Accumulation of cash !

xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of accumulating copious amounts of cash, with no where to spend it ???:rolleyes:

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    What exactly is the purpose of accumulating copious amounts of cash, with no where to spend it ???:rolleyes:

You earn cash in the campaign sections and that's basically where you can use it. GLU forces you from cash to diamond to gold currency pretty quickly.

Reminder that earning cash is tied to XP, XP tied to levels, and leveling up is worth 5 gold per level. However, if you've reached the top level and still earn XP, you will miss out on the 5 gold per level when the level cap is raised again.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
    I am at level 50' so the cash has no value. My weapons are maxed out as well !!!
  • YmiePJYmiePJ Registered Users 26 Posts
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    I am at level 50' so the cash has no value. My weapons are maxed out as well !!!

The cash will be value in the next update. Dig it some more as it will be not enough then.
  • IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    cash will be useful for some update,i have got some powerful guns using cash,its no harm in collecting them
    Iamready wrote: »
    cash will be useful for some update,i have got some powerful guns using cash,its no harm in collecting them

"No harm", true, but "no reward" is also true; you won't be receiving the 5 gold per level if you get ahead of the game while collecting XP in advance.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    "No harm", true, but "no reward" is also true; you won't be receiving the 5 gold per level if you get ahead of the game while collecting XP in advance.

yes very well said,it's really sad that we are playing hard and not getting the gold!atleast they should reward us with gold we are supposed to get when they are releasing an update not just the level ups only!that's why i haven't finished the global assault,i am waiting for the next update to finish the contracts!
    Iamready wrote: »
    that's why i haven't finished the global assault,i am waiting for the next update to finish the contracts!
    Smart move. I already had too much XP when it was at level 30 and wouldn't have received the gold anyway, but yes, I think it would be smart to stay at level 49 until the next update comes out.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    I am pretty sure they fixed this with the last update. I had achieved level 40 and had kept playing contract missions for cash before I started reading about the level 30 to level 40 missing gold issue, so I quit playing contract missions. I figured that I would jump to level 43 or 44 when the level 50 upgrade came out. Much to my surprise I stayed at level 40 with a clear bar for upgrading to level 41.

It would be nice if GLU were to issue a Change Log document to specify what issues have been addressed when they release updates. That way we would know if an issue was fixed instead of having to figure it ourselves, often through trial and error.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I think that I jumped from 40 to 47 without a gold bonus, but 35 more gold when even weak new weapons cost hundreds didn't seem like an issue to me at the time.

I just had a #15 tournament finish and got a Harrier sniper rifle, so I'm playing open contracts over and over for cash to upgrade it at the moment.