PVP Event Cheaters?

2Next

Comments

• ImaftauImaftau Registered Users 14 Posts
    Lol! So I started last night ranked 17th. I played the game for hours I have a win streak of 515 I used 1500+ in gold in those few hours just to watch ppl pass right by me moving up in position as I stayed in 17th lol! I have the highest power weapons now it only takes me about 20-35seconds to win a match I believe 100% something is not legit within the top 15! Anyway I'm done spending on this game I'll just play to kill time here and there! Good luck everyone!
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Imaftau wrote: »
    ...I believe 100% something is not legit within the top 15! Anyway I'm done spending on this game I'll just play to kill time here and there! Good luck everyone!
    Unless this issue negatively affects GLU's income, nothing will change. That has nothing to do with GLU employee efforts and everything to do with the fact that money runs the show from above; that's how businesses work. I won't jump into all of the ways we can be manipulated to spend money, but competing against hackers is only one of them. My advise is to only spend the money you would offer them to play, not how much they ask for. Good luck with your decisions.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Bigbadjohn007Bigbadjohn007 Registered Users 5 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    "However it happened, he was a good caddy, and a good kid." - Lou

About 30 minutes into the tournament: #1 had about 2200AP, #2 had 600AP and 3-30 ranged from 600AP-200AP.

You can make your own guess about an AP point rollover, but overcoming 600AP, to place in the top 5, isn't that much to ask; Even if only 33AP was available without using additional energy.

As for the most important part of the story....How are those win streaks coming along for everyone?
    What should happen is the higher up the table you go then the game makers should have it that you play a game of equal strength then these people who like to brag would find it harder to win off some one with the same equality.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    What should happen is the higher up the table you go then the game makers should have it that you play a game of equal strength then these people who like to brag would find it harder to win off some one with the same equality.

It wouldn't matter. The top tier players have weapons that range from tier 5.5-6.5. Killing bases with 5760 is childs play.
    David T wrote: »
    Unless this issue negatively affects GLU's income, nothing will change. That has nothing to do with GLU employee efforts and everything to do with the fact that money runs the show from above; that's how businesses work. I won't jump into all of the ways we can be manipulated to spend money, but competing against hackers is only one of them. My advise is to only spend the money you would offer them to play, not how much they ask for. Good luck with your decisions.
    Lol! So I started last night ranked 17th. I played the game for hours I have a win streak of 515 I used 1500+ in gold in those few hours just to watch ppl pass right by me moving up in position as I stayed in 17th lol! I have the highest power weapons now it only takes me about 20-35seconds to win a match I believe 100% something is not legit within the top 15! Anyway I'm done spending on this game I'll just play to kill time here and there! Good luck everyone!

Of course this will affect Glu's income. Let's use Imaftau for instance, he just said that he used 1500 gold to get a mediocre weapon that is below the Zeus Elite. Once the players of this game realize their efforts have been in vain and the best they can do is get ranks 16-100, they will stop and move onto a new game or casually play. It really sucks knowing that ranks 1-15 are forever lost to honest players like ourselves.

