Options

buy new gun by cash

evdnollevdnoll Registered Users 8 Posts
Currently I am level 41 @and I have guns with a power of 1700. I have bought these gun for 65.000 each earlier this game. In the shop I cannot buy any stronger gun by cash. Only by spending a huge amount of gold or parts. Since I don't want to buy gold and parts are not feasible for me due to the max position of 4000 in PVP I cannot buy any stronger guns. So I can only update the guns, but then the limit for my guns is about 2800.

Is my conclusio correct that I cannot buy any other gun by cash anymore or can I use my cash further on in this game (eg at higher level?) to buy guns with a higher power (6 stars).

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Aren't the Mantis assault and Nighthawk sniper rifles still available for cash? I bought them a while back (I'm level 70 now), so they're in my inventory. That being the case, I can't see if they've been removed from the store to purchase. If they are available, you may need to increase your level in order to buy them with cash. I've been in that situation before -- I kept playing open contracts (the missions with circle icons on campaign maps) until I got to the required level. I know that this feels like you're throwing away diamonds, but you may need to continue upgrading your current guns to "bridge the gap" until you can buy something better with cash.

If they're no longer available, it may even come down to deciding whether or not to buy gold with real-world cash, or spend your weekends playing tournaments to get the 50 gold milestone awards and possibly win better guns. You may even decide to give up. I've spent what I consider to be a lot on gold, but am almost out, so I'm in a similar position of needing to decide whether to buy more (which I told myself wouldn't happen after the last time I bought a $100 pack), or to live with what I can win. I'm still deciding...
  • Options
    Aren't the Mantis assault and Nighthawk sniper rifles still available for cash? I bought them a while back (I'm level 70 now), so they're in my inventory. That being the case, I can't see if they've been removed from the store to purchase. If they are available, you may need to increase your level in order to buy them with cash. I've been in that situation before -- I kept playing open contracts (the missions with circle icons on campaign maps) until I got to the required level. I know that this feels like you're throwing away diamonds, but you may need to continue upgrading your current guns to "bridge the gap" until you can buy something better with cash.

If they're no longer available, it may even come down to deciding whether or not to buy gold with real-world cash, or spend your weekends playing tournaments to get the 50 gold milestone awards and possibly win better guns. You may even decide to give up. I've spent what I consider to be a lot on gold, but am almost out, so I'm in a similar position of needing to decide whether to buy more (which I told myself wouldn't happen after the last time I bought a $100 pack), or to live with what I can win. I'm still deciding...

Thanks,

Your information is exactly where I was looking for. As I understood I have to increase my level. Nevertheless, it is still uncertain which level I need to actieve to buy a new gun for cash. I hope that it is before level 50. I do not know if I still enjoy the game when I have to continue playing open contracts after level 50.

Does anybody know the required levels that opens the opportunity to buy new guns with cash?
  • Options
    The way I remember, the store price area for those guns used to say something like "Level ## and ## cash or ## gold". There's another post about the level 25 and 35 guns for cash being removed in the last update, so I'm unsure if GLU has changed the prices so that guns can only be bought for cash, or if the cash price doesn't appear until you're past the required level. I'm just guessing based on what I've seen in prior releases.

It would help if a GLU admin provides more authoritative information, or even better, if they'd post "release notes" to describe the game changes for each new release.
  • Options
    The way I remember, the store price area for those guns used to say something like "Level ## and ## cash or ## gold". There's another post about the level 25 and 35 guns for cash being removed in the last update, so I'm unsure if GLU has changed the prices so that guns can only be bought for cash, or if the cash price doesn't appear until you're past the required level. I'm just guessing based on what I've seen in prior releases.

It would help if a GLU admin provides more authoritative information, or even better, if they'd post "release notes" to describe the game changes for each new release.

