Who's in which PvP league?

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
I'm player PYTHONDJANGO, and in the silver league. At the moment, my league VP score is 56 and ranked as #1 in the league. However, I only see one other player listed on the league leaderboard, JIMID12366.

Are people boycotting the league event, or have we been pushed into a separate "room"? It's hard to believe that only 2 people are playing in the silver league.

I won an Atlas in the tournament, so while I want diamonds to to upgrade it, I have no use for "Atlas parts", unless parts are interchangeable and allow you to build other guns. I'm close to having enough diamonds for another gun upgrade, so will get it from my base economy rather than more PvP until after the league tournament ends. I'll let the other guy have a shot at the #1 spot in case he needs the parts to complete his gun.

Still, I think it's really weird that I only see two of us.

Comments

• GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Remember that there are 3 different versions of the game based on app store (iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon), and each version has its own "arena". You and I are in the Amazon Arena, which I believe is by far the smallest. For my part I didn't participate this weekend because I was out of town but more importantly I haven't been able to open version 2.0 yet (getting error message during loading and waiting on confirmation that recommended fix of "Clear data" won't eliminate my progress).

Congrats on the Top 30 finish by the way.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Thanks for the info and congratulations -- I got knocked down to 31 within 5 minutes of the tournament's end, so quickly bought a final energy, got a PvP assignment with about 2 minutes to go and played it quick to finish with a few seconds to spare, finishing in at 29.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the new update; I hope GLU can get it worked out for you.
  • CAZCAZ Registered Users 1 Posts
    Python, my player name is CAZ and I chased you all weekend. I was good until around 5 pm EDT when my Kindle started lagging badly....I was at around 170 wins in a row....having to restart the point clock cost me and around midnight I knew that I would have to buy gold to keep in the running and I didn't want to...I finished 36th. I was ****ed at the game and my family heard it...LOL. Congrats to you, man.

I am also in a lobby with only me and another....ACE1963. We are running neck and neck.

See ya out there!
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Remember that there are 3 different versions of the game based on app store (iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon), and each version has its own "arena". You and I are in the Amazon Arena, which I believe is by far the smallest. For my part I didn't participate this weekend because I was out of town but more importantly I haven't been able to open version 2.0 yet (getting error message during loading and waiting on confirmation that recommended fix of "Clear data" won't eliminate my progress).

Congrats on the Top 30 finish by the way.

There must be more than 2 Amazon Silver leagues, there's 3 in this one; sbdman, b1 and java7. Seemed weird to me too that only 3 are playing in a tournament? I'm mid-east coast US, so there are probably more small groups than we know of.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I'm in a gold league on ios download and we have 26 players. Must be nice to only have such small teams!
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Apple/iOS silver league update (6 hours to end):

#1 has 104 League VP.
    #10 has 80 VP.
    #30 has 6 VP.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Got my device back up and running yesterday and played my first PVP around 6:30pm EDT yesterday, I think just under 8 hours before the end of the 24 hour tournament. Was placed by myself in a Bronze league. When I went to bed at 11:00 I was still by myself. Woke up this morning to the news that I WON my league, that's right #1 baby. Woohoo! Started the new 24 hour event around 6:00 this morning and as of 8:45 I am still the only one in my Bronze league. I think Glu has some tweaking to do on how they assign players to leagues. Not that I am complaining.
    I've got 3 in my Silver league today; myself and players named BRAVER and BULLDOG. BRAVER is playing a fair number of matches, so I should be able to continue hunting for diamonds to upgrade my Atlas and still allow someone else to take the #1 prize. The way things stand, BULLDOG will take 3rd with a single win, and since 2 and 3 get the same prize, I feel less constrained than yesterday (assuming that BRAVER doesn't stop playing).
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    I'm player PYTHONDJANGO, and in the silver league. At the moment, my league VP score is 56 and ranked as #1 in the league. However, I only see one other player listed on the league leaderboard, JIMID12366.

Are people boycotting the league event, or have we been pushed into a separate "room"? It's hard to believe that only 2 people are playing in the silver league.

I won an Atlas in the tournament, so while I want diamonds to to upgrade it, I have no use for "Atlas parts", unless parts are interchangeable and allow you to build other guns. I'm close to having enough diamonds for another gun upgrade, so will get it from my base economy rather than more PvP until after the league tournament ends. I'll let the other guy have a shot at the #1 spot in case he needs the parts to complete his gun.

Still, I think it's really weird that I only see two of us.[/QUOTE

Now I know you are in Amazon platform which is not so complicate like us.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    First day - only 3 players. Second day, just me! Third day after two forced restarts for updates, 6 players in one of the Silver Amazon tournaments plus milestones that now make PVP worthwhile.

Maybe I shouldn't admit this (GLU - please don't muck this up), but tournaments are very good for increasing all resources except XP if you stay online. I'm very impressed with the 2.0 update now. Kudos to the programmers.

Would be nice to have some videos for gold, so, not quite perfect!
    Today, I only see one other player on the leaderboard again, this time named CARL58. I'm going to try for a run to 100 VPs to get the 50 gold. I'll stop if I reach that goal, but I may not be able to play as much today because I'll be working with my boss, so may not be able to get to the game much during the day. Yesterday, I did the math after the milestone thresholds were adjusted and realized that I couldn't get to 100 without buying energy, so I stopped at 76. I'm just in the league event for the diamonds and maybe some gold; as already noted, Atlas parts do me no good.
  • KenyanBunnieKenyanBunnie Registered Users 24 Posts
    I play on my iPhone. So I guess iTunes. I'm KenyanBunnie.
    Rank #1 with 100 points. 1-30. Silver Leauge. It's not much of a competition since the people in my Leauge aren't aggressive. Which I don't mind. I like being #1.

I'm just waiting for this to be over so I can use my weapon in the Campaign challenges. Or at least I think I'll be able to use this new weapon. Right?
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Player which play in gold league are very aggressive to get Shamrock parts. The winner both days has more than 600 AP.
  • KenyanBunnieKenyanBunnie Registered Users 24 Posts
    I can imagine Gold Leauge has all the top players. Right? With their thousands upon thousands of gold bars.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I play on my iPhone. So I guess iTunes. I'm KenyanBunnie.
    Rank #1 with 100 points. 1-30. Silver Leauge.
    I also play on an iPhone and am in a Silver League and you are not on my leader board at all, so I guess that is more proof that there are multiple iOS Silver leagues that we are assigned to.

All three Silver Leagues I've been assigned to have had more than 30 players in them, and the players don't seem to be the same in each round of League play. So I wonder if each League is assigned a maximum of 60 players, and the players that say they are placed in a 2 person league are just the lucky ones left out of the pairing of 60 players.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq Registered Users 37 Posts
    I'm also in the silver league, Ranked #1 as well, their were about 30 people in my group. Still waiting on my 5 remaining Atlas parts!