Iphone Fix for the mainanance and connection issue

JsnfreeJsnfree Registered Users 28 Posts
Just uninstalled with iphone 6 and reinstalled. Before I uninstalled, I backed up all files in the Contract killer directory using Iexplorer (free trial version) backing them up to a new file on computer desktop. When I reinstalled the game, it came up as new game losing all data. I opened the files I had saved to desktop, and then opened Iexplorer, and dragged all those files back into the phone, and it worked! back to regular levels. I got tired of waiting for "team" to fix this since it has been since Friday that I have not been able to play!

Comments

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Jsnfree wrote: »
    Just uninstalled with iphone 6 and reinstalled. Before I uninstalled, I backed up all files in the Contract killer directory using Iexplorer (free trial version) backing them up to a new file on computer desktop. When I reinstalled the game, it came up as new game losing all data. I opened the files I had saved to desktop, and then opened Iexplorer, and dragged all those files back into the phone, and it worked! back to regular levels. I got tired of waiting for "team" to fix this since it has been since Friday that I have not been able to play!

Glad you were able to use a workaround.
  • IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    Hi Jsnfree
    Could you please tell us how to back up using the iexplorer!it would be really helpfull,thanks a lot
  • JsnfreeJsnfree Registered Users 28 Posts
    Iamready wrote: »
    Hi Jsnfree
    Could you please tell us how to back up using the iexplorer!it would be really helpfull,thanks a lot

When you open Iexplorer, it opens up your phone files. Go to Contract Killer-Sniper, and right click it, and select export, then export it to a new folder on your desktop. Once you have it saved, you can delete the game, and reinstall it. Then go back into Iexplorer, and go back to your Contract Killer-Sniper file, and open it. Then you drag your files from the file you saved to your desktop, over to your Iexplorer Contract Killer-sniper file.
    Hi Jsnfree
    thank you so much,i will try it!
  • JsnfreeJsnfree Registered Users 28 Posts
    Hi Jsnfree
    thank you so much,i will try it!

No problem! I did it again, and it worked again. The connection issue came up again... Just a little more description to make it easier for you...When you drag the files back over to your device from your PC, drag the contents of each folder over (as a whole), instead of the whole Contract killer file. For example, open up the "library" folder and drag all of the contents inside that folder over to your device's "library" folder, the same for "Documents" "tmp" and "storeKit" and "contractkiller3.app" Can "team" tell us which files are the important ones to backup and restore?
    hi Jsnfree
    thank you for the description,will try it
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Jsnfree wrote: »
    Can "team" tell us which files are the important ones to backup and restore?

First, I will reiterate the message of 'do at your own risk', and for those who have already been successful with the iexployer file transfer process; the file you are looking for is located in: \ContractKiller\Library\Caches\DataDiskCache. It will be listed as a "data base file" and should be about 12KB. I would still recommend backing up the entire CKS folder from iexployer to your local PC, but technically it's the data base file you want to transfer back to your iPhone once you've re-installed CKS1.

For those of you that are going to use the iexployer file transfer for the first time, I would recommend a full itunes back up first, just a good idea, in case other device issues occur. And yes, this is another confirmation that the file transfer process, using the iexployer program, can work. No promises, but my PVP accumulated AP points and win streak were also retrieved. I would also give yourself at least an hour for the full process, including downloading/installing iexployer; the last thing you want to do is try to rush this process while 'playing around' in the game folder for the first time.

There are a few 'side-effects': Besides the time it takes to re-download the game, maps, etc...When playing again, you'll notice that tutorial messages will occasionally popup. Such as, if you already have bought a Tesla, when you use it for the 'first time' after the data transfer process, the game will still give you a single message tutorial about how to use it. Same thing with medical kits, how to duck/move, etc...But just as they went away when you first started the game, you only have to go through those messages once each.

Good luck everyone.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Hi David
    Thanks for the info,so should i got forward and re install the app!please advice i was waiting for glu team to fix it as i dont want to loose my progress!as onr of our admins said do not re install the game almost 5 days back,waiting for your reply!thanks
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Hi David
    Thanks for the info,so should i got forward and re install the app!please advice i was waiting for glu team to fix it as i dont want to loose my progress!as onr of our admins said do not re install the game almost 5 days back,waiting for your reply!thanks

What I would do is download Iexployer and see if you're comfortable working with their program. If you're not sure, try downloading a game that keeps your score, but that you don't care about erasing, like 'candy crush'. Then you can see if the Iexployer file transfer/restore process worked for you.

I'm not comfortable with telling someone to delete their game, when I really don't have any control over Iexployer working, but it did work for me and was easy to do.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Hi friends
    After 11 days today i was able to open the game!feeling so so so happy,i did not uninstall the game,just waited for the glu to fix,i did not get any update but the game is fixed for me,i am using ios!let me play and get back my lost progress!thanks Jsnfree and admins for the support
  • ChuaptChuapt Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hello everyone,

I envy you Iamready! Seems I've run into the "server maintenance" issue on iOS. Started last Saturday Jan 31 up till now. Tried the iExplorer file transfer but it didn't work for me as the new install kept starting at the beginning even though I followed the instructions given. Any other ideas or do I just wait 11 days like Iamready?
    hi Chuapt
    i got a mail from customer care yestarday,they are saying they will fix the issue asap!hope for an update soon!i am lucky to get the game running!i lost all the progress in the pvp!but still i am able to play so i am happy!hope you will also be able to play soon.take care
    hi Chuapt
    i got a mail from customer care yestarday,they are saying they will fix the issue asap!hope for an update soon!i am lucky to get the game running!i lost all the progress in the pvp!but still i am able to play so i am happy!hope you will also be able to play soon.take care

Team stated that they fixed several of the issues this weekend. Please let us know if you are still seeing them.
  • snipehunter7snipehunter7 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Still having issues. Msg states serves maintenance is being held and to try again later. Duration approx. 1 week.
    Hi gluadmin,

Still having the "server maintenance please restart" issue on my iPad mini. Did not uninstall as am hoping that the "fix" by the team will fix the issue with an update that preserves all my progress including pvp.
    Hello gluadmin,

The fix works! Was able to play again today after 5 days of limbo. Team must have done something on the server side, as no update was released. All my pvp and campaign status was preserved. Thanks Team!
    Chuapt wrote: »
    Hello gluadmin,

The fix works! Was able to play again today after 5 days of limbo. Team must have done something on the server side, as no update was released. All my pvp and campaign status was preserved. Thanks Team!

Glad to hear it. Let us know if anything else comes up.
  • LaVeroleLaVerole Registered Users 3 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Glad to hear it. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Stil dont work on my iPhone. I always have a network error code 203102 ...
    Any news about fix ?
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Update:

I was informed that you need to try and log into the game at least once a day and on the 2nd or 3rd day the issues should be resolved.
    Thx it worked for me. But now i cant download maps anymore even if i still have more than 2go of free Space on my iPhone
    LaVerole wrote: »
    Thx it worked for me. But now i cant download maps anymore even if i still have more than 2go of free Space on my iPhone

if you try 3-4 times after restarting the device it will be ok,i am also having the same issue with my iphone,have to download all the regions every time after trying 3-4 times