Mystery Boxes BIGGEST SCAM !!!!!!

Mr pippetMr pippet Registered Users 4 Posts
OK for those who have not yet to notice, this is a very sneaky, and very very deceptive and would say that it is to me. And I would say it's on the wire to actually coming under what I would call, a form of theft. Now please I shall apologise now in advance if I'm wrong yet I'm only stating what I've seen and experienced myself, please read below.
Ok how many times have you went to spend gold in the mystery box? You spin get rocket's wahoo I needed them, and again med pack's great need them to. And then you realise 60 out of 100 golds left.So you're hoping to get something good with the rest. Spin again and wow body Armour, spin again another Body Armour , 20 gold left and yep ur right ANOTHER BODY ARMOUR. So out of 100 gold 60 on Body Armour yeah !!!! So like I did I checked my equipment how many Body Armours did I actually have !!!!??? . You guessed it ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went quickly to pvp got high defence player, had to use 2 med packs so clearly the Body Armour was used as it says (helps upto 25%) so just won the game. Went straight back to equipment to put another body armour on. As I did win 3 in mystery box 60 GOLD REMEMBER, only to find that it's 125 Gold now for another !!!!!????? So weres my other 2 gone or weres my gold refund ? ???? . Yesterday I spun around 8 times and 4 of the 8 spins were Body Armour but yet only received 1 !!!!????? . ANYONE WHO HAS NOTICED THIS PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVEN'T GO AND TRY. ALSO I THINK THE WEAPONS THAT ARE NO LONGER NEEDED, YOU SHOULD BE TO SELL IN THE GAME OR TRADE TO GET ROCKETS ETC.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Dear Mr pippet - Use the forum search function (upper right) and type in "mystery box" and "trade in old weapons". Happy reading.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Mr pippet wrote: »
    OK for those who have not yet to notice, this is a very sneaky, and very very deceptive and would say that it is to me. And I would say it's on the wire to actually coming under what I would call, a form of theft. Now please I shall apologise now in advance if I'm wrong yet I'm only stating what I've seen and experienced myself, please read below.
    Ok how many times have you went to spend gold in the mystery box? You spin get rocket's wahoo I needed them, and again med pack's great need them to. And then you realise 60 out of 100 golds left.So you're hoping to get something good with the rest. Spin again and wow body Armour, spin again another Body Armour , 20 gold left and yep ur right ANOTHER BODY ARMOUR. So out of 100 gold 60 on Body Armour yeah !!!! So like I did I checked my equipment how many Body Armours did I actually have !!!!??? . You guessed it ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went quickly to pvp got high defence player, had to use 2 med packs so clearly the Body Armour was used as it says (helps upto 25%) so just won the game. Went straight back to equipment to put another body armour on. As I did win 3 in mystery box 60 GOLD REMEMBER, only to find that it's 125 Gold now for another !!!!!????? So weres my other 2 gone or weres my gold refund ? ???? . Yesterday I spun around 8 times and 4 of the 8 spins were Body Armour but yet only received 1 !!!!????? . ANYONE WHO HAS NOTICED THIS PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVEN'T GO AND TRY. ALSO I THINK THE WEAPONS THAT ARE NO LONGER NEEDED, YOU SHOULD BE TO SELL IN THE GAME OR TRADE TO GET ROCKETS ETC.

First of all, why would you continue buying mystery boxes knowing that you can only get 1 bear armor? Next, why the hell would you even waste gold on mysery boxes? Save up the gold and buy a good weapon. What's the saying, " A fool and his money are soon parted." That situation applies to you. Don't fret, make a customer ticket and tell Glu what you told us and they'll refund your money.

Pro tip- Mystery boxes are trash and the weapons offered there are even worse.
  • Mr pippetMr pippet Registered Users 4 Posts
    Don't fret ? This scam will be happening to millions of people, And by the way I'm no fool, as this thread was merely to enlighten those who are unaware of this. And the top and bottom of this is, Glu is a well known company. And you put trust in these larger companies and this should be rectified. It should not happen full stop you foolish small minded individual. you carry on in your little bubble my friend ! Oh and before I go, have you ever tried to get a refund back from any online game ? Exactly nothing more to say for now.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Don't fret ? This scam will be happening to millions of people, And by the way I'm no fool, as this thread was merely to enlighten those who are unaware of this. And the top and bottom of this is, Glu is a well known company. And you put trust in these larger companies and this should be rectified. It should not happen full stop you foolish small minded individual. you carry on in your little bubble my friend ! Oh and before I go, have you ever tried to get a refund back from any online game ? Exactly nothing more to say for now.

First of all, have you tried asking for a refund? A player by the name of Iamready has already gotten his refund for the duplicate bear armors not appearing. I'm the one who's foolish? You're the one buying random mystery boxes and expecting a great pay load. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You my friend are insane.
  • Mr pippetMr pippet Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yes, I've tried to get a refund for the loss of 40 gold and this issue is going back approximately 12 weeks. And yes still nothing. At the end of the day, it should not happen and you should not have to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    At the end of the day, it should not happen and you should not have to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund.
    I agree and have numerous posts on this subject explaining of how misleading the mystery box is and will result in people not trusting GLU games as a whole. GLU shouldn't have to rely on mystery box scams to make money, but it does make money, so they keep it in the game.

Everything about the mystery box is misleading, from the title to the function. Box? What box? It's a slot machine that spins sideways. 10 spins for 180 gold? No, it's 1 spin with 10 auto assigned prizes. If your 'unlucky' enough to get assigned bear armor more than once, well, sorry but you just lost it. Unfortunately this will not be the last time someone makes the same mistake on the mystery box, just as we all have that post about it. Hello, my name is David T, and I got scammed by the mystery box on 11/30/2014...are there donuts and coffee?

Mystery Box..."yur burnt" - S Meyers

Doesn't work, don't use it; it's really the only way.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    . ANYONE WHO HAS NOTICED THIS PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVEN'T GO AND TRY. ALSO I THINK THE WEAPONS THAT ARE NO LONGER NEEDED, YOU SHOULD BE TO SELL IN THE GAME OR TRADE TO GET ROCKETS ETC.

Hi Mr.Pippet
    i also had the same situation while going for the spin!i lost almost 100 gold getting 5 armors!i created a customer care ticket and i got the 80 gold i asked for!and glu is trying to fix the double issue in gold spin!hope you will get the gold back,take care
  • RAMBO9999RAMBO9999 Registered Users 14 Posts
    First of all, why would you continue buying mystery boxes knowing that you can only get 1 bear armor? Next, why the hell would you even waste gold on mysery boxes? Save up the gold and buy a good weapon. What's the saying, " A fool and his money are soon parted." That situation applies to you. Don't fret, make a customer ticket and tell Glu what you told us and they'll refund your money.

Pro tip- Mystery boxes are trash and the weapons offered there are even worse.

Absolutely right. It only took me two times to realize I was wasting my gold on that. Now I only invest it on weapons and PVP.