Beware of Update for Amazon App Store!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Restarting this morning sent me to update at the Amazon App store, but there was only an Open button, no Update button. I went to Google Play - they did have an Update button, used that and lost all XP, AP, Weapons, Base upgrades, Gold, Money, everything! Started me back on the tutorial. This was at roughly 5 AM est.

Beware to all Android users that downloaded this from Amazon! Make sure there is an Update option! Hopefully, sending in a ticket will help me recover, or am I wishing in futility? Loosing 6.0+ weapons and base, I'm not going to start all over again...

Comments

• GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Something I became aware of this past week is that there are essentially 3 versions of the game: iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon. Even though Google Play and Amazon are based on the Android Operating System, they are different installs and players are in different "arenas" . I assume the reason for this because of the in-game purchases.

Bottom line, like @try_again stated, is make sure you are running an update from the original app store that you downloaded from.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    My problem was that Contract Killer Sniper sent me to the correct update site, but, at the time I was sent there, maybe Amazon still had the older version I had, and only offered the button to Open the app which didn't do anything. There was no Upgrade at that time. Maybe things have changed since this morning.

I rated this app 5 stars and was really enjoying it. Now, I'm out of everything I put into it.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    try_again: please contact Customer care from within the game settings and explain what happened. Hopefully they can investigate and help you get back where you were.
    Francis wrote: »
    try_again: please contact Customer care from within the game settings and explain what happened. Hopefully they can investigate and help you get back where you were.

That would be great! Just contacted them through the game as you advised, and waiting with baited breath!
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Ok great. just keep in mind that there may not be a way to restore. updating from a different store usually overwrites whatever happened previously on the device. Hopefully they can figure out a way to get you going again.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Francis wrote: »
    Ok great. just keep in mind that there may not be a way to restore. updating from a different store usually overwrites whatever happened previously on the device. Hopefully they can figure out a way to get you going again.

Playing glu games on kindle devices sucks. They usually make u wait days for updates. I stopped playing games on kindle. Great devices for kids but not for gaming
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    Something I became aware of this past week is that there are essentially 3 versions of the game: iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon. Even though Google Play and Amazon are based on the Android Operating System, they are different installs and players are in different "arenas" . I assume the reason for this because of the in-game purchases.

Bottom line, like @try_again stated, is make sure you are running an update from the original app store that you downloaded from.

^^^^ This
    If you originally installed from Amazon App Store, I would stick with that version of the game. Amazon App Store and Google Play users are separated in this game.
    happy gaming
  • hollaatmehollaatme Registered Users 7 Posts
    So did you get a reply from them? Don't leave us waiting OP.
    hollaatme wrote: »
    So did you get a reply from them? Don't leave us waiting OP.

Like Frances said, contacting Glu in-game, response was very quick and effective. I have everything back, including my handle. Hard to believe, uninstalling Contract Killer Sniper (the "Google Play Store" version), then installing the "Amazon App Store" version, it would find all my original XP, AP, weapons - everything. It jumped me half way into the next level, missed playing those missions and getting money for them, but I'm not complaining!

Interesting difference between the two versions, while the Google version had a lot of videos to get free items during my playing to level 17, there were also too many interruptions for other game adds (although I didn't mind seeing Kate Upton any ;) ), the Amazon version has no such game add interruptions. Still waiting to upgrade my base to upgrade weapons and play more missions to see if there's any videos for med kits, hand grenades, and law rockets. Had no videos like the latter in the Amazon previous version, either, so there's some plus and minus for either version, maybe.

Again, I'm enjoying CKS very much - thanks to Customer Care!
  • hollaatmehollaatme Registered Users 7 Posts
    Good to hear you got your game back..

See you in PVP :).