PVP loses due to game freezing.

Tazmania202Tazmania202 Registered Users 22 Posts
Don't f**king believe it I'm at a vital point in diamond collecting, only needing 2000 for next upgrade, I've got 3 energy bars cool, then what happens the f**king usual!, game freezes on second bar and I loose 600 diamonds and the battle because the stupid piece of s**t game froze yet again, BUT to top it off and rub salt into the wound, the third enegy bar froze as well and I lost 1500 diamonds and the battle again without even playing.
I think it about time Glu got there act together and got this bug sorted out, as well as all the rest of the problems there are in this game, I'm really having a problem convincing myself not to just delete this piece of cr*p off my iPad, at this moment in time I'm getting the feeling I'm just wasting hard drive space with it, I feel really sorry for the people that have spent money on the game, I would have but know way will I waste my hard earned money on this piece of cr*p now, no s**t I'd sooner start playing candy crush, not!.

Comments

• Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one experiencing this problem today. I didn't have these problems days ago up until today.
  • FTWJDFTWJD Registered Users 2 Posts
    Trust me, for those of us who have spent money to play this game these so called glitches do **** us off. I'm at the pint I'm so ****ed im thinking of filing a class action lawsuit against Glu over this. Truely starting to think the glitches are intentionally put into the game to rob you of your $$$.
  • Tazmania202Tazmania202 Registered Users 22 Posts
    I've been saying that for a while now, why do you think I'm not spending money on this piece of c**p game, I would have but all it is is a money spinner for Glu, the longer all the bugs stay in the game the more money they make, prove me wrong.
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    Five times in one hour this morning, in PvP thats means you loose loose loose.
  • JeansjerbearJeansjerbear Registered Users 3 Posts
    If you do file a law suit count me in. Game has frozen on me. I bank my diamonds then while I'm offline computer defends me in PvP mode losses big chunks so that I cant up grade. They also have lost diamonds. Went from 13000 down to 8000 without any action at all,no PvP on log. Talk about a glitch. I like the idea of this game anyone know of one that's simular but without the glitches ? Let me know I'll go spent my money there.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    FTWJD wrote: »
    Trust me, for those of us who have spent money to play this game these so called glitches do **** us off. I'm at the pint I'm so ****ed im thinking of filing a class action lawsuit against Glu over this. Truely starting to think the glitches are intentionally put into the game to rob you of your $$$.

Once again, bugs are not intentional. Everyone wants players to have a positive experience. If you have issues with the game, definitely contact customer care for assistance. https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/contract-killer-sniper/
  • iamheiamhe Registered Users 13 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Once again, bugs are not intentional. Everyone wants players to have a positive experience. If you have issues with the game, definitely contact customer care for assistance. https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/contract-killer-sniper/

I believe that the bugs are not intentional. However, here's something I'd like to know: why are there only bugs that hurt players, and benefit Glu? Why don't we also see bugs that help players? Why are the bugs skewed?

You should never see bug skew in a software system. After all, bugs have no affiliation, or loyalty; they don't understand context, such as if they're hurting one party, and benefiting another. They're simply going to do their thing, and cause unintended consequences, until someone finds them, and eliminates them.

But what if you're selective about which bugs you eliminate? Well, then you start to see skew; you start to see an agenda.

Let's be honest, that is what's going on here, isn't it? From Glu's perspective, "who cares if the player loses diamonds because his/her PvP match hung on start up? It makes PvP more challenging, thus making them more likely to purchase gold to spend on consumables." Right? That bug is an asset to Glu. Why on Earth should they ask a developer to eliminate an asset ... and worse, PAY them to do so?

Now, there must have been bugs that benefited players too, right? I'm sure such bugs existed, but were eliminated long ago - probably before the game even hit the market, in most cases. I recall hearing of one such bug: you could quickly regenerate your PvP energy by exiting the game, advancing the date on your device by one day, and restarting. That bug certainly doesn't exist now; I'm sure it was fixed as soon as Glu became aware of it.

I'm willing to bet the game is virtually unhackable. It encrypts its traffic, and leaks hardly any implementation details through logs. The game is tight.

