs are still out there to get us.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I really appreciate for your explanation. I'm playing the event to gain more diamonds and for now I'm still upgrading my base to be more competitive.
  • ShikobaShikoba Registered Users 34 Posts
    Hi.
    Today I played and won, and just when I was about to receive my diamonds an update came up and I couldn't get my diamonds I earned. Fortunately my streak of 25AP didn't disappear. But honestly, this is riddiculous! Also I don't understand why it starts again from 3AP when I close the app (really close it, not just switch to another game or something) or when I play in Europe just to earn some money and make the time get passed. Why not just give always 25AP for every won game?
    Another thing: why am I still stuck at level 40? Even after the update like one or two weeks ago I'm still stuck at 40. When does it move on? I'm not playing Europe anymore to not lose gold for grading up. But this is really annoying!
    Shikoba wrote: »
    Hi.
    Today I played and won, and just when I was about to receive my diamonds an update came up and I couldn't get my diamonds I earned. Fortunately my streak of 25AP didn't disappear. But honestly, this is riddiculous! Also I don't understand why it starts again from 3AP when I close the app (really close it, not just switch to another game or something) or when I play in Europe just to earn some money and make the time get passed. Why not just give always 25AP for every won game?
    Another thing: why am I still stuck at level 40? Even after the update like one or two weeks ago I'm still stuck at 40. When does it move on? I'm not playing Europe anymore to not lose gold for grading up. But this is really annoying!

Glad to hear you didn't lose your 25AP reward for the update; that is an improvement.

GLU wants to reward the players that can keep a winning streak, but if you're not losing in the game and have already earned the 25AP per match, then you should be receiving 25AP per won PVP match until you lose.

40 is the top level and you are correct, if you continue to earn XP after you've reached level 40, the XP gets saved up in the game so when GLU releases a level 50, it is possible that you have already earned a level 50, and for whatever reason the game doesn't give you the 5 gold per level reward; Unless you don't earn XP until Level 50 comes out, then you should receive 5 gold when you reach level 41, 42, etc.

GLU: It would be really cool if you can fix this saved up XP glitch that discourages people from playing campaign sections in order to get their gold rewards, before you decide to change the maximum level again.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • maw49maw49 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Game won't start after the update on 12/20. Game starts to load and then an "Error Code" comes up and need to press Restart. Screen stays black and nothing else happens. The Error message is not new, usually happens but game continues to load without problems. Now nothing happens after I press restart. If I press the "Back" function on my phone a dialog box appears asking if I want to Exit or Cancel. Anyone with this problem please help. If I uninstall and reinstall will my progress be saved and continue where I left off?
    maw49 wrote: »
    Game won't start after the update on 12/20. Game starts to load and then an "Error Code" comes up and need to press Restart. Screen stays black and nothing else happens. The Error message is not new, usually happens but game continues to load without problems. Now nothing happens after I press restart. If I press the "Back" function on my phone a dialog box appears asking if I want to Exit or Cancel. Anyone with this problem please help. If I uninstall and reinstall will my progress be saved and continue where I left off?

If you're using an Android device, you might want to check out the 2nd thread on the forum "stuck on collecting packs".
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • MousemanMouseman Registered Users 6 Posts
    Bug list I am experiencing. Playing on an I-Pad

1) After watching videos no reward is given. It has been stated that if you log off and log back on the rewards come through, I've tried it, and its not happening. I've watched 10 videos in a row, restarted, nothing. Watched 1 and restarted immediately, nothing. Doesn't matter. Some of the rewards seem to come through days later (power for PvP matches, first aid kits, etc seem to eventually come through, and a small fraction of the gold for watching videos, but nowhere near the 1 gold for 1 video that it is supposed to be).

2) Locking up on PvP. I find an opponent, attack, and about 10% of the time the spinning circle just keeps spinning, but the music changes to that of a match. Never finishes loading. Closing and restarting results in a lost match, and kill streak being reset.

3) Game Crashing after loading a match. This happens sometimes in PvP matches, but I've also had it happen in the campaign matches.

4) Battle Log under Social tab doesn't load reliably. Most of the time I click the social tab, and the Battle Log has the round spinning loading symbol, but never loads. Once or twice a day I can get it to load, but not reliably at all.
    Yes, I use an Android device. Thanks for the tip I'll check it out.
    If you're using an Android device, you might want to check out the 2nd thread on the forum "stuck on collecting packs".

Yes I use an Android device. Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Mouseman wrote: »
    Bug list I am experiencing. Playing on an I-Pad

You might want to add the detail as to whether you have critiqued your Wi-Fi connection while the bugs are happening. It's one of the first things the customer support will direct you to do.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Here's a new 1st time game glitch, for me.
    Had 29841 diamonds in my safe, had 3654 diamonds in my "to collect" fund, pressed the "to collect", and 3654 diamonds were SUBTRACTED from my safe; now I have 26187 diamonds in my safe with my to collect fund reset back to 0. Really GLU, really?

BTW: Before this, I experienced the glitch of when you're in a PVP match and all of the buttons become non-reactive, so you basically stay in the ducked position while the rockets cause damage until you die. I restarted the game and then this "to collect" error happened. I typically only write about new glitches on the forum, but I do report each time a glitch occurs to the "Customer Service" - "Contact Us" feature in the game.

I'm not even trying to get a reward in the tournament because of the whole issue of people not getting their reward weapons from the last tournament, roll over of AP scores fiasco. I'm playing just occasionally to see if there are still game glitches to report to offer feedback so the game can get fixed for everyone to play. Geez, at least let me collect my diamonds. Argh.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • 6352763527 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Here's a new 1st time game glitch, for me.
    Had 29841 diamonds in my safe, had 3654 diamonds in my "to collect" fund, pressed the "to collect", and 3654 diamonds were SUBTRACTED from my safe; now I have 26187 diamonds in my safe with my to collect fund reset back to 0. Really GLU, really?

That is really messed up, GLU certainly knows how to incite anger amongst their customers.
    63527 wrote: »
    That is really messed up, GLU certainly knows how to incite anger among their customers.

I admit that I'm still a bit frustrated, but I don't think GLU is purposely messing up the game to **** us off, and I realize that all we interact with, is the result of what the game does. The problems I'm having is that I want to put GLU through some sort of "12 step" program to recovery...See step 1. There are significant problems with the game. If the best solution is to momentarily take the game off line in order to fix the errors and not have to deal with the server traffic, post a notice, and do it. If you need more servers, post a notice, and get them. If you have a game plan, but need time to adjust to your new set up, at least communicate with us that you have a plan. Otherwise we are just left with the sentiment that you like to mess with us and don't care about your game players.
    iPhone 4, usually.