PVP Tournament Feb 5-8 Review

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Issue resolved: No AP point roll over and no outrageous AP scores to start. - That's the good news.

1st issue: All buttons become inactive (except Pause) and directional arrows disappear, nothing to do but wait for the time clock to run out.

Example: PVP streak ended at 7 by game glitch while PVP was in progress. Triple checked wifi connection. Next PVP match was successful.

GLU: Once we have the PVP match loaded on our local devices we should be able to complete the match and get the reward, without having to connect to the GLU server again; until we want to load another PVP match to play/complete.

PS: I only post each type of issue, but I assure you, these issues are happening more than once before I take the time to post them. I just write about one specific example of when they happened.

This has been happening since the 12/18/14 tournament, at least.
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• itsgoaitsgoa Registered Users 6 Posts
    very informative post........
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    2nd issue: Game crash immediately after pressing "Find Target"....Still results with a game restart, lost energy bar, false "attack lost" in social log, win streak ended.

GLU: I hope you realize that if you don't correct these PVP issues, people will turn away from PVP, which is turning away from the competitive spirit that we spend the most gold for.

This happened in the last tournament as well.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    2nd issue: Game crash immediately after pressing "Find Target"....Still results with a game restart, lost energy bar, false "attack lost" in social log, win streak ended.

GLU: I hope you realize that if you don't correct these PVP issues, people will turn away from PVP, which is turning away from the competitive spirit that we spend gold for.

Yes, the team is aware of the issues and continues to work on them.
  • BrendanFBrendanF Registered Users 80 Posts
    1st issue: PVP streak ended at 7 by game glitch: PVP in progress - all buttons become inactive (except Pause) and directional arrows disappear, nothing to do but wait for the time clock to run out.

Had the very same problem, in the middle of the game suddenly no directional arrows. Lost of course when time was up. Playing against wow...... at 21:25 cet.
    3rd issue: Main opponent goes underneath the floor and you can not kill them. This happens after you've killed all other soldiers, after advancing to the 2nd closest position, and after the main opponent is at least half way or more to being defeated. Frustrating; it would be less frustrating to just have the game do a restart from the beginning, without wasting your time in an unbeatable match.

Again, nothing to do except wait for the time clock to run out. Lost match, lost win streak, no diamond reward.

This has been happening since the 12/18/14 tournament, at least.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    #3: Main opponent goes underneath the floor and you can not kill them. This happens after you've killed all other soldiers, after advancing to the 2nd closest position, and after the main opponent is at least half way or more to being defeated. Frustrating; it would be less frustrating to just have the game do a restart from the beginning, without wasting your time in an unbeatable match.

Again, nothing to do except wait for the time clock to run out. Lost match, lost win streak, no diamond reward.

The opponent going under the floor hasn't happened to me yet though he did disappear completely during one pvp. (Bar showing the opponents health moving up and down but nothing to shoot at). What has happened to me several times is that my guy suddenly goes underground, like he was on the floor one level below the action. Same result, clock runs down and everything lost.
    4th issue: False "attack lost" registered in Battle Log after using 'revenge'.

Example: I've been using 'revenge' successfully for 9 matches in a row and won them; on my 10th revenge match I won as well, but my battle log shows I lost to the player I won against, 10 minutes prior to winning. I didn't fight the same player twice as the battle log suggests (1 loss, 1 win, same player, back-to-back).

Possible new issue in comparison to Dec and Jan tournaments I posted notes about.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Not sure if this is a 5th issue, tied to '4th issue', or a change in the game design...

5th issue: Battle log shows 'defense lost' while being logged on to the game:

Example: I've been logged on to the game for over 5 hours, but 55 minutes ago my base was attacked twice and both attacks had the 'revenge' option listed, so I doubt it has anything to do with 'revenge'. BTW:9200 diamonds lost between those two attacks.

GLU: Before, the only way to not get attacked was to be playing the game or at least be signed on to the game. Has the game changed to take out the 'at least be signed on to the game' requirement?

Possible new issue in comparison to Dec and Jan tournaments I posted notes about.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    20:23 cet against ser.... suddenly no directional arrows, clock runs down, 12 game winning streak gone etc...

tried again, won the next one but the diamonds weren't added to my total, 20:35 against emr......
    Not sure if this is a 5th issue, same issue as '4th issue', or a change in the game design...

