Options

Over 8500 AP in less than a day?????

RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
C'mon man! How the heck can anybody legitimately score 8500+ AP in less than 24 hours???? That's double the next closest player! Is that even legitimately possible in the time even if you spend real money?

Comments

• Options
    HALO22HALO22 Registered Users 5 Posts
    According to my math. A player must win 4250 games straight, 2 AP points in the event during the week. If it was done in 24hrs, that would average to a win every 20 secs with do delays between matches.
    Weekend match at an average of 25 AP earn, it would take
  • Options
    2270 gold pieces. So for $100 and 24 hrs of no life it could happen on a weekend.
    I call Bull **** if it happened during the week.
    FYI, my highest Win Streak for an entire weekend I think was 275, when I was laid up in bed with nothing else to do.
  • Options
    The leader in the current PvP event sits now over 8700 AP. I just can't see how that's even possible. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    HALO22 wrote: »
    According to my math. A player must win 4250 games straight, 2 AP points in the event during the week. If it was done in 24hrs, that would average to a win every 20 secs with do delays between matches.
    Weekend match at an average of 25 AP earn, it would take

If it were Victory Points (VPs), you'd be right, but Assassin Points (APs) would be 3 + 5 + 7 + 10 + 15 + 20 = 60 for the first 6 wins plus (8500 - 60) points/25 points per win = 6 + 337.6, so 344 straight wins would yield 8510 APs. Don't get me wrong, that's still a lot of matches, and a very unlikely streak. At 3 energy points/hour, 345 energy would take 115 hours to acquire, or 4.8 days without missing any plays, which would be a long time to go without more than probably 50 minutes of sleep at a time.

Obviously that can't be done without buying or hacking a lot of gold to buy energy, and why would anyone spend so much to build up such a ridiculous margin of victory -- it simply doesn't pass any reasonable "smell test".
  • Options
    It definitely doesn't pass the smell test. Just go to the game and look at the leaderboard. He's over 9000 AP now and it's not been 24 hours yet for the whole event! I smell a rat!
  • Options
    Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    No doubt about Hack is done with the top players, pretty sure no money is paid for such rediculous gold. Especially, they are always on Top with the same high score every week.
  • Options
    Agreed, that's the point I was try to say earlier however continuously got booted before finishing my entire thought.
    It absolutely doesn't add up and GLU should look into it, hell it is there money they are loosing. It takes the fun of competition away from the rest of us and steers us to stop playing.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    ...continuously got booted before finishing my entire thought.
    LOL, I totally agree.
    It absolutely doesn't add up and GLU should look into it, hell it is there money they are loosing.
    The only thing GLU is going to look into is whether their bank account has more money in it, hackers or not. If people end up paying GLU more money to try to compete with hackers, GLU will keep hackers.
    It takes the fun of competition away from the rest of us and steers us to stop playing.
    "steers us to stop playing" - now if you change that to "steers us to stop paying" and can prove why, then you have GLU's attention, if not, refer back to 'bank account'.

Having said that, I think GLU is reminding us too often that their game is about how much money they can get from us and it's a little naive for us to think how much 'free' stuff people offer.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    LOL, I totally agree.The only thing GLU is going to look into is whether their bank account has more money in it, hackers or not. If people end up paying GLU more money to try to compete with hackers, GLU will keep hackers."steers us to stop playing" - now if you change that to "steers us to stop paying" and can prove why, then you have GLU's attention, if not, refer back to 'bank account'.

Having said that, I think GLU is reminding us too often that their game is about how much money they can get from us and it's a little naive for us to think how much 'free' stuff people offer.

Simple,they are Glu game tester. They can gain 1964k AP or VP if needed ;)
    Just focus on yr rank
  • Options
    The leader is now over 14000 AP in less than 2 days. You'd think the GLU guys could see that just as easily as we can. There's no way that can be legit.
  • Options
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    The leader is now over 14000 AP in less than 2 days. You'd think the GLU guys could see that just as easily as we can. There's no way that can be legit.

It is more than possible even in 8 hours a day, but is it probable that it's legit? Maybe, maybe not.

The problem GLU has is looking at the player history to determine what and when a possible hack was used. If all hacks start with robbing the game of counterfeit virtual currency, then sure they can just look at the history of how the top players received their first set of currency. But, if there are hacks that you can use intermittently throughout the game, then GLU would have to look at every currency transaction; including bought currency, free currency, and earned currency. GLU can only look into our accounts, but they can't look into our individual game on our local device that connects to their servers.

The other thing to consider is that some players were able to 'legitimately exploit' a game glitch that offered them the option to buy energy with game cash. Something like 1 energy for 1 game cash. It wouldn't have taken that long to legitimately gain 1 million game cash to convert that into 1 million energy bars. Somewhat 'endless' energy + level powered Tesla/Heavy weapons + 8 hours of game play = 12000AP.

A few ques that do make it more obvious to spot a hack:
    Same player gaining the exact same high score over and over again.
    Continuously and consistently gaining points for 96 hours straight, without breaks.
    And the most obvious, having a lot of gold without a gold purchase history.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    You're way overthinking it. Bottom line is the top say 5-10 are way over performing everyone. It's cheating one way or another. No way it's legit in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    You're way overthinking it. Bottom line is the top say 5-10 are way over performing everyone. It's cheating one way or another. No way it's legit in any way shape or form.

