Options

PVP Points

Mikedew60Mikedew60 Registered Users 3 Posts
How do you earn 25000 points in a PVP Tournament? That's 1000 contest @ 25 points each. If it takes an avg of 3 mins per contest it takes 50 hours. I'm I missing something. Do the reward point increase higher than 25 at some point.

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Mikedew60 wrote: »
    How do you earn 25000 points in a PVP Tournament? That's 1000 contest @ 25 points each. If it takes an avg of 3 mins per contest it takes 50 hours. I'm I missing something. Do the reward point increase higher than 25 at some point.

25AP is the maximum you receive per match. 50 hours is 12 hours a day for 4 days. But it takes less than 1 minute per match when you have a powerful enough weapon, so it's more like 4 hours a day.

7110AP is the maximum possible score you can achieve while only using the 3 energy per hour for 96 hours. However, playing for 96 hours is fairly unrealistic, even if you include the possibility of only having to play every 50 minutes.

So, 25000AP - 7110AP = 17890AP divided by 25 = approx 716 matches/energy. 716 energy @ 3 energy per 20 gold = 4773 gold. 4773 gold @ 3200 gold per $99.99 = $149.15 real world money.

If we pretend that the amount of free energy and gold you can receive through watching videos is equal to the loss of AP you lose by not playing every 50 minutes for 96 hours and without ever losing a match and without game glitches, I think it's reasonable to say that 25000AP will cost you a minimum of $150.00.

Now you might ask, "are people with 25000AP really spending $150.00?". And I would respond with "maybe".

Or it could be people that were able to utilize the game glitch that offered them 1 energy for 1 dollar of game cash (not real world cash).
    Or it could be that they were offered more gold through video watching at a faster rate than the rest of us.
    Or that they do spend more time on the game checking to see if watching videos for gold are available.
    Or there are hacked versions of the game that allow more energy and/or gold then the game was designed to offer.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    That's assuming no sleep, no losses, and no service interruptions/glitches that cost you a match; otherwise, it costs a bit more, and the same folks seem to be on top week after week, so I'm suspecting glitches or hacks.

I've invested $230 total so far and honestly feel a little stupid for doing so. Maybe it's not that unusual for modern online games, but my background has been that you buy a game like StarCraft or WarCraft for like $60 (tops). Then you install it and play as much as you want, for as long as you want. I never made the jump to WoW or any of the other "monthly subscription" games.

I just keep reminding myself that I've gotten a lot of hours of enjoyment out of playing, and that I'd have spent a lot more than that doing almost anything else -- even basic TWC cable costs me over $80/month, just to watch television. I told myself "no more", but I'm almost out of gold, so I might...
  • Options
    Mikedew60Mikedew60 Registered Users 3 Posts
    That's assuming no sleep, no losses, and no service interruptions/glitches that cost you a match; otherwise, it costs a bit more, and the same folks seem to be on top week after week, so I'm suspecting glitches or hacks.

I've invested $230 total so far and honestly feel a little stupid for doing so. Maybe it's not that unusual for modern online games, but my background has been that you buy a game like StarCraft or WarCraft for like $60 (tops). Then you install it and play as much as you want, for as long as you want. I never made the jump to WoW or any of the other "monthly subscription" games.

I just keep reminding myself that I've gotten a lot of hours of enjoyment out of playing, and that I'd have spent a lot more than that doing almost anything else -- even basic TWC cable costs me over $80/month, just to watch television. I told myself "no more", but I'm almost out of gold, so I might...

I have spent some real money on this game but think I'm done till things change to the better. When I first started I never had diamonds stolen from my safe, only from production. Now I can't build enough to upgrade base or weapons and it's pretty much impossible to finish high enough in a tourney to win anything significant. It's obvious to me that people are hacking the game so why doesn't glu stop them. It's still a fun game but could be made better. Maybe they are trying to get you to spend more real money.
  • Options
    bnmanibnmani Registered Users 11 Posts
    All these guys are using hacks.. just imaging if they played continuously and watching videos continuously how they will get so much of gold to buy powerful weapons and endless energy and score more than 25000 points in 46 hrs.. its fkng crazy and these glu dont have any control on it fkrs