You are right. In the store also the required level was mentioned. Now no guns are visible which can bought by cash. In addition from my point of view it is also not feasible for me to win parts for more powerfull guns. I play the PvP games a lot during the weekends (till 15 times a day) but than it is still imposible to achieve any parts. The people who win this parts have points 10 times higher than I have. Who can play this game 150 times a day???! So, my conclusion is that I have to buy gold with real money, getting free gold by installing apps and by giving personal and bankaccount data or get stuck with the 5star guns.

I Cannot imagine that I am the only one with this issue. Are there any other persons who also have had this dilemma and can share their approach?
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    The only way I've found to progress in this game for free, is by slowly collecting free gold and playing the game as close to 24 hours a day as possible.

Cash can only get you so far, and diamonds upgrade what you have. So, if you have the option to watch a single video commercial for 1 gold, that is your best free option. Next best way to get free gold is installing apps, followed by giving personal info to marketing companies(signing up for stuff), and taking marketing surveys seems to be the least reliable way.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    evdnoll wrote: »
    Thanks,

Your information is exactly where I was looking for. As I understood I have to increase my level. Nevertheless, it is still uncertain which level I need to actieve to buy a new gun for cash. I hope that it is before level 50. I do not know if I still enjoy the game when I have to continue playing open contracts after level 50.

Does anybody know the required levels that opens the opportunity to buy new guns with cash?

It is L55 the u can buy new gun.
  • Options
    For whatever it's worth, I bought a Slingshot sniper rifle and a Granite assault rifle for cash just before today's tournament started.

I'm going to hold off upgrading the Granite because upgrades for both are quite expensive and buying them + first-tier cash upgrades wiped out my cash reserves. The Slingshot is a huge upgrade from the Alligator I've been using -- it has a 6 shot mag and when fully upgraded, it'll have a very fast reload speed. I've missed both of those features since my last sniper rifle "upgrade" to get higher power. I don't love the Slingshot's scope reticle -- it's a PSO-1 style, which would be much better if illuminated, but the contrast against targets is lower than I'd like without illumination. I'm getting used to it though, and liked everything except the scope better than the Alligator before making any upgrades at all.

Other reasons to hold off on upgrading the Granite is because I have a fully-upgraded Centipede AR and partially upgraded Atlas heavy, both of which I'm happy enough with for now. Also, this weekend's tournament prizes are ARs, and I may either end up with a slightly higher-power Marble, or if not, I should be in pretty good shape to assemble one from parts during the follow-up (Amazon) league event.

Anyway, my experience indicates that you can still buy guns with cash, but you may not see the cash price until you're high enough level -- trying to get you to spend gold on them by not letting you know if/when you can use cash.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    Now I understand that I have to be patient. When I continue playing the game I will be able to by new guns by cash at level 55. It's still a long way to that level, but it is worth to try. In addition I Will regular check if any guns are for sale for cash.
  • Options
    ScottygunScottygun Registered Users 1 Posts
    I just reached Lvl 65. There is still not an option to buy guns with in game cash, only gold and parts. I got the mantis and nighthawk in lvl 45 with cash. Seems like the scarab and alligator should be next... But NO.

The only other option for someone that doesn't spend real money would be reaching Lvl 70.

As it stands, the only way to play the new mission: Brazil is too spend real money. AND that's not gonna happen. Anyone reach lvl 70 let me know the cash outcome.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Scottygun wrote: »
    I just reached Lvl 65. There is still not an option to buy guns with in game cash, only gold and parts. I got the mantis and nighthawk in lvl 45 with cash. Seems like the scarab and alligator should be next... But NO.

The only other option for someone that doesn't spend real money would be reaching Lvl 70.

As it stands, the only way to play the new mission: Brazil is too spend real money. AND that's not gonna happen. Anyone reach lvl 70 let me know the cash outcome.

I'm in the same situation at level 68. Hoping there may be some tournaments for 8-8.5x sniper and assault rifles soon and I'm lucky. Right now, all I can do is play PVP, and upgrading is very slow with prices approaching 100,000 diamonds and more!

