PVP League Event prizes?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Apple/iOS

Just wondering what the prizes were for each PVP league and also wondering how many people got assigned. I stopped playing the Global event after reaching 4000AP and ended up in 640th place.

Did anyone stop after 8500AP and if so, what was your rank? Gold league players, are you getting any of the elusive wing parts for the highest ranked drones?

Silver league prizes are parts for the Atlas (Heavy weapon)
1st place - 20 parts
2nd-3rd - 16 parts
4th-6th - 12 parts
7th-10th - 10 parts
11th-20th - 5 parts

BTW - The Silver league milestone prizes are laughable and need to be fixed. 4000VP for 50 gold, but we only get a maximum of 2VP per match and 24 hours to do it in?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    David, I ranked 17th & won the Atlas heavy gun. We have basically the same stats as you guys. First place wins 25 parts towards the shamrock tesla gun. Along the way if we hit those crazy milestones we win the top ranked drones. I agree how are we supposed to hit those milestones in 24 hours?? It's crazy not to mention to hit first place it will cost a small fortune. My last heavy gun the Pale maxed out at a little over 11k so you would think the Atlas starting out at 24k would be awesome...Wrong!! You have to upgrade it a lot as it overheats fast & shoots slow to start. My Pale horse or whatever it's called is actually better fully upgraded then the Atlas not upgraded. Go figure. If I had it to do over again I would have spent my money differently. Oh well lesson learned.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I noticed the same thing about the Pale Horse -- most Heavy Guns have a fully upgraded 900 rate of fire, but the Pale Horse's is 1200. That's a huge difference, but doesn't seem to be reflected in its power rating.

I felt that my fully upgraded Flail (1200 power) was far less effective than the Pale Horse. However, I'm not so sure about the Atlas being less effective than the Pale Horse due to its much higher damage, but I agree that I thought the difference would be far greater than it is -- it certainly doesn't feel like more than twice the gun. That being said, I didn't equip my Atlas until I'd upgraded its damage and rate of fire to level 1, then I did the final Brazil heavy Gun challenge mission and used those diamonds to finish the level 1 upgrades.

I think that the league event is pretty horrible. I'm playing PvP matches because I need diamonds to upgrade my Atlas gun (and base), but I have no use for Atlas parts and wish that I could opt-out of the event so that someone who needs the parts could win them. Maybe the league milestones are designed to be hit over the course of multiple league events, but even if that's the case, the prizes are quite meager and the milestones are way too far apart.

As the tournament was ending, I looked at the leaderboard and think that the top 11 were over the 8500 level. I meant to note my own APs, but didn't. I finished 29th and didn't lose any PvP matches; I think that my streak was 240 at the end, which would be 5910 APs. I had to buy energy to finish in the top 30 though -- 276 gold's worth, for 41 energy, corresponding to 1025 of my APs.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I agree about the milestones - even the minimum prize taking 500 AP by my calcs would take 1193 in gold to attain.

I'm sure no one wants to pay that just for special drones! I expect another update???
  • perper Registered Users 7 Posts
    And why is in mystery box prize like 5000dollars u got to be kidding me if so why u nonprofit guys put a option in game to trade between ingame cash for gold.....su....rs
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    per wrote: »
    And why is in mystery box prize like 5000dollars u got to be kidding me if so why u nonprofit guys put a option in game to trade between ingame cash for gold.....su....rs

I think you are mistaken on what a Nonprofit Organization is.

A Nonprofit Organization do not pay income tax on money they earn from fundraising activities or donations. The organization mus further a religious, charitable, scientific, literary, educational, public safety, amateur sports or cruelty prevention purpose to qualify.

I believe you are thinking of a Free-to-play company. Free-to-play refers to video games which give players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. Users are allowed to use real cash to gain access to premium features and/or virtual goods, this is what is referred to as a Freemium game.

Anyways, I'll report the concerns that were brought up in this thread.
    ...wish that I could opt-out of the event so that someone who needs the parts could win them.

Personally I like this idea.
  • BrendanFBrendanF Registered Users 80 Posts
    per wrote: »

Why would you think Glu is a non-profit company?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Oh Handles....really? Please don't pollute this thread with that nonsense political rhetoric. Wikipedia definitions to explain that 'free' is just a term that doesn't mean free and internet law hasn't been defined in real world terms yet. Come on. 'Free non-winnable game or pay us to win for you' is as close to the truth as using the word free in 'free-to-play', as it pertains to this game.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    Oh Handles....really? Please don't pollute this thread with that nonsense political rhetoric. Wikipedia definitions to explain that 'free' is just a term that doesn't mean free and internet law hasn't been defined in real world terms yet. Come on. 'Free non-winnable game or pay us to win for you' is as close to the truth as using the word free in 'free-to-play', as it pertains to this game.