Oh yeah I am! That's the fun part! But you can't just say winners are cheaters because they outperform the competition; especially when people continue to spend more money trying to compete with said 'cheaters'. Bottom line, if you want GLU to look for cheaters you have to find a way that it makes sense for GLU to look for them.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    That's not the way to seperate me from my money. If anything it just makes me wanna know what they've done and how they did it. If you can't beat 'em join 'em!
  • Options
    Robek1Robek1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Glu is why do it? message does not cause people to play. with mich friends began to play more than 20 people now have two. why? because it makes no sense to fight when you can not win or even be close to winning! people write that began play as it was cheaper energy. ok but I could not buy it because you can buy only one at a time so I had to buy this energy every day - every moment, of course, to Glu seen that they do. So just ignore it help a crook or are people working with Glu. nobody seems to play hundreds of real money every day or a week just to win and it would have to be the amount of hundreds of dollars. I play for fun, and I'm not going to spend your money as you can what they think they can win something too, so do it at the end of Glu do something.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Hey all,

I have gone over this thread and others about hack/mods and will be reporting my findings (and yours) to the dev team to be looked into.
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    As someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on this game, I see it as possible for the top players to have spent thousands of dollars to constantly attain high ranks. A while back I saw members on this forum who had a glitch that allowed them to purchase full energy refills for in-game cash instead of gold.

IF this glitch affected a number of people it's possible they could have purchased hundreds if not thousands of full energy refills. I myself have also looked at the availability of hacks to get infinite gold in this game and it appears something may exist. Most of the downloads ask for those questionable surveys to complete the process.

I hope that Glu spends the time and effort to make this game fair for all players. This includes reporting working hacks and workarounds for gold that legitimate players spend a lot of money and time attaining.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Update:

I have spoken with the team and yes it is possible for this to happen. We have confirmed that we have a number of players that play a whole lot of matches per day that can get to this point.

There is no confirmation on any actual hack/mod being used here.
  • Options
    Robek1Robek1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    can be found on the android mod. I say not here for defrauded applications or data Phishing encourage purchases. Although you need to look but it is. I think that a lot of people with a desire to bought gold may some smaller amounts but it would make sense to play and fight if they had a chance of crooks. I really like this game and although I do not cheat on and I'm playing around 300-400. people who like me May the family, work, homes and children's interactive play it more as they do not have a chance.
  • Options
    Sorry Handles but it's not reasonably possible. These people are not spending hundreds of dollars every day to win this game. They're either hacking or in with the company. I don't accept your answer. to do what's going on they have no life but this game and unlimited money to spend if we accept your premise. That's pretty pathetic. I'm not buying it. Given that you can only have 3 fights per hour without paying for more it's just not believable that these guys are spending the money to always win. It's one thing to binge here and there. It's another to always way overperform everyone else. Something's fishy.
  • Options
    Whether or not there are glitch exploiters, hacks, mods, game testers, etc...it doesn't really matter, if the results are that the same players are always winning and everyone else stops trying to compete. People eventually give up once they perceive winning as an unattainable goal.

If everything is legit and GLU has hit their perfect scenario of 30 players paying thousands of dollars on this game, then great for GLU. A few clients paying great money, sounds perfect! Although less players paying to play probably means less fun for the players that pay the most to compete, and less players using the forum; might work in GLU's favor due to the increase in complaints posted. I guess we will see what happens.

If you're in customer service you might want to check out the poem by Martin Niemöller "First they came ..."
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Update:

I have spoken with the team and yes it is possible for this to happen. We have confirmed that we have a number of players that play a whole lot of matches per day that can get to this point.

There is no confirmation on any actual hack/mod being used here.

I understand that the points are possible but the real question is if the gold they are using are bought legally or added via a hack? Should be really easy to check, or... but I guess GLU doesn't want to address this.

I'm pretty sure there is no way the same people are in top 10 every week if they have to pay real money for the gold they used.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    WingerWinger Registered Users 3 Posts
    Let's look at it from a legal standpoint: If you download the game (virtually) and then purchase gold (for real life money) you and the seller are entering some sort of legally binding contract for either services or goods, thus also acknowledging that the contracts clauses are associated with certain rights, privileges, obligations, and duties, equally for both parties.

If I am being cheated by a third party (e.g. hackers) based on GLU's negligence then it is GLU's responsibility to stop it with immediate effect. As we are speaking of only 20-30 known 'suspects' it should be rather easy for GLU to look into their account activities and simply ban them from playing due to breach of contract. After all, these folks have downloaded the game at one pint and agreed to the terms and conditions. Opinions?
  • Options
    @Winger - You ARE winging this argument, but not winning the argument. Take a gander at GLU's "Terms of Use". In addition to those disclosures, you're talking about the current grey area of law as it pertains to internet related intellectual property and trying to apply it to business law. The laws are still being figured out on a Federal level, so you could definitely make a name for yourself if you can prove this argument in Federal Court.

So far, the only 'out of the box' possibility would be to say that by hacking, it infers an employment agreement between the hacker and GLU to work collaboratively on adding features to the software.; But that's kind of like a graffiti artist breaking into a home, spray painting the walls, and then trying to sue the home owner for their artistic addition that was never agreed on to administer. It doesn't matter if the home owner knowingly left their front door unlocked, it's still breaking and entering.

However, if you were able to win that argument and use the premise of intellectual property being a form of biological property, you might be able to use the legal precedent of GMO farmers suing surrounding farmers for 'stealing' their patented 'annual non-seed producing' GMO seed; even though 'nature did it', you might have a case. In my opinion, the GMO issue is kind of like modifying a virus strain in your body, 'verbally' spreading it, and suing everyone that caught your cold without permission.
    iPhone 4, usually.