Feedback

Comments

• ShikobaShikoba Registered Users 34 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Glad to hear you didn't lose your 25AP reward for the update; that is an improvement.

GLU wants to reward the players that can keep a winning streak, but if you're not losing in the game and have already earned the 25AP per match, then you should be receiving 25AP per won PVP match until you lose.

40 is the top level and you are correct, if you continue to earn XP after you've reached level 40, the XP gets saved up in the game so when GLU releases a level 50, it is possible that you have already earned a level 50, and for whatever reason the game doesn't give you the 5 gold per level reward; Unless you don't earn XP until Level 50 comes out, then you should receive 5 gold when you reach level 41, 42, etc.

GLU: It would be really cool if you can fix this saved up XP glitch that discourages people from playing campaign sections in order to get their gold rewards, before you decide to change the maximum level again.

I understand that I must not lose to keep my 25AP every game, but why does it stop the streak when I close my app or when I play campaign? That's just not making any sense.

And why is 40 top level? I mean..how can people be at level 50 when 40 is top? I'm 40 for a long time now..I'd like to move on and do more campaign stuff.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Game freezing or shutting down. Every time I use my energy & then buy more energy it never fails that on the 4th or 5th energy used the game either shuts down or it freezes. Of course this makes me start over on AP points which really sucks trying to get to the goal of 2500 to get 50 free gold. I was spending some money on energy trying to get way up at first until I noticed which was obvious to most that there was no way to get one of the top prizes as the top players had way to many points in such a short amount of time. So my wifi is working perfect on any other game and my phone is fine nothing running in the background. I have filed reports Mr. or Ms Admin but know I will never be compensated for my loss of gold spent for nothing. Just venting as everyone else is I guess.
  • maw49maw49 Registered Users 7 Posts
    What is Error Code:205254?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Shikoba wrote: »
    I understand that I must not lose to keep my 25AP every game, but why does it stop the streak when I close my app or when I play campaign? That's just not making any sense.
    You are correct, it does not make sense. You should not lose your 25AP PVP win streak reward for closing the game. I'm not sure about whether you are supposed to lose the 25AP PVP streak if you lose a campaign, but I've never heard of that situation, so I don't really know.
    And why is 40 top level? I mean..how can people be at level 50 when 40 is top? I'm 40 for a long time now..I'd like to move on and do more campaign stuff.
    No idea as to why 40 is the max campaign level. I would usually say "GLU doesn't like to hand out free gold for game play, they want you to purchase it", but they do offer gold through playing the game in the weekly tournaments????

What do you mean "people be at level 50"? Where in the game are you seeing other players campaign levels?
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I started playing Deer Hunter when we were waiting for region 4 to come out. I'm ready to get back to the version of GLU when the games were working great, we came to the Forum to offer suggestions for new game content, discussed fun observations of all of the game graphics detail, and posted our favorite screen shots of game play. When I recommended GLU to everyone I knew, even if they didn't play video games just so they could appreciate the scenery of the game. Everyone was having fun, we couldn't write enough of how awesome GLU was, and GLU admins chimed in all the time like we were one big internet game family.

I realize CKSniper is a completely different game than Deer Hunter or Dino Hunter, obviously more complicated, with a lot more moving parts. Player competition, interaction, multiple leader boards, constant server to device sincing, etc... But can we get back to the reliable consistency of game play I used to enjoy?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • KoobieKoobie Registered Users 1 Posts
    there is a bug with Papantoniou mission. Papantoniou is invisible when he arrive. It's impossible to kill him.
  • HutchGSHutchGS Registered Users 24 Posts
    What Koobie said. It is impossible to assassinate Papantoniou in the Europe campaign because he is always invisible. He can shoot you but not vice versa so you can never win the mission. Rats!
  • seabs19seabs19 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Stuck on one of the repeating levels in east asia; kill wang. (in campaign). but after killing all the "henchmen", wang is stuck under ground firing his missiles into nothing, and i cant see him, just the red location indicator.
    seabs19 wrote: »
    Stuck on one of the repeating levels in east asia; kill wang. (in campaign). but after killing all the "henchmen", wang is stuck under ground firing his missiles into nothing, and i cant see him, just the red location indicator.