So, why would an otherwise solid game continue to have the bugs that it does, across multiple releases, especially when at least some would be easily worked around? For example, instead of debiting player diamonds and energy for a PvP match that hangs and never starts, how hard would it be to time out the attempt, and debit energy and diamonds ONLY upon successfully establishing the match? I can't imagine this would be a difficult change. But it will never happen, will it?

Beyond this (admittedly circumstantial) evidence, there are other details that suggest that Glu is the kind of company that would ignore such bugs.

Glu is the first and only company I have ever seen to receive an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/glu-mobile-in-san-francisco-ca-325668 The page contains many of the same complaints that appear in these forums, e.g. "they took my money; they didn't deliver; they subsequently ignored, and continue to ignore my queries."

Oh, and here's a quote from the Wikipedia entry for Glu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glu_Mobile

"Glu Mobile bought Gamespy Technologies (the entity responsible for
    GameSpy multiplayer services) from IGN Entertainment in August
    2012, and proceeded in December to raise integration costs and
    shut down servers for many older games, including Star Wars:
    Battlefront, Sniper Elite, Microsoft Flight Simulator X and
    Neverwinter Nights, with no warning to developers or consumers, much
    to the outrage of communities of those games."

So, when you take into consideration Glu's pattern of apathy toward customers, the persistence of asset-oriented bugs, and the absence of liability-oriented bugs ... yeah, I'd lay odds that Glu consciously ignores any bug that provides benefit to them.

gluadmin, none of this is intended as an attack against you. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy. It's just that you work for an awful company.
  • MozzenusMozzenus Registered Users 50 Posts
    I could not have said it any better. And by not fixing these bugs, GLU is looseing paying customers fast I bet. I had cash ready to spend on this PVP tournament, but GLU's decision to roll over points from previous week and inability to fix bugs kept and will keep me from spending money. And 20 minutes instead of 10 for energy makes me spend less time on game. Thus less likely to spend money. GLU is simply making poor buissness choices. Too bad because it is a great game with huge earning potential.
  • 6352763527 Registered Users 64 Posts
    iamhe wrote: »
    I believe that the bugs are not intentional. However, here's something I'd like to know: why are there only bugs that hurt players, and benefit Glu? Why don't we also see bugs that help players? Why are the bugs skewed?

You should never see bug skew in a software system. After all, bugs have no affiliation, or loyalty; they don't understand context, such as if they're hurting one party, and benefiting another. They're simply going to do their thing, and cause unintended consequences, until someone finds them, and eliminates them.

But what if you're selective about which bugs you eliminate? Well, then you start to see skew; you start to see an agenda.

Let's be honest, that is what's going on here, isn't it? From Glu's perspective, "who cares if the player loses diamonds because his/her PvP match hung on start up? It makes PvP more challenging, thus making them more likely to purchase gold to spend on consumables." Right? That bug is an asset to Glu. Why on Earth should they ask a developer to eliminate an asset ... and worse, PAY them to do so?

Now, there must have been bugs that benefited players too, right? I'm sure such bugs existed, but were eliminated long ago - probably before the game even hit the market, in most cases. I recall hearing of one such bug: you could quickly regenerate your PvP energy by exiting the game, advancing the date on your device by one day, and restarting. That bug certainly doesn't exist now; I'm sure it was fixed as soon as Glu became aware of it.

I'm willing to bet the game is virtually unhackable. It encrypts its traffic, and leaks hardly any implementation details through logs. The game is tight.

So, why would an otherwise solid game continue to have the bugs that it does, across multiple releases, especially when at least some would be easily worked around? For example, instead of debiting player diamonds and energy for a PvP match that hangs and never starts, how hard would it be to time out the attempt, and debit energy and diamonds ONLY upon successfully establishing the match? I can't imagine this would be a difficult change. But it will never happen, will it?

Beyond this (admittedly circumstantial) evidence, there are other details that suggest that Glu is the kind of company that would ignore such bugs.

Glu is the first and only company I have ever seen to receive an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/glu-mobile-in-san-francisco-ca-325668 The page contains many of the same complaints that appear in these forums, e.g. "they took my money; they didn't deliver; they subsequently ignored, and continue to ignore my queries."

