How are people hiding their diamonds?

DicemanDiceman Registered Users 4 Posts
before the last update when they added a new base level and the global assault level, whenever i would take on someone on the pvp, it was normal for the average fight versus a decent opponent (one with over 2000 base level) to usually net you like 1500-2500 diamonds. Now since the update, it seems like every time someone fights and defeats me (I'm around the mid 3000's base level) they are taking 2500-3000 diamonds, yet when i go for the rematch with these same people, may of them at a higher base level than me, the match is only offering up 500-700 diamonds? I mean, i understand that if they just used their diamonds to level up, then of course you can't get many diamonds back, but it literally every single match isnt offering much at all in diamonds. I get if you are fighting some new guy with a low base level that you cant expect much, but when its someone with a base level 6 and rating in the 3,4,5 thousand, how the hell are they hiding their diamonds so the matchup is only for a paltry sum of a few hundred diamonds? I mean from time to time i can see a fight with a high level opponent netting you a small sum, but its almost every match up now that the opponent is only going to get you a few hundred diamonds instead of the 2-3 thousand that it used to be. Is it just me noticing this or anyone else?

Comments

• DicemanDiceman Registered Users 4 Posts
    Aaaaaand like clockwork, for the 12 minutes that i was off the game, i had two people attack and successfully take 6400 diamonds between the two of them (had about 27,000 in the vault....and I'm sure if i go to rematch them, they'll somehow only offer back probably 700 diamonds each on the rematch...
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    It makes me so happy to see people complain on the forums about getting their diamonds stolen. Pro tip, if you are close to an upgrade, leave your phone on! If not, be prepared to lose everything or upgrade via gold.
  • DicemanDiceman Registered Users 4 Posts
    Oh i know that trick and i got no problem with people taking my diamonds if they beat me. However the point i was trying to make is that how is it that the VAST majority of players, high rated players with big vaults, fight me and take 2500ish diamonds at a pop, then when i rematch them they are only offering like 500-700 diamonds? I mean, probability says that they all couldn't have just upgraded their weapon or base. i mean, it shouldn't be once in a blue moon that i get a chance to fight someone with more than 1,500 diamonds, but thats what is happening ever since the update
  • JsnfreeJsnfree Registered Users 28 Posts
    Pro tip, if you are close to an upgrade, leave your phone on! If not, be prepared to lose everything or upgrade via gold. """""I never once said that I was a professional gamer"""

Point proven.. HAHA
  • bouchedag™bouchedag™ Registered Users 46 Posts
    It makes me so happy to see people complain on the forums about getting their diamonds stolen. Pro tip, if you are close to an upgrade, leave your phone on! If not, be prepared to lose everything or upgrade via gold.

Lol you crack me up. I guess to answer the original question, unless I buy a new weapon I don't care about diamonds (I leave my status "hit me back I don't need diamonds"), however, when I am using my diamonds: I don't collect my diamonds. Then I time my hits so I can collect when I have all 7,400... I also make sure that I have fully charged energy when I do hit. Then I just refill (I keep a minimum of 10 full energy refills on hand prepurchased) until I have my required diamonds... To make this endeavor cheaper, I monitor the amount of diamonds each person has on my revenge list. If you have more than 2500... I'm probably going to split you open. I do prefer those who sit there with 6k+ though. Lol.
    Regardless, if you have some smug message I hit you. If people have a friendly message, generally I leave them alone. There's one dude I've been tracking for a while, he's on my list 6 times, always something stupid. When he upgrades and has a high diamond count I will just back to back him a bunch.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Diceman wrote: »
    Oh i know that trick and i got no problem with people taking my diamonds if they beat me. However the point i was trying to make is that how is it that the VAST majority of players, high rated players with big vaults, fight me and take 2500ish diamonds at a pop, then when i rematch them they are only offering like 500-700 diamonds? I mean, probability says that they all couldn't have just upgraded their weapon or base. i mean, it shouldn't be once in a blue moon that i get a chance to fight someone with more than 1,500 diamonds, but thats what is happening ever since the update
    I think we all understand what your questions elude to: "Is this chance, or are diamonds being taken out of circulation through game design?" Does that about say it?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • LoosemanLooseman Registered Users 86 Posts
    Just a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing since the new update came out they are trying to upgrade their stuff too. so they spent their diamonds. Which means you cant steal them. Just a thought
    Ya ought ta know better than to mess with another mans hat
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Diceman wrote: »
    Aaaaaand like clockwork, for the 12 minutes that i was off the game, i had two people attack and successfully take 6400 diamonds between the two of them (had about 27,000 in the vault....and I'm sure if i go to rematch them, they'll somehow only offer back probably 700 diamonds each on the rematch...

On 12/31, David T posted about an experiment that he had performed. He maxed out his Vault and his Base Supply, logged off for 8 hours, and then posted info about his diamond losses. I did a similar but slightly different experiment over the MLK weekend, but I zeroed out my Vault so all losses were coming from my Base Supply only.

During my experiment, each loss was exactly 30% of what was in my Base. Using that information, I went back to David T's numbers and tried to figure out a % for Vault losses. David T did not report time differences in his attacks/losses, so I just used a 1 hour separation in attacks (remember that your base keeps "mining" diamonds as long as your Base Supply is not full). I came up with a number around 12.7%. This number is not exact since I had to make an assumption regarding attack times. I suspect that the number is either 12.5%, 12.75%, or 13%.

Based on a Vault with 27,000 diamonds and 0 in the Base Supply, a 12.5% figure will result in a loss of 3375 diamonds.

With the different percentages, this leads to some credence to the game tip to gather your Base diamonds into your Vault to protect them. This doesn't completely protect them but your losses will be significantly less when they are in your Vault.

And to chime in with others, the only way to truly protect your diamonds is to stay logged in.
    @GVilleJacket: Thank you for the break down. Obviously I haven't followed up with my experiment/observation data, but based on memory, I would say your assessment is correct. Higher percentage taken from 'to collect' fund versus safe, but when diamonds are in both places, diamonds are taken from both places; at different percentages.

Again, thanks for following up. Currently I'm 'on break' with my 15 hour 116000/106000 error code game lock out.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    @David T: After the current PVP Event ends, I plan to do another experiment. I will collect exactly 10,000 diamonds in my Vault, and let my Base max out. I will then log out for about 45 minutes. When I log back in, attacks will be listed as "xMIN AGO", so I should be able to verify the percentages for diamond losses.

I started reading the forum several weeks ago hoping to gain information and strategies for the game since there didn't seem to be a good help file, FAQ, or user manual. I was disappointed to find that most posts on the forum were people complaining about one thing or another. You and few others offered a voice of reason and I give you kudos for that.
    @GVille: What I've found is that GLU doesn't make things too complicated. In the case of the "xMIN AGO", I think they have enough time clocks in the algorithm and that the amount of diamonds is simply based on a percentage of diamonds, as you explained. But don't let my opinion of probability get in the way of the possibility of new information. Have fun with your experiment and thank you for the compliment. Enjoy.

BTW: "What I've found" is more of what I didn't find, aka a lack of response or admin hint as to whether my questions of how variations in defenses were determined. I thought that maybe defenses included our individual fighting styles/response times/movements/attacking weapons, in addition to the obvious four base defense categories/ratings. The only doubt that I still have a little of is whether our attacking weapons have any thing to do with our defenses; similar to upgrading your base's 'player health' to increase your agent's 'player health' (as they hint to) with the 'some base upgrades help your agent' - which could still just be referring to your defensive agent as part of the base's 'player health' power rating.
    iPhone 4, usually.