I've come up to the same issue in the past; my advice until GLU fixes the bug....Kill Wang as soon as he pops up.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    What do you mean "people be at level 50"? Where in the game are you seeing other players campaign levels?
    When I play other players in PVP, they have always their level in the name. Like "Juggernaut, LVL50". So I assumed this was the level the player is at..or what else should this mean?

Btw, another "mistake" in the game (but a kind of funny one^^) is: when I shoot the last person (with longshot) while he/she is running, it zooms in, but the person somewho moves either to the side or (when running on the upper floor) floating into the room. So in the end I just see the blood, but no one there xD
    1. Are there levels after 40? I have been stuck on Level 40, the bar is full, so clearly I'm done but it doesn't move forward. Been like this now for almost 2-2.5 weeks.

2. Are they coming out with more continents to the game? I've neutralized all given.

3. Are you experiencing freezing when you REVENGE? This has happened numerous of times, especially during the "events", then I have to restart my phone so the game will restart. I get back on and of course it says I lost the attack, even though I never was able to play it. So my points start back at 1. Totally unfair.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Definitely post this in the "feedback" thread.

Done and done.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Received another response from Customer Care this morning. I play this game with an Iphone4, 32MB flash drive, 18.3 GB available, version 7.1.2; no background apps running; connected to reliable Wi-Fi.

"Hello David,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to you. I cannot thank you enough for supporting our game through your bug reports and posts from the forums. I had an update from our programmers about the issues you posted. They haven't tested it completely but they have found that these issue generally appear on devices who do not have enough hardware specs to support all HD graphics. I will ask they once again if they can fix these issues in the next update itself once they return back from the holidays. I will keep this ticket open as you can write me anytime here, I might not able to respond you quickly."
    iPhone 4, usually.
    When I play other players in PVP, they have always their level in the name. Like "Juggernaut, LVL50". So I assumed this was the level the player is at..or what else should this mean?
    Interesting. What device to you play the game on? I play with an iPhone. When I play PVP, after I press "Find Target"; I get "Long Range or Short Range", "victory reward", opponent name, victory points the opponent has, and their defense power rating (EX: Long Range, 900 diamonds reward, Juggernaut, 500 Victory Points, 2060 Defense.)
    Btw, another "mistake" in the game (but a kind of funny one^^) is: when I shoot the last person (with longshot) while he/she is running, it zooms in, but the person somewho moves either to the side or (when running on the upper floor) floating into the room. So in the end I just see the blood, but no one there xD
    I know exactly what you're talking about and think it's kind of funny as well. Cheers to floating opponents and air blood splatter. :)
    iPhone 4, usually.
    This forum is weird. First I couldn't answer anything, now it blocked me again..!

Finally..what I wanted to write:

I play with an iPad. And yes, that's what I see too, but I mean during the game, when I'm shooting one..they are named. See here.
    I play with an iPad. And yes, that's what I see too, but I mean during the game, when I'm shooting one..they are named. See here.

Ahhhhh, sorry for the confusion, I play on a tiny iPhone4 screen, so I rarely notice the names of the individual soldiers I'm shooting. The soldier's level titles are determined by a difficulty calculation versus just a "defense" rating.

1000 defense + 1000 victory points is harder than 1000 defense + 500 victory points. Therefore the 1000 def + 1000 VP will be a "soldier LVL 31" and the 1000 def + 500 VP will be a "soldier LVL 26". I don't know the exact soldier LVL name calculation, but you get the idea.

We usually don't see the pattern because we are matched up in PVP first by Victory Points alone, and then you can eventually buy your way to an easier opponent.

Since some people build up there base first, some build their bases in a different order, some buy weapons first, some select their opponents carefully, and some use more gold than others...you will see a wide variety in weapons power versus defensive power and equal defensive ratings being unequal because of victory points.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Ahhhhh, sorry for the confusion, I play on a tiny iPhone4 screen, so I rarely notice the names of the individual soldiers I'm shooting. The soldier's level titles are determined by a difficulty calculation versus just a "defense" rating.