Oh, and here's a quote from the Wikipedia entry for Glu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glu_Mobile

"Glu Mobile bought Gamespy Technologies (the entity responsible for
    GameSpy multiplayer services) from IGN Entertainment in August
    2012, and proceeded in December to raise integration costs and
    shut down servers for many older games, including Star Wars:
    Battlefront, Sniper Elite, Microsoft Flight Simulator X and
    Neverwinter Nights, with no warning to developers or consumers, much
    to the outrage of communities of those games."

So, when you take into consideration Glu's pattern of apathy toward customers, the persistence of asset-oriented bugs, and the absence of liability-oriented bugs ... yeah, I'd lay odds that Glu consciously ignores any bug that provides benefit to them.

gluadmin, none of this is intended as an attack against you. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy. It's just that you work for an awful company.

Well said indeed. There is a bug that has existed since the beginning of the game and it prevents certain players from receiving their in-game weapons after a competition. I was ranked 20th place in the tournament and didn't receive my weapon. I posted screen shots of my rank along with the top 30 and my inventory which was missing the prize gun. I have EVIDENCE of the transgression against me and guess what the game decides to do? Instead of rewarding me my weapon, they roll over my points from the previous week and force me to participate in another 4 day tournament for inferior weapons. Just as you said earlier, they have no intention of fixing these problems because it generates the company money. Imagine how much money the game makes from selling energy to those players who wanted to get those in-game items?

Here's a link to my post with the screenshots if you want to verify,

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?122246-Missing-weapons-from-the-tournament-from-12-18-through-12-22
  • MozzenusMozzenus Registered Users 50 Posts
    Unfortunately your post is gone GLU must not want the truth to be seen. I'm sorry you got screwed. I know how much time is put into this game to rank so well.
  • 6352763527 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Mozzenus wrote: »
    Unfortunately your post is gone GLU must not want the truth to be seen. I'm sorry you got screwed. I know how much time is put into this game to rank so well.

The link works, click on it.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

I have tediously documented and written to customer care each and every time the game isn't working like it's supposed to for at least the last two weeks; and I know from the Forum people have been writing to customer care for much longer. I seem to be one of the only people that have received a response from them that wasn't a generic form letter with the same general advice you can find in the Forum FAQ. I learn much more about the game from the Forum and the players who post threads. As I said in an earlier thread, I try not to bombard the Forum with redundant reports of game errors, with the intention of making the Forum a more effective customer service feedback utility. It seems to make more sense that Forum admins, like yourself, and customer care would be working closely together. However, there is a lot of finger pointing going on and no real communication between GLU and it's customers. Unfortunately, I've seen the gap in communication between GLU and customers widen over the last 12 months; starting with Deer Hunter 15 months ago, which I found the Forum to be very useful and responsive for the first 3 months.

I understand the challenges of a growing business and the added demand of NASDAQ investors, but I suggest that you get back to the customer service response and game quality that made you successful enough to become a public traded entity. I like playing your games that the game designers intended for people to enjoy and I want GLU to continue to be successful, but we're going to need both to happen in order to reach true success, together.

PS: As I wrote this I have unsuccessfully been able to log into the game at all; working on my 6th restart.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I have tediously documented and written to customer care each and every time the game isn't working like it's supposed to for at least the last two weeks; and I know from the Forum people have been writing to customer care for much longer. I seem to be one of the only people that have received a response from them that wasn't a generic form letter with the same general advice you can find in the Forum FAQ. I learn much more about the game from the Forum and the players who post threads. As I said in an earlier thread, I try not to bombard the Forum with redundant reports of game errors, with the intention of making the Forum a more effective customer service feedback utility. It seems to make more sense that Forum admins, like yourself, and customer care would be working closely together. However, there is a lot of finger pointing going on and no real communication between GLU and it's customers. Unfortunately, I've seen the gap in communication between GLU and customers widen over the last 12 months; starting with Deer Hunter 15 months ago, which I found the Forum to be very useful and responsive for the first 3 months.

