Options

how pvp battles are chosen

tony1000000tony1000000 Registered Users 2 Posts
I realize that a pvp is decided by the victory points but it seems useless for someone who has a 420 power to go against a bast with 11250 power defense. just wasting my time. very frustrating. it seems that all i get is bases that are untouchable unless i spend a fortune to build up my stuff. i thoroughly enjoyed this game until this last update because i have had no chance of winning a pvp battle since now all i do is waste my diamonds because how the are chosen buy the system.

Comments

• Options
    tony1000000tony1000000 Registered Users 2 Posts
    another question is the cash won from missions completed. i know that it can be used to upgrade base for the first 2 tiers. but what is it used for after that. should be able to purchase something with it. grenades rockets knives medpacks. something.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    another question is the cash won from missions completed. i know that it can be used to upgrade base for the first 2 tiers. but what is it used for after that. should be able to purchase something with it. grenades rockets knives medpacks. something.
    You can use cash to upgrade 3 of 4 categories for Sniper and Assault rifles; at least the cash bought Sniper/AR's; not sure about the gold bought Sniper/AR's.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    You can use cash to upgrade 3 of 4 categories for Sniper and Assault rifles; at least the cash bought Sniper/AR's; not sure about the gold bought Sniper/AR's.

I've bought sniper/AR by gold before, and it looks like all Sniper/AR do need cash to upgrade.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I posted a similar thread about matchups when the Brazil campaign was released:
    I have a couple concerns about the latest update
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I may be in the minority of high-level players, but I don't even like to be assigned low-defense opponents. The only challenge I can make of matches with powers of less than 4000 is to try to kill all of the guns/guards before taking out the player avatar in less than one minute. Even though my heavy gun is an Atlas, I find short range matches of about 8000+ challenging, even more so when they include a drone, and I may lose a non-drone 9000+ match unless I'm careful.

Long range matches are a different story, with my Frostbite Tesla rifle (power 12000) I have no problem taking out opponents with an 18000 defense rating and can probably take out a fully upgraded tier-8 base. IMHO, Tesla rifles rule.

Anyway, I accept matches against lower level opponents to harvest diamonds, but they're no challenge and little fun.
  • Options
    Long range matches are a different story, with my Frostbite Tesla rifle (power 12000) I have no problem taking out opponents with an 18000 defense rating and can probably take out a fully upgraded tier-8 base. IMHO, Tesla rifles rule.
    I agree that short range defenses are more difficult than long range. I also agree that the 'star rating' used doesn't apply to Tesla's capabilities compared to the other types of weapons, even when they have the same power ratings. But the star rating is just a generalization of power ratings. A 10000 power rated Sniper(7 stars) is similar to the capabilities of a 4000 power rated Tesla (5 stars). But then again, a 15000 defensive rating can be just as difficult to defeat as a 11040 defensive rating; depending on what part of the defense was upgraded.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Chasb30_06Chasb30_06 Registered Users 4 Posts
    The problem I have is the disparity between the number of diamonds I lose relative to the number available when I attack or revenge. I regularly lose between 4000 and 7000 and when I seek an opponent it is rarely more than 2000. How are the amounts chosen?
  • Options
    Chasb30_06 wrote: »
    How are the amounts chosen?
    The amount of diamonds you gain is determined by the amount of diamonds your opponent has. So, if you defeated someone with 10,000 diamonds, you might get 1,000 diamonds as a reward.

When you get 5000 diamonds stolen from you, I would guess you have 45,000 diamonds left. If you had 7000 diamonds stolen from you, I would guess you have 63,000 diamonds left.
    iPhone 4, usually.