1000 defense + 1000 victory points is harder than 1000 defense + 500 victory points. Therefore the 1000 def + 1000 VP will be a "soldier LVL 31" and the 1000 def + 500 VP will be a "soldier LVL 26". I don't know the exact soldier LVL name calculation, but you get the idea.

We usually don't see the pattern because we are matched up in PVP by Victory Points alone.

Since some people build up there base first, some build their bases in a different order, some buy weapons first, some select their opponents carefully, and some use more gold than others...you will see a wide variety in weapons power versus defensive power and equal defensive ratings being unequal because of victory points.

Ok thanks, now I understand. I thought it was the level you're at. But, how do you explain one elite-sniper being level 40 and another soldier is at level 42? So on one base there are several levels. I thought it depends on what level you are when you update that specific part of your base. I'm confused xD

And another question..(and sorry, this is actually in the wrong thread, because it only should be feedback here :-/) ..when I first bought a weapon, there were only higher weapons to buy with gold. After I upgraded everything on my weapon, there appeared a new weapon I could buy with my play-money. But now, after reaching 1440, there are only gold-weapons. Can I only get stronger when buying, like, investing real money or waiting for years to get all that gold? That really sucks..
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Ok thanks, now I understand. I thought it was the level you're at. But, how do you explain one elite-sniper being level 40 and another soldier is at level 42? So on one base there are several levels. I thought it depends on what level you are when you update that specific part of your base. I'm confused xD

And another question..(and sorry, this is actually in the wrong thread, because it only should be feedback here :-/) ..when I first bought a weapon, there were only higher weapons to buy with gold. After I upgraded everything on my weapon, there appeared a new weapon I could buy with my play-money. But now, after reaching 1440, there are only gold-weapons. Can I only get stronger when buying, like, investing real money or waiting for years to get all that gold? That really sucks..

Your journey ends here. You can either watch videos and accumulate gold to buy a better weapon or participate in the tournament each week and get one of the prize guns in last place. It's possible to rank 16-50 and still get a good weapon. I've done it before.
    First to clarify, I don't work for GLU, these difficulty formulas I'm talking about are just observations from playing. As for your question, it could be as complicated as you say, but I tend to think GLU likes to keep the algorithm as simple as possible. I think the different soldier levels of the same category of soldier is probably a predetermined collection of different types of soldiers based on Defense+VP. I really don't know though.
    Angeles is correct about gold currency being the king of this game; there will be a point when you won't have anything to spend diamonds or cash on. I'm hoping that GLU offers a weapon, or series of weapons, for say a million cash each; just to see if they can include all three currencies as active parts of progressing through the game. Eventually they did that in Deer Hunter, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and about 1.6 million cash in the bank.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Your journey ends here. You can either watch videos and accumulate gold to buy a better weapon or participate in the tournament each week and get one of the prize guns in last place. It's possible to rank 16-50 and still get a good weapon. I've done it before.

My highest score was somewhere around place 250, I just couldn't get down to 50..I don't want to spend money on this game, it's not that important to me, but it's still annoying that once you reached 1440, you can't move on without real money. And just with watching one video a day (= one gold) I'm never going to be able to buy a weapon..

By the way, it doesn't search your opponent acording to your victory points, because I just got an opponent with 200 victory point, and I've got more than 1800.
    The fact is that people will only continue to play a game with bugs for a limited time and although bugs do create an additional challenge; we do get tired of unintentional variety and start focusing on the unreliable game product. Depending on how much real money we've given, sometimes 'thief' enters our perception of what is really going on.

Bugs aside, competitive players keep this game alive, when game skills are not enough they use gold, and players stop playing when they have exhausted the possibilities of the game to get ahead. Offering high powered weapons makes the game easier, less competitive, and increases the demand for more difficult game content. Additional currencies are only effective when there is something to purchase.

If you continue this formula your games will become temporarily ‘finished’, players will wait for additional content, or forget to come back to the game.

So the question is how you allow players to continue to be competitive without putting a cap on what they can do or letting them get too far ahead of everyone else.

Suggestions:

AP Leader boards: Deduct 1 AP from a player when their base is successfully stolen from and add 1 AP to a player when someone unsuccessfully attacks their base.

Base strength: Come up with a fair formula to decrease a person’s base strength when their base has been compromised a certain amount of times.