At least these guns exist in the Crafting area, so it should be possible.
  • Options

I have just reached level 45, but I still cannot by any gun for cash.
    Currently I have about 500.000 cash. I will play till level 55 and hope that I can buy any gun for cash before this level else the fun of playing this game is gone for me.
  • Options
    kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts

I've found out that players must finish certain campaign,and then could buy certain weapon in game cash.
    For example, you need to finish the campaign "global assault", and you have the option to buy AR or sniper rifle of 6 stars. Finishing the campaign "world on fire", and you can buy AR of sniper rifle of 7 stars.
    I've been level 70 for a long time, and just finished the campaign "Brazil" an hour ago, and I did have the new option to buy Slingshot and Granite (8 stars) in game cash immediately.
  • Options
    Good catch -- I thought that the opportunity to buy the Slingshot / Granite was level-based, but I had indeed completed Brazil when I bought them, so it may be based on campaign completion, or a combination of campaign and level now.

Prior to buying them, my previous cash sniper rifle had been the Alligator -- I'm pretty sure that I bought that when about half-way through the Brazil campaign.

3/24/15 -- I see that I can buy a Scarab for cash, so probably could have when I bought the Alligator, but I'd already won (and fully upgraded) a Centipede in a weekly tournament. It's a Scarab-based rifle with slightly better specs. I may buy the Scarab someday (just to have), but right now I'm needing to earn cash via open contracts to upgrade the Marble I crafted this morning.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Yes you can buy guns for cash on Lvl 70
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts

Yes, you will be able to buy on Lvl 70, I just did .
  • Options
    FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation at level 68. Hoping there may be some tournaments for 8-8.5x sniper and assault rifles soon and I'm lucky. Right now, all I can do is play PVP, and upgrading is very slow with prices approaching 100,000 diamonds and more!

At least these guns exist in the Crafting area, so it should be possible.

I am wrong on somewhere, but it seems that we can not craft the gun if we not colect enough part in One pvp. Try to have some in main pvp then collect more in another 2 rounds during silver event.
  • Options
    As I think that I noted before, you can play "Open Contract" missions (the circle icons on the campaign maps) in the Brazil and World on Fire campaigns to earn XP and cash -- and you'll need a lot of cash to upgrade the high-level sniper and assault rifles, so you can never have too much. It's a repetitive process; there are 3 long-range and 3 short-range missions per icon in each campaign, and you can play all 6 once per hour.

There was a time when I spent most of 2 days running through open contracts every hour to get to the point where I could buy the next set of guns. It feels more like drudgery than playing the assigned missions, but it'll get you to where you can upgrade to better guns without spending gold.
  • Options
    ...and you'll need a lot of cash to upgrade the high-level sniper and assault rifles, so you can never have too much...
    I blew through my 3 million cash reserve very quickly and still don't have both weapons fully upgraded, so I would plan to spend 4.5 million cash.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    FreakshowFreakshow Registered Users 12 Posts
    evdnoll - you are right as well. It is next to impossible to advance without buying gold. If you play regularly (reasonable amount - hour or so a day here and there), play the new bronze, silver and gold PVP during the week and seek to reach 100AP (that's roughly 50 won matches) for the 50 GOLD!, watch for glitches in PVP to get energy cheap (unlikely but maybe) and enjoy the game. Personally, I have tried and finally broke down and spent cash. I am into Glu for this game for nearly $500 US over the last 8 - 12 months. I know that is ridiculous and I'd suspect others have spent a lot more. it's a catch 22 in far too many ways. I will say this better than gambling - I have spent a whole lot more in 1 to 2 hands of poker / bac. Best of luck and hope to see you on the battlefield.
  • Options
    Freakshow wrote: »
    evdnoll - you are right as well. It is next to impossible to advance without buying gold. If you play regularly (reasonable amount - hour or so a day here and there), play the new bronze, silver and gold PVP during the week and seek to reach 100AP (that's roughly 50 won matches) for the 50 GOLD!, watch for glitches in PVP to get energy cheap (