If Glu wants to restore some integrity back into this lawless game. Audit the top 100 players on the leaderboards and the top 100 players of each PVP event randomly to make sure that the people there got their energy fairly.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    I've never cheated in a game in my entire life and certainly never used a hack. I think you guys saying that those that took advantage of the cash for energy glitch are cheaters is so wrong. David T, there's a known glitch in Deer Hunter 2014 that has given many iOS players expensive gold weapons for just 1 single glue credit. Should those players have their weapons taken from them? Certainly not! Like I said,I never even took advantage of the energy in any tournaments as I got it during a tournament I was boycotting at the time due to not receiving my prizes for tourneys before that. I quit playing entirely that week on the 60th day without a response from Glu about giving me my prizes. Players that buy energy aren't cheating whatsoever and now that you've made me think about it in depth, because the energy was sold to me for $1 game cash and I used cash that I earned in game to buy it, there's absolutely no reason why Glu should or could take that energy away from anyone who bought it. I don't play this game anymore so I don't care but what I do care about is people like Angels Holocaust throwing me in the same category as Hacks and Cheaters and implying that I'm not a legitimate player because I bought energy. If energy wasn't sold in the game, then people that use it, no matter how they paid for it would be cheating. My kids and gaming are my life and I love both very much. Someone implying that I don't have integrity and am not a legitimate gamer because I took advantage of Glu's eff up is ludicrous. David, people are happy about others taking advantage of being able to purchase weapons for 1 gold in Deer Hunter, this is no different .all energy does is give you the chance to fight , it doesn't give you automatic wins or an overpowered gun or infinite health.Angels Holocaust, in the past I have agreed with many of your points and I think I even sent you a pm once or twice. It was months ago and I can't recall what it was about but I know it had something to do with a mutual agreement about some aspect of this game. This is the first time in my 41 yrs that I've ever been called a cheater or thrown in the same category as one and it bothers me to no end. Especially since I have respect for you as a fellow gamer Angels Holocaust. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but you should rethink what you said about this subject. I would never cheat, ever. Just yesterday in Eternity Warriors 3 suggestions forum I replied to a thread about cheaters,modders and hackers ruining a game that I love.Take a look at my posts and threads all over these forums. You'll see that I despise cheaters and hackers as they take the fun out of gaming and I help other gamers out whenever possible by offering suggestions or giving them answers to help solve their issues. Not just in game communities for games that I play, if I'm able to help someone out in any game communit y, whether or not I play the game, I do. Someone who cheats cares nothing about true gamers playing and wouldn't go out of their way to help other gamers have a better experience I'm in no way whatsoever "illegitimate". I think your beef is with Glu. I think it would be best if energy could not be bought, period. But since it is sold, using it is not illegitimate and I did nothing wrong to acquire it. But As I stated, using energy is part of this game, how it was acquired is of no consequence and as a fellow gamer, one would think you'd see this not as cheating but as a gamer getting Alot of overpriced in app items for free from a price gouging company and be happy for them.
    I've never cheated in a game in my entire life and certainly never used a hack. I think you guys saying that those that took advantage of the cash for energy glitch are cheaters is so wrong.
    I wasn't referring to you and I apologize if you thought I was including you in my general simplification of my 'cheat/hack' definition. I was simply trying to say, "it would be more fun if.." The cash for energy game glitch is a GLU issue that people can use IF it's available. It would be more fun, IF it wasn't available to anyone; just as it would more fun IF other unfair advantages weren't available, like hacking. Deer hunter included.

The same reasoning applied to the first part I wrote, "if everyone had the possibility to compete fairly...If everyone was able to play the game, and without glitches,..."

"...and without people exploiting a cash for gold glitch or another way to cheat/hack the game.... then it would probably be more fun."
    iPhone 4, usually.
    If Glu wants to restore some integrity back into this lawless game. Audit the top 100 players on the leaderboards and the top 100 players of each PVP event randomly to make sure that the people there got their energy fairly.
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure how that would work without delaying everyone's rewards to allow an audit prior to giving the rewards. Depending on how 'deep' the hack goes, that is a lot of history to review to the conception of those users; that is why the hackers actually play the game as well, so it's harder to sift through their history.

We (global economy as a whole) spent an estimated 76.8 billion on internet security for 2014, with a staggering estimated 500 billion in losses, and those numbers are on the rise. Crazy numbers to try to wrap your head around.

Speaking of numbers to try to wrap your head around:
    #1 has 45285 AP in 93 hours; 3 min/match for 93 hours:
    option 1: A single insane person that just burnt themselves out for 93 hours.
    option 2: A group of people taking turns playing, for some reason, I don't know.
    option 3: Something else.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    David, I know you weren't referring to me in those comments. I adressed you because I know you play DeerHunter and you replied to my post in this thread earlier and I wanted to use the glitch with purchases in that game as an example to make my point. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You've always been one of the most well spoken and polite members of these forums and I appreciate that. I was and still am very upset by Angels post's and more or less was directing my comments to her. We're cool David.again, apologies for the confusion-Max
  • zmorganzmorgan Banned Users 2 Posts
    AngelsHolocaust, maybe you should take a course on 4th grade English instead of playing video games so much. Your other hobby, I take it, is ragging on other people's posts. Get a life. And yeah, I bet today momma brought you grilled cheese or maybe Chef Boyardee Raviolis? Just play your game and don't worry about others. If you are doing so well, why care? Get a life guy. Or how about try getting laid. Its a lot better than video games. And certainly better than attacking people with a question. Instead of spending your allowance on this game, try a hooker if mommy will let you pansy ***.and ease use it for that English class. There's a real world out here. Try it sometime if you can put the games down, you clown. Get a life and some ******, I promise you will feel better.