I understand the challenges of a growing business and the added demand of NASDAQ investors, but I would suggest that you get back to the customer service response and game quality that made you successful enough to become a public traded entity. I like playing your games that the game designers intended for people to enjoy and I want GLU to continue to be successful, but we're going to need both to happen in order to reach true success, together.

PS: As I wrote this I have unsuccessfully been able to log into the game at all; working on my 6th restart.

I'm sorry to hear that, your inbox is still full. Lol.
    I'm sorry to hear that, your inbox is still full. Lol.

"Inbox contains 0 messages. You have 10 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed."

It's been that way since at least the 25th. Who knows, just cleared everything.

"Inbox contains 0 messages. You have 0 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed. (Empty Folder)"
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • mouloudlabomouloudlabo Registered Users 31 Posts
    we can't play withe this problem on pvp because frezing
    "Inbox contains 0 messages. You have 10 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed."

It's been that way since at least the 25th. Who knows, just cleared everything.

"Inbox contains 0 messages. You have 0 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed. (Empty Folder)"

Add it to the endless laundry list of Glu issues. :D

I was poking around in some of the other Glu forums yesterday. In the "Kardashian" forum, you find exactly the same ****. "I paid for this-or-that ... I didn't receive my this-or-that ... No one responds to my queries."

It's just unbelievable. This company just doesn't give a rat's ***. Usually, a problem like this would take care of itself: poor service = poor ratings, customer loss, reduced sales, less revenue = gee, what can we do to improve our reputation? In this case though, I see no way to incent them to change their behavior.

Sure, you can speak with your wallet and boycott their games (I no longer play CK:S, and will never play another Glu game). But despite the games' poor quality, they're highly rated (at least, they are on Google play store). So, somebody who likes FPS games goes to Play Store or iTunes, sees a multi-player FPS game with a 4.2 rating, and 100K+ downloads ... and it's free ... who's *not* going to download it? Then, by the time they realize what a PoS the game is, and what a j e r k the company is, they've already bought IAPs, and have a lot of time invested in advancing their PvP status.

The usual reputation punish/reward paradigm just won't work for these guys ... and they know it! For Chrissake, they let us trash them right here, on a forum that they host! Isn't that just the ultimate nose thumbing ... :-/

Anyway, I don't play anymore. My base accumulates 820 diamonds per hour, and the pilferable cache size is 4100 diamonds ... so have at 'em! :D

Good luck, guys.

I understand the challenges of a growing business and the added demand of NASDAQ investors, but I suggest that you get back to the customer service response and game quality that made you successful enough to become a public traded entity. I like playing your games that the game designers intended for people to enjoy and I want GLU to continue to be successful, but we're going to need both to happen in order to reach true success, together.

Well said. Thanks for posting that, David.
    iamhe wrote: »
    Anyway, I don't play anymore. My base accumulates 820 diamonds per hour, and the pilferable cache size is 4100 diamonds ... so have at 'em! :D

Good luck, guys.
    I have a funny feeling that we won't have access to your diamonds in PVP for very long. One of the reasons I have a hunch that we won't is because of the "cannot find opponent" phenomenon. 2+ million players are not logged on to this game at the same time, and like you said, it might be an unintentional glitch, but seems to be more of a predetermined system. Meaning that if you don't log on and play the game,for a certain time period, your player might become ineligible in PVP matching. Just a theory and if that IS the case, I see how GLU would find that logical, but it would be nice to know if that is the real answer to the mystery 'no opponent found' message.

Speaking of unintentional vrs. predetermined system: Why do we have such a short time to write in the Forum, and player messaging, before it automatically logs you out? Trying to keep chat 'short and sweet'? Worried that people will forget to log off or close the screen? Copy and Paste has become one of the most useful functions of my computer while posting.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    If you want a better experience, try Kill Shot, or Sniper Assassin. They are a lot more fun, and they're not GLU games.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • ChgS3ChgS3 Registered Users 17 Posts
    And the tournament just finished, and surprise surprise, I didn't get my reward. I am willing to bet that I will get no reply from glu (willing to be pleasantly surprised but I highly doubt it).