Options

Think about it, what's the point?

MozzenusMozzenus Registered Users 50 Posts
I really like this game but. If you think about it, there really is only one objective, to obtain a powerful collection of weapons. That's it. Upgrade your base? For what reason? The only thing you need upgraded in the final base is your vault. There is no other reason to finish its upgrade. Diamonds will get robbed from there. There arrest too many big guns out there. Also, loss of diamonds is the only negative thing about a weak base. Also there is no limit to how many times you can get attacked. No regeneration of defense time. There is no reason to log on to collect diamonds because they will get taken from there as well as your vault, at the same time! So once you have obtained your "big guns" what's left. The wait to build a useless base and collect bigger guns. I like the challenge of using lesser guns. That's what makes it fun for me. How about you?

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Mozzenus wrote: »
    I really like this game but. If you think about it, there really is only one objective, to obtain a powerful collection of weapons. That's it. Upgrade your base? For what reason? The only thing you need upgraded in the final base is your vault. There is no other reason to finish its upgrade. Diamonds will get robbed from there. There arrest too many big guns out there. Also, loss of diamonds is the only negative thing about a weak base. Also there is no limit to how many times you can get attacked. No regeneration of defense time. There is no reason to log on to collect diamonds because they will get taken from there as well as your vault, at the same time! So once you have obtained your "big guns" what's left. The wait to build a useless base and collect bigger guns. I like the challenge of using lesser guns. That's what makes it fun for me. How about you?

You're wrong about one thing. You can also upgrade your player's health via the base. Other than that you're right about most things.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    You're wrong about one thing. You can also upgrade your player's health via the base.

That hasn't actually been proven though, right? I assume the same thing, because of the game hint that says 'some base upgrades can help your player' (or something to that affect) and the title of "player health", but I haven't actually taken the time to determine it for sure.

As for the part I think we all have concluded through countless hours of game play...Big guns, that is the strategy. World domination, destruction, and stealing is the game. As for why I play...I like fast moving flashy things.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    That hasn't actually been proven though, right? I assume the same thing, because of the game hint that says 'some base upgrades can help your player' (or something to that affect) and the title of "player health", but I haven't actually taken the time to determine it for sure.

As for the part I think we all have concluded through countless hours of game play...Big guns, that is the strategy. World domination, destruction, and stealing is the game. As for why I play...I like fast moving flashy things.

I've tested that hypothesis by standing and taking hits from bases with 5570 defense. With each player health increase, I tank more damage.
  • Options
    coolH2O73coolH2O73 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Mozzenus wrote: »

I agree. I've got a collection of good guns, and just to make it more challenging I toggle between the less powerful guns. At the moment I'm in the top 100 rankings and there's a couple of guns that I'm interested in. Having said that, I'm reserving the thought of purchasing gold to fight for points to the top ranks. I've got a win streak of 46 and I'm doing quite well with the collection of guns I have now, but the prizes are too inticing to pass up. Guess I'll see how this pvp event goes in the next few days.
  • Options
    I've tested that hypothesis by standing and taking hits from bases with 5570 defense. With each player health increase, I tank more damage.

Oh cool, thanks for taking the time to do that, I was using that assumption anyway, but it's good to know it was correct.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    Hi Mozzenus
    i think if the defense power is higher the chances of your diamonds getting robbed are less,because not every opponent(for eg like me)dont have any heavy weapons or tesla,so if your base is totally upgraded your defense power will be twice our attack power!so in my opinion maximizing the defense power is the best thing for trying to save the diamonds.Its just my view point of the game.thanks
  • Options
    Iamready wrote: »
    ...maximizing the defense power is the best thing for trying to save the diamonds...

I agree that you can minimize the chances of getting your diamonds stolen with a powerful base, as long as there are players that don't have powerful weapons.

The issue that Mozzenus is bringing up is how fast the game grows. If the game grows slowly then it gives players more time to get the best weapons, which makes a base's defense basically useless. On the flip side, you end up playing the game less when you have weapons that can conquer bases quickly.
    iPhone 4, usually.