Admin edit: Using profanities (even with stars) and attacking other users is a violation of our terms of use.
    AngelsHolocaust, maybe you should take a course on 4th grade English instead of playing video games so much. Your other hobby, I take it, is ragging on other people's posts. Get a life. And yeah, I bet today momma brought you grilled cheese or maybe Chef Boyardee Raviolis? Just play your game and don't worry about others. If you are doing so well, why care? Get a life guy. Or how about try getting laid. Its a lot better than video games. And certainly better than attacking people with a question. Instead of spending your allowance on this game, try a hooker if mommy will let you pansy ***.and ease use it for that English class. There's a real world out here. Try it sometime if you can put the games down, you clown. Get a life and some ******, I promise you will feel better.

First of all, my name is Angels Holocaust, boy. How adorable, I have a little fan that goes around reading all of my posts. You're here criticizing my grammar while using as much profanity as possible. Give me a break, you're here attacking me for pointing out cheaters? Did I rustle your jimmies or are you one of those hackers I mentioned earlier? Have you tried taking your own advice? You seem to have an obsession with me and I rather think you're the one who needs to "get a life."
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I just started a thread asking basically the same question before seeing this one. It's possible that some players are spending enough real-world money to buy enough gold to buy enough energy points to win enough contest Assassin Points to win by such margins, but how likely is that that explanation compared with the possibility that they're cheating.

I'd like for Glu to look into whether the top 15 winners actually bought the gold to play that many matches, to delete the accounts of any who didn't, and to redistribute top level prizes down to legitimate players as applicable.
  • JsnfreeJsnfree Registered Users 28 Posts
    So is it cheating if I am taking advantage of the current "glitch"???
    Jsnfree wrote: »
    So is it cheating if I am taking advantage of the current "glitch"???

Shame on you for taking advantage of this business. Your account should be deleted immediately!
    Shame on you for taking advantage of this business. Your account should be deleted immediately!

I bet you are taking advantage too!! haha
    I bet you are taking advantage too!! haha

The glitch was only available to a certain amount of accounts. If I was taking advantage of the glitch, why would I ask for an audit of the players?
    The glitch was only available to a certain amount of accounts. If I was taking advantage of the glitch, why would I ask for an audit of the players?

So I assume you don't know about the current one. That's good

Sooner or later, some noob will come on and expose it to the community.
  • bouchedag™bouchedag™ Registered Users 46 Posts

A glitch... And I can't even log in. How depressing....
    @Python - I agree with your assessment to research/resolve the possibility of hacking versus having endless gold from one way or another. I see a game glitch which allows people to attain basically endless gold, without paying real money for it, or watching videos, or doing offers; as a part of the game, glitch or not. But hacking is a separate issue, that I think takes top priority, if having to choose between the two. Endless gold, with the best weapons, playing as fast as you can for an entire tournament might get you 50,000 AP, or whatever, but hacking can just type in a score, 1,000,000,000 AP.

Endless gold or not, 2200AP in 30 minutes, is stretching my imagination of possibility of fair'ish game play too far. It's only one example, but 45000 AP in a tournament isn't doing that much better for my belief in peoples ability and efforts with endless gold versus a game hack.

@Jsn/Angeles - You two are entertaining to say the least.

"Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Yeah I've decided not to play any more tournaments after this last one. Currently looking for another game any idea's?
    Yeah I've decided not to play any more tournaments after this last one. Currently looking for another game any idea's?

It's still fun to play. Just know that you will never get ranks 1-15.
    Lol yeah it's fun! Now I gotta keep getting revenge on the 525 ppl I beat in the last tournament just to keep some diamonds lol! I'm just done spending money on gold for energy and go nowhere lol!
    Well, they fixed that glitch fast!
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    First of all, my name is Angels Holocaust, boy. How adorable, I have a little fan that goes around reading all of my posts. You're here criticizing my grammar while using as much profanity as possible. Give me a break, you're here attacking me for pointing out cheaters? Did I rustle your jimmies or are you one of those hackers I mentioned earlier? Have you tried taking your own advice? You seem to have an obsession with me and I rather think you're the one who needs to "get a life."

Please don't reply to this user anymore. We will handle it from here. Thanks.
  • IcombaIcomba Registered Users 15 Posts
    Is there even a way to cheat? I havent found em.