Stealing: Add an additional game challenge for the attacker to determine the amount of diamonds they get, based on how many diamonds are available, after they have successfully defeated their opponent’s defenses.

PVP matching: VARIETY of matching players with AP scores and defensive strength, while implementing a cap to which players have the possibility of being competitive to each other.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • tngrandfathertngrandfather Registered Users 21 Posts
    Just a quick update ... the last two PVP competitions have had fewer network errors, so congratulations. However, they still happen in PVPs. Both continuous recycle when I have selected an opponent (spinning wheel gots to go round!), and during the battle. I have had four forfeitures in the last two days, resetting my award count back to 3 despite not having a chance to fight the match. Please keep working to improve game consistency.
  • FirstFoxFirstFox Registered Users 13 Posts
    I have gotten that twice yesterday, but I've come for another matter. Since this morning, after every PvP match I get a network error code (203176) right after the vault cut-scene, meaning that every match (so far only wins) results in no rewards of any kind, not even precious AP points because the error seems to hinder the completion of the match, my network appears completely fine, and I've even reset it with no sucess, I just hope my AP score didn't go back to 3
    FirstFox wrote: »
    I have gotten that twice yesterday, but I've come for another matter. Since this morning, after every PvP match I get a network error code (203176) right after the vault cut-scene, meaning that every match (so far only wins) results in no rewards of any kind, not even precious AP points because the error seems to hinder the completion of the match, my network appears completely fine, and I've even reset it with no sucess, I just hope my AP score didn't go back to 3

That's what I get for offering congratulations! Now I can't play a game without getting the same "resynchronization required" network error 203176. Me, too, in that restarting my iPad doesn't solve the problem. Glu, please help!
  • FirstFoxFirstFox Registered Users 13 Posts
    Good news, the error appears temporary, and even better, the AP score doesn't reset. I hope this works out for you too! Good luck!

Actually... It would be nice if you could confirm this, but I think I've been rewarded with the lost AP points after the network error was fixed.
    FirstFox wrote: »
    Good news, the error appears temporary, and even better, the AP score doesn't reset. I hope this works out for you too! Good luck!

Actually... It would be nice if you could confirm this, but I think I've been rewarded with the lost AP points after the network error was fixed.

I had the same network error resincing issue x3 in the last 30 minutes which apparently did not register the false 'attack lost' and loss of AP points. - So YES, confirmed, it looks like the sincing issue was temporary. Up until a few minutes ago my 'battle log' was also unavailable do to a network error and my 25AP streak was lost 43 minutes ago with a false 'attack lost' for the regular PVP bug.

Update: I've pretty much given up playing PVP today. As an example of why; in the last two hours I've played 5 matches; 2 frozen loading screens resulting in a false attack lost; 2 times I've opened the safe to get a 'network error' with a game restart; 1 successful match total; oh and my personal favorite; 1 additional 'attack lost' registered 3 minutes ago, when I haven't been logged on for the last hour.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • DelbarDelbar Registered Users 56 Posts
    today is the fifth time that I am trying to get 25 AP but the game hangs, starting again from 3!
  • Chairman323Chairman323 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Delbar wrote: »
    today is the fifth time that I am trying to get 25 AP but the game hangs, starting again from 3!

Frustrating, isn't it?
    Glu guys, for the last hour and a half my battle log won't load. So? When the battle log doesn't load, I get the "resynchronize" network error and lose diamonds if not AP points. Playing on iPad 4 three feet from the wi-fi router. Restarted two dozen times. When are you guys going to fix this s*%t?
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Glu guys, for the last hour and a half my battle log won't load. So? When the battle log doesn't load, I get the "resynchronize" network error and lose diamonds if not AP points. Playing on iPad 4 three feet from the wi-fi router. Restarted two dozen times. When are you guys going to fix this s*%t?

What's really strange is that lag gets worse on Saturdays, maybe it's because there are a lot of people playing?
    What's really strange is that lag gets worse on Saturdays, maybe it's because there are a lot of people playing?

That sounds about right. Meanwhile, I'll be catching myself up in Deer Hunter and Dino Hunter because of the new game content and less glitches. GLU hint hint.
    iPhone 4, usually.