My response was not nonsense, the user incorrectly used the term Nonprofit and I cleared it up. I also reported that I was taking this threads info to report to the team about the event and that I personally thought one of the options PythonDjango brought up was a good idea.

It sounds like that makes sense as opposed to nonsense.
    Handles wrote: »
    My response was not nonsense, the user incorrectly used the term Nonprofit and I cleared it up. I also reported that I was taking this threads info to report to the team about the event and that I personally thought one of the options PythonDjango brought up was a good idea.

It sounds like that makes sense as opposed to nonsense.

You jumped on the word 'nonprofit' because you could. 95% of your response did not address the customer's concern, while the other 5% was "Anyways, I report the concerns". The customer explained that they thought it was unfair that the mystery box offered the possibility of paying 20 gold to win 5000 cash. - Do you have a response to their concern?
    iPhone 4, usually.
    They are welcome to their opinion on that not being fair. However you can easily get the 20 gold for free from watching videos so I really don't see how it is unfair.
    Handles wrote: »
    They are welcome to their opinion on that not being fair. However you can easily get the 20 gold for free from watching videos so I really don't see how it is unfair.

I agree that it makes more sense to spend 10 minutes of our time to watch 20 videos for 20 gold, which is a much better deal for us, the customers. We can watch videos whenever they are available and whenever we choose to watch them. We tend to choose the best available option for us, and the mystery box structure continues to be the least rewarding option. So we could say watching videos for gold is more fair and the mystery box is the least fair, but we often label the least fair choice as 'unfair'.

So my interpretation of what 'per' was stating would be "why does GLU offer a mystery box that is the least fair to us?" And you might say "The mystery box is just a choice. Choose the best option available for you."

Although that response doesn't offer a better solution, it does address the customer's concerns. And if you can determine that watching videos for gold is an option for them, depending on what platform of the game they are playing, you could offer another choice for them to choose, which could be watching videos for gold.

I respect the position you're in where both GLU and GLU's customers are your customers and I think offering options is a very effective way to address both customer's concerns.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    ...Maybe the league milestones are designed to be hit over the course of multiple league events...
    That was my original question as soon as I was aware of the 'Craft' section. Unless the specific weapon parts are offered in the store, I don't see how the majority of players aren't going to end up with extra parts to weapons they already have, or not enough parts to ever be able to complete the weapon. GLU releases new weapons all of the time and it wouldn't make any sense to offer parts for old weapons in new PVP tournaments.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Update:

The team is reviewing the milestones and are going to look into redoing them to make them more attainable. No ETA on the change just yet though.
  • perper Registered Users 7 Posts
    Its not much too rewiev judt look at the all time leaderboard and its all cristal clear that some of u guys must be using some strong mushrooms
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    @PythaonDjango, I wonder if you win the Atlas from last week tournament, it's mean that you should be in Gold league in this week and to collect the parts of Shamrock other than part of Atlas !!?
    I was finished about 54 then I get some parts of Atlas, but I still qualify to attend the Gold league, but I have to start collect the Shamrock. Now I saw new milestone for gold league which including the Leviathan!
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    @PythaonDjango, I wonder if you win the Atlas from last week tournament, it's mean that you should be in Gold league in this week and to collect the parts of Shamrock other than part of Atlas !!?
    I was finished about 54 then I get some parts of Atlas, but I still qualify to attend the Gold league, but I have to start collect the Shamrock. Now I saw new milestone for gold league which including the Leviathan!

I recall that you needed 8500 APs in the tournament to qualify got the Gold league, and I ended up with just under 6000 (for a 29th place finish). I think that maybe it's another of those issues that GLU needs to evaluate about league event (along with milestones and "room sizes"). My silver league room had only one other person yesterday, and today there are only 2 others, but oddly enough, the other player from yesterday isn't one of them.

I "won" 16 Atlas parts yesterday, and will again today, but the Atlas isn't even in my "Craft" menu, presumably because I already own it.
  • saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    it wud be good if we are given a compensation of atleast 1 gold for each piece of the gun we already own
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    On the Android system, 30th rank requires around 18000 AP, which was the craziest tournament recently. Those players who ranked over 30th and 8500 AP are rewarded parts of different weapon.