Tesla Tips

ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
Hey everyone. I was finally able to save up enough gold for a Tesla rifle. The only problem now is I think I'm using it wrong. I've tried a few different ways of using it but don't feel like I'm maximizing its potential. I'm trying to let it charge up but in the mean time I'm just getting pounded. I can't stand there for 2 seconds getting shot up. Can anyone out there give me some tips on how to use it? Do you use your sniper rifle at all? Is there a way to get it to spool up behind cover?
Thanks!

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I was finally able to save up enough gold for a Tesla rifle. The only problem now is I think I'm using it wrong. I've tried a few different ways of using it but don't feel like I'm maximizing its potential. I'm trying to let it charge up but in the mean time I'm just getting pounded. I can't stand there for 2 seconds getting shot up. Can anyone out there give me some tips on how to use it? Do you use your sniper rifle at all? Is there a way to get it to spool up behind cover?
    Thanks!

The key part is being able to shoot soldiers behind objects, that is the #1 advantage it has over all other weapons, except rockets. They do take some additional skill to learn how long to charge it for based on the opponent's defensive strength.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thanks!

You have to first tell us the name of your tesla rifle?
  • Grunto PulouskiGrunto Pulouski Registered Users 21 Posts
    Right at the start of a PVP fight or Campaign Mission, I look for an opportunity to double (or even multi-kill), using the scope when I fire and letting the Tesla charge up. Then I go for the Rocket Turret (if one's there), and try to give it as much of a full blast as I can, before I have to move so I don't eat a rocket. Once that Turret is dead, I try to pop up and head shot a few of the weaker troops in the dead times when the Gun Turret isn't firing. It's easy to do this if you 'pre-aim' a head shot with the little circle, then come up and fire several shots before dropping back down. If you reduce the troop count before you try and charge up for the big shot on the big gun(s), life gets easier... and lasts much longer!!! LOL!!! You can use this same technique to time your attacks between waves of enemy fire...

'David T.' is spot on... use your Tesla to shoot through cover. [I've even made kills on players in PVP, when they were running down the stairs in their base!] However, don't hesitate to fire in the general area of the heads of your foes even when their behind cover - you'll cut them down even faster that way! (It also takes less of a charge to kill w/ a headshot vs shot(s) to the body.)

IMHO, the most advantageous Tesla upgrades are the ones that increase the rate of charge speed, and the total charges. (Raise those high enough, and you can take down a missile turret before it even fires!!!😃)
    Since you asked, the only time I use my sniper rifle is when a campaign mission requires a headshot - just to make sure I get it. In PVP, when firing at players, the Tesla rifle is vastly superior due to its ability to charge up then shoot through their cover. On the other hand, using your sniper rifle potentially exposes you to incoming fire when you try to attack your foe.

In a nutshell, if I'm engaged in a Long-Range fight/mission, it's a safe bet that I'm using a Tesla rifle. I hope all that helped!!!
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    I use a similar strategy to Grunto. When the arena opens up I make a mental note of where the two turrets are located, and scan to see if there are any missile soldiers. I decide on my initial shot looking for a double or triple but emphasizing missile soldiers over a multiple. Scope up, full charge, take out soldiers. Immediately start to recharge while I am re-aiming for the missile turret and hit it with a max charge. Again start recharge, re-aim at gun turret, and hit with max charge. Start recharge and look for Juggernaut and hit them with a max charge. At that point I take cover and assess the situation.

I spent $20 for gold to pick up the Zeus Elite when it was on sale at half price last week (android). It was pretty powerful right off the bat but I concentrated on upgrading it last week over upgrading my base defense since I am able to stay logged in most of the time. This was my first Tesla, so I too struggled initially with it. Luckily, its power normally bailed me out.

Edit add: I don't use my sniper at all anymore. But I did just upgrade it to get it maxed out since I think it may come into play in my Base Defense (just a hunch).
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I concur, except that I still use my sniper and assault rifles for level 3500 and below bases because I think it's too easy to go with the higher level guns. For 3500+, I usually switch to the Zeus Elite or Pale Horse (AKA "Firehose of Death"). Occasionally I'll try a taking on a level 6 base with my Rapier Elite or Demon Elite, but I rarely win that contest.

I did that a couple times during the last contest. I already had a better Tesla rifle than the 16-50 prize, and couldn't compete for the Blizzard or Avalanche without buying a lot more gold, so the 51-100 prize was what I wanted. However, breaking the streak allowed me to continue working on my social leaderboard standing without getting out of my contest target range.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Thanks for the awesome tips guys. I just did my first multi kill a couple days ago (Funny you mentioned that, I didn't realize that was possible) I'm getting used to the timing a little more. I think my issue has been with the fire button. I pop up with the left button to aim & press on the charge button on the right but it doesn't charge so I have to press it again. By that time the target leaves cover & starts shooting again. Happens about half the time. I guess I need to be more deliberate with it?? Anyways I was able to score a Zeus & I'm having fun zapping people with it. I'll practice your suggestions & hopefully maximize its potential soon. Thanks again!
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    I think my issue has been with the fire button. I pop up with the left button to aim & press on the charge button on the right but it doesn't charge so I have to press it again.I guess I need to be more deliberate with it??

That was my biggest challenge as well. Used to do it all the time, and still do occasionally especially when I know I am in a tough match (worst time). Deliberate is the right word. Hit the scope, wait a moment for it to open, then hit the charge button.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I use the bottom left scope button to "pop up", then immediately press the fire button with my right thumb, while fine-tuning my aim with the left. By the time I'm lined up, it's usually charged up enough for a kill, so I release the fire button and immediately duck back down with my right thumb.

For me, it's a lot like the assault rifle -- it seems that occasionally the assault rifle comes up with the sight and other times just the crosshairs (and fires) when I push the fire button. I like sights better, so with the assault rifle and Tesla, I almost always use the left button to initiate an attack. The only time that I just use the fire button for my assault rifle is when I have multiple point-blank targets, where the sight reduces my ability to acquire the next target as quickly.