5th issue: Battle log shows 'defense lost' while being logged on to the game:

Example: I've been logged on to the game for over 5 hours, but 55 minutes ago my base was attacked twice and both attacks had the 'revenge' option listed, so I doubt it has anything to do with 'revenge'.

GLU: Before, the only way to not get attacked was to be playing the game or at least be signed on to the game. Has the game changed to take out the 'at least be signed on to the game' requirement?

So I'm not the only one who has been attacked while online (which I was led to believe was the only sure way not to lose your diamonds i.e. staying online).
    just seen that I lost 1,716 diamonds to Rich... 27 minutes ago when I was definitely online. The last attempt at a PVP was against CUD..., the game just crashed before the pvp even started and is now of course listed as a loss.............
    I'm not exactly sure what the correlation is between players that experience the glitches, but I doubt I'm just being singled out by a computer program or am magically selected for bad luck. I wouldn't be posting to the forum if I thought I was the only one.

Obviously location isn't one of the factors (USA and Germany). I've tried to figure out if glitches happen more or less during a certain time of day, what devices/OS are being used, how frequently I'm playing, whether it's in a particular area of the game, what opponents I'm going against, or AP differences, etc... And yes, I always check wifi connection to rule that out as a possibility.

The only way I can try to stay objective, and not take this personally, is because I don't spend RW money; sorry GLU, when your game is as consistent as money, I'll think about using more money. I know it's just a game and I'm only giving my time and observations/thoughts/suggestions; otherwise, I would probably go from confused/frustrated to Angry, like I see many people have done and wrote about.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I wonder if system devices have to do with glitches?
    I wonder if system devices have to do with glitches?

That's one of the very first things I tried to find out by writing to GLUADMIN and customer care (multiple times); no response yet. I use an iphone4 for gaming, as you know, and logically its very possible that a 2011 device is simply too old to keep up; even if all background apps are closed, plenty of available memory resources, and connected to reliable wifi. I've also used a newer ipad, but both had the same type of errors. Your guess is as good as mine, and maybe GLU's as well. ???
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    That's one of the very first things I tried to find out by writing to GLUADMIN and customer care (multiple times); no response yet. I use an iphone4 for gaming, as you know, and logically its very possible that a 2011 device is simply too old to keep up; even if all background apps are closed, plenty of available memory resources, and connected to reliable wifi. I've also used a newer ipad, but both had the same type of errors. Your guess is as good as mine, and maybe GLU's as well. ???

Your inbox is full.
    Your inbox is full.

Should I write an issue #6 for the forum error? LOL. Inbox has 4 of 25 available messages, and sent has 8 of 25 available, but I'll try clearing some and see if that works.

"Inbox contains 0 messages. You have 4 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed."

Update for everyone reading this, after deleting the 4 messages in my inbox, I was able to get Angels Holocaust's new PM message. The inbox issue has happened before, but it only happens maybe once a month.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I'm not exactly sure what the correlation is between players that experience the glitches, but I doubt I'm just being singled out by a computer program or am magically selected for bad luck. I wouldn't be posting to the forum if I thought I was the only one.

The only way I can try to stay objective, and not take this personally, is because I don't spend RW money; sorry GLU, when your game is as consistent as money, I'll think about using more money. I know it's just a game and I'm only giving my time and observations/thoughts/suggestions; otherwise, I would probably go from confused/frustrated to Angry, like I see many people have done and wrote about.

Obviously location isn't one of the factors (USA and Germany). I've tried to figure out if glitches happen more or less during a certain time of day, what devices/OS are being used, how frequently I'm playing, whether it's in a particular area of the game, what opponents I'm going against, or AP differences, etc... And yes, I always check wifi connection to rule that out as a possibility.
    I don't think that the device you're using is a major factor. What I've noticed is that the game only freezes/crashes during pvp's and at no other time in my experience (never happened during a campaign). It always ends up with us players losing diamonds, energy, winning streaks etc. Not once has there been a glitch which was to my benefit.

One other thing, I have spent no money on this game and don't intend to. If it comes to the stage where I have to spend money to advance any further then that's game over for me. Watching the videos should be reward enough for Glu..........
    pvp against jjshoo..... just now. Game didn't even start, listed as a loss and winning streak gone.
    Alright, I added some notes about each issue in comparison to the PVP tournaments in Dec 2014 (prior to game update) and the Jan 2015 tournament (immediately after the game update).

