Options

I have a couple concerns about the latest update

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
First off, other than the "Server Maintenance" down time, I had no problems updating to the latest release. I'm playing on a 7-inch Kindle Fire HDX, and got the app through Amazon.

I've noticed that it seems to be much harder to get a PvP match assignment. I often spend a couple minutes (right after the update, it was several minutes) repeatedly pressing "FIND TARGET" before getting an assignment.

Also, while as a high-level player, I appreciate new campaigns, I'm concerned about the PvP matches between low-level players and high-level bases. I think that lower-level players should probably only be assigned matches against bases with defense powers that are fairly comparable with their attack powers. I think that as a community, we want to ensure that the environment allows new players to enjoy playing rather than being frustrated in their attempts to advance.

I started a new player on an iPad a while back, and with an attack power in the 400 range, I kept getting matches against bases with defense powers of 800+. I haven't played that character in a few weeks, but that just wasn't much fun.

I like the Drone defense option that was added, but am less enthusiastic about guns that are going to require enough "parts" to build that it'll take multiple tournaments to complete them. Maybe that'll work out better than I think -- we'll see.

Tournament milestone rewards don't seem to have increased, although the number of APs between milestones certainly has. We used to get 50 gold for 2500 APs, now it's 4000. I saw a post suggesting that as the number of diamonds to upgrade weapons/bases increases, maybe the milestone rewards should also increase. I agreed with that, but this seems to be the opposite -- rewards are the same, but you need even more APs to get them.

I understand the game is a work in progress, and hope that some feedback is appreciated. So long as it's stated reasonably, I like getting feedback -- I may not implement all requested changes, but I've found that some suggested changes improve the user experience of my work.

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Well said and I agree. I'm sure if the forum threads had a 'agree with' option the 'viewed' category would match it.

Find target - I wonder if people not using version 2.0 were excluded from the bank of players you are able to be assigned to, which would explain why there were less players which would mean more time to get assigned to a player. I did find out that GLU put an unseen time clock in the game to determine whether you're eligible to be attacked; whether it looks like you're signed on to the game or not. Again, being able to be attacked while signed on to the game is not a glitch, confirmed by customer care, that is a new game time clock function.

Low/High powered players - I also agree as a player it would make more sense for the PVP algorithm to make attacking/defensive power matching a priority, but using Victory Points entices players to buy gold for upgrades by allowing them to become more powerful without increasing their Victory Points versus players playing for free. However, you made a great point that holds true and cuts into GLU's real world profits; "I haven't played that character in a few weeks."

GLU has continually flirted with the concept of 'pay to play the FULL version of the game', without really having to officially state it as policy. Technically freemium players are playing the same version as paying players, but realistically the game is played very differently if you're not using gold.

Gun parts: Speaking of 'not playing for weeks', I assume more Heavy weapons parts won't be available to win for another 4 weeks. 1st week Heavy, 2nd week Assault Rifle, 3rd week Sniper, 4 week Tesla, 5 week Heavy weapon parts again.

GLU adds weapons pretty frequently. How many PVP tournaments is GLU is going to offer the Atlas parts? After they're not available to win, will remaining Atlas parts be able in the store and at what cost?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    IamreadyIamready Registered Users 224 Posts
    PythonDjango exactly the diamonds being offered is too low compared to the amount we need for updgrade of base and guns,also the gold being offered at 2500 ap changed to 4000 ap is very very bad,i was following David t strategy of playing for 2500 ap to get gold,he gave me the idea,but now 4000 ap seems a lot!!! and the 5 gold we used to get for each level up is also gone as the update automatically took us to level 70,This is real bad GLU!!give us the diamonds when you are releasing an update or else make the level higher to 90 or 100!i am not playing the open contracts until the next update!really bad glu