How do Drones work?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
How easy is it to kill a drone?

Answer: A drone is basically a gun turret or rocket launcher that moves as fast as a soldier, but can not hide behind cover.

Do you get a higher diamond reward for defeating a defense with a drone?

Closest answer: The originally stated diamond reward is the amount of diamonds you will receive.

If yes, how many extra diamonds do you get for each type of drone?

Closest answer: Without knowing how many diamonds you would have received without the drone, you can't determine how many extra diamonds you're awarded.

If you defeat a defense with a drone, but do not blow up the drone, do you still get the extra diamond reward?

Answer: Yes, you get the same amount of diamond reward whether you blow up the drone or not.

Does the defensive player get to keep their drone if the attacker does not blow it up, but still defeats the defense?

Answer: To be determined; see questions below.

If you successfully defeat a defense with a drone in it, do you get more drone parts rewarded whether you blow up the drone or not? Do you get more drone parts from defenses that used a drone?

Answer: Not sure, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Maybe it does have to do with the opponents drone parts inventory??
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Question to SAYAYIN - I just defeated your defense and blew up your drone (drone with 1000 power that shoots rockets.) - Did you lose a 1000 power rocket drone from your inventory?

I did not receive any additional diamonds, other than the original stated diamond reward (9057 diamonds).
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Question to BUNPUN: I just defeated your defense with your drone (400 power machine gun drone), but I did not blow up the drone. Did you lose a 400 power machine gun drone out of your inventory?

I did not receive additional diamonds, other than the original stated diamond reward (1959 diamonds.)
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    I have noticed that the drones are lost when your base is defeated. The interesting part is I activated one of them but had another in reserve (or at least I thought) But both were lost in multiple attacks so I don't have any anymore.
    Imreef wrote: »
    I have noticed that the drones are lost when your base is defeated. The interesting part is I activated one of them but had another in reserve (or at least I thought) But both were lost in multiple attacks so I don't have any anymore.

Well I did notice that as soon as I was directed to build my first drone, the game automatically activated it to be used. So as soon as you build a drone, it will be automatically activated and used, unless you press the 'deactivate' button in the drone section.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Questions for GLU:
    Will we be able to use more than one type of drone for our defense in the future?

Will we be able to assign the option to use our entire drone inventory automatically until a single attacker blows them all up?

Or a way to preset the amount of drones we want to use per attack?

Can we get the option to use a drone to help us attack? Drone wars?!!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I like the one about having a drone helping you in an attack. Sometimes it would be nice to have some help.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    How easy is it to kill a drone?

Answer: A drone is basically a gun turret or rocket launcher that moves as fast as a soldier, but can not hide behind cover.

Do you get a higher diamond reward for defeating a defense with a drone?

Closest answer: The originally stated diamond reward is the amount of diamonds you will receive.

If yes, how many extra diamonds do you get for each type of drone?

Closest answer: Without knowing how many diamonds you would have received without the drone, you can't determine how many extra diamonds you're awarded.

If you defeat a defense with a drone, but do not blow up the drone, do you still get the extra diamond reward?

Answer: Yes, you get the same amount of diamond reward whether you blow up the drone or not.

Does the defensive player get to keep their drone if the attacker does not blow it up, but still defeats the defense?

Answer: To be determined; see questions below.

If you successfully defeat a defense with a drone in it, do you get more drone parts rewarded whether you blow up the drone or not? Do you get more drone parts from defenses that used a drone?

Answer: Not sure, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Maybe it does have to do with the opponents drone parts inventory??

I found 1 funny: when I won pvp but not blowed up the drone, I was still shot by drone on the collecting diamond screen. Is that ok? Ios 7,ipad2.