If anyone can shed some light on when these issues have been happening to you, for how long, or if there are others...please add. As I wrote in previous tournament review posts, this thread is to provide GLU with a consolidated list of feedback about game issues we've experienced during the tournaments.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    Hi friends
    Thanks for the glu fix,i have a win streak of 156 until now,still have 2 more hours for pvp to end.i have not spend any gold to buy energy,just played for almost 18-20 hours everyday! my family thinks i have gone nuts!LOL
    anyway thanks Glu team
    my rank now is 346,i dont have a tesla or heavy gun,just playing with demonh17 and sr-308 raiper
    45 minutes left until the tournament ends. In the last 5 hours I've experienced more game crashes/restarts, false "attack lost", and false "defense lost" then I did in the entire tournament. 60% error rate? Plus another 10% error for invisible soldiers that didn't stop me from winning the match. I realize 5 hours is a small sample, but obviously the amount of people playing has something to do with 4 of the 5 types of issues I ran into.

I played the tournament more casually and didn't buy energy this time, but I think I got a pretty good sample of playing at different times of the day/night for the entire tournament. Lost out on about 1000AP, 30K diamonds, and 40+ energy bars over the 4 days.

Anyway, 5 types of game errors, plus loading issues (from other posts) to work on; hopefully before the next tournament.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    It seems to me that most of the problems are with the Apple version of the game. I'm playing on Android and I did not have any failed PVP matches due to server glitches during the past 2 tournaments. Biggest frustration for me has been way too many "No opponent found" messages. I normally have to click on Find Target 10-15 times before I get a match, but at one point last night I had to click over 50 times before I got a match. For this past tournament I had a streak of 268, legitimately lost a match, then finished with a streak of 120 to finish in 12th.
  • RAMBO9999RAMBO9999 Registered Users 14 Posts
    It seems to me that most of the problems are with the Apple version of the game. I'm playing on Android and I did not have any failed PVP matches due to server glitches during the past 2 tournaments. Biggest frustration for me has been way too many "No opponent found" messages. I normally have to click on Find Target 10-15 times before I get a match, but at one point last night I had to click over 50 times before I got a match. For this past tournament I had a streak of 268, legitimately lost a match, then finished with a streak of 120 to finish in 12th.

I have an iPhone and I didn't have any problems at all. I ended up with 776 win streak.
    RAMBO9999 wrote: »
    I have an iPhone and I didn't have any problems at all. I ended up with 776 win streak.

What version of the iOS are you using on your iPhone that didn't have game errors? iOS 7 or iOS 8?

Hardware would explain whether the game ran smoothly or more choppy/delayed. We're both using the same game software. We're both using a reliable/consistent internet connection. So iOS seems to be the most reasonable explanation. I'm using an iPhone running iOS 7, so if you are using iOS 8, then that could be the difference in experiencing game issues or not.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    What version of the iOS are you using on your iPhone that didn't have game errors? iOS 7 or iOS 8?

Hardware would explain whether the game ran smoothly or more choppy/delayed. We're both using the same game software. We're both using a reliable/consistent internet connection. So iOS seems to be the most reasonable explanation. I'm using an iPhone running iOS 7, so if you are using iOS 8, then that could be the difference in experiencing game issues or not.

Im running IOS 8.0 on Iphone 6 plus
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! iOS 8 is the winner. iOS 7 is the loser.

BTW: iOS 7 still works properly with Deer Hunter and Dino Hunter, so it looks like whatever software/programing was used to create/implement Contract Killer was different in some way that isn't as compatible with iOS 7 as it is with iOS 8.

GLU ADMIN: You might want to update the iOS compatibility disclosure in the description of your app in the Apple app store.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! iOS 8 is the winner. iOS 7 is the loser.

BTW: iOS 7 still works properly with Deer Hunter and Dino Hunter, so it looks like whatever software/programing was used to create/implement Contract Killer was different in some way that isn't as compatible with iOS 7 as it is with iOS 8.

GLU ADMIN: You might want to update the iOS compatibility disclosure in the description of your app in the Apple app store.

Sounds like a plan