Options

What's the best anyone's finished in aPVP tournament without buying any energy?

I'm just curious what's the highest anyone can place without spending any actual real money. Or without having bought energy when you were able to with game "cash"..... I placed 98th last tournament playing as much as I could with as little sleep as possible. Lol

Comments

• Options
    Dj33transamDj33transam Banned Users 72 Posts
    I'm just curious what's the highest anyone can place without spending any actual real money. Or without having bought energy when you were able to with game "cash"..... I placed 98th last tournament playing as much as I could with as little sleep as possible. Lol

You can also include your victory points total and weapons and base strength if you'd like.
  • Options
    Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    250 here got the best of both weapons
  • Options
    jopokskiuyuyjopokskiuyuy Registered Users 5 Posts
    finished 6th on the last pvp and got the stampede assault rifle....
  • Options
    centipede assault rifle...
  • Options
    I mean centipede assault rifle....
  • Options
    kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    A PVP tournament last 96 hours*3 (per hour)=288 energy +3 (in the begining, you already have 3 energy)-1 (during the last hour, you could only play 2 energy)=290 energy (that means someone never sleep and keep tracking the formation of energy)
    The first 6 rounds of AP started from 3+5+7+10+15+20=60
    The rest 284 rounds of AP is 284*25=7100
    So the best AP someone can get without buying any energy is 7160. Because we couldn't see the whole ranking list, the rank (with 7160 AP) in last PVP tournament maybe around 100th or more.
  • Options
    IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts

i got to level 250 only without any gold spent!
  • Options
    I mean centipede assault rifle....

Jopo how much energy did you have to buy to finish 6th??? Did you buy gold or get free gold from videos and promos??? Or did you get a bunch of energy when it was one sale for a virtual dollar bf they fixed the glitch. Lol. No reply and I'll understand!!!! Ha. Oh Kuojunhun I set my alarm for every hour on the hour and used the free one energy bars you get from playing I had saved for about the last two months. Even playing non stop with unlimited energy no way I'd get to say 30,000 points like the top 2 or 3 did. There would be no sleep even between matches!!! Lol. Those guys are dedicated no matter how they got their energy!!
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I recall buying a "Pro Med Kits" pack and had an overall spending event total of a bit less than 680, which would that I spent around 560 gold on energy, and (once again) eked out a 15th place finish for a Centipede. I've fully upgraded it to 13120 power, which is a huge upgrade from the Mantis I was using in the last tourney. Switching over to my heavy gun (Pale Horse) is a step down in power now.
  • Options
    I recall buying a "Pro Med Kits" pack and had an overall spending event total of a bit less than 680, which would that I spent around 560 gold on energy, and (once again) eked out a 15th place finish for a Centipede. I've fully upgraded it to 13120 power, which is a huge upgrade from the Mantis I was using in the last tourney. Switching over to my heavy gun (Pale Horse) is a step down in power now.

Yeah the pale horse sucks. Lol. I haven't played a pvp tournament with an assault rifle in a few months. Takes a long time. Lol. I finished with like 6000 points. So **** how many did u have??
  • Options
    I don't really recall; I was tracking my expense in gold and my place in the leaderboard. My only concern with APs was to see how fast the 16-20 place players were closing in on me, and I'd buy more energy for extra matches as necessary, but I didn't note how many I actually had at the end. Actually, I was very pleasantly surprised to hold onto 15 because I fell asleep while playing the game about an hour before the tournament ended. I woke back up at about 5:30 EST and saw that I'd received the Centipede.

I can usually finish in the top 50 pretty easily without spending any money, and that's my target for this tournament. I have a job where I can usually take a quick break to run through three matches/hour and I since I'm single and don't go out at night, I can get in a match or two during television commercials. I sleep less than 8 hours, and if I wake up at night, I run through 3 matches before going back to sleep -- basically, I have no "real" life and allow the game to dominate my schedule the way some [what I would call overly religious] folks pray at specific times throughout the day.

Even with that kind of dedication, I have to buy extra energy for a top 15 finish. I spent 1080 to win the Harrier sniper rifle and 560 for the Centipede. I've never even considered trying for a top 5 finish -- that would just be crazy expensive.

At this moment, I'm number 31 on the tournament leaderboard with 1571 APs, but I'll get another energy in a few seconds. I lost one match to break my streak yesterday -- I knew that I should have used a Med Kit, but thought I could probably win without it -- I was wrong.

Edit 3/2/2015: Using the formula I calculated my final number of matches, I'd played 71 matches at this point: 6 [for the initial ramp-up] + 7 [for the loss] + 58 [(1571 - 121)/25] = 71
  • Options
    Yeah the pale horse sucks. Lol. I haven't played a pvp tournament with an assault rifle in a few months. Takes a long time. Lol. I finished with like 6000 points. So **** how many did u have??

By the way, I've found that even though my Centipede has 13120 power, it's not quite as effective as my Pale Horse at 11040 power. The Centipede does 1358 damage with a 750 rate of fire. The Pale Horse doesn't do quite as much damage per shot at 1080, but the 1200 rate of fire more than makes up for it. I was surprised that the power rating wasn't a more accurate measure when comparing guns if they're in different categories.
  • Options
    I finished in 48th place with 4693 APs this tournament. I lost 3 matches, two were my fault and one was a game crash after accepting the match, but before the base loaded. I made note of the AP progression from loss back to the full 25 AP/match award; it's 1 [for the loss]/3/5/7/10/15/20, so here's how I figure my total number of matches played this tournament:

Points for loss recovery to full reward = 1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 10 + 15 + 20 = 61
    Number of full reward matches = (4693 - 60 [for the initial ramp-up] - (3 * 61) [for the 3 losses]) / 25 = 178
    Number of matches = 6 [for the initial ramp-up] + 21 [for the 3 losses] + 178 = 205 matches

I was tempted to buy some energy to get a larger buffer to the 50th place finish for a Frostbite, but I didn't.
  • Options
    KenyanBunnieKenyanBunnie Registered Users 24 Posts
    165th and I probably got about an 4 hours of sleep altogether those couple of days.

25th 2 tournaments ago. I spent almost $200. Yeah. I know.

This last tournament I placed 64th. I spent about $50. I tried so hard getting down to 50 so I could get the weapon, went to sleep last night at 59tg place. I decided there was no way I could get lower, and resigned to my fate.

Next tournament I am not buying anything or attempting to stay awake to play. I'm getting too old.
  • Options
    Tournaments have been starting on Thursday at 3:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and going until 3:00 AM the next Monday. I'm fortunate enough that I can usually break to play quick matches throughout the day while at work on Thursday and Friday. If you're locked into only being able to play on Saturday and Sunday, that'll obviously put you at a severe, even pretty much insurmountable, disadvantage in a tournament.
  • Options

What i usually do to close in to players who are ahead of me is to choose the weaker opponents instead of trying to win to the players who have stronger defence against my attacking power, im just sacrificing my diamonds to do that. That's one reason qhy you noticing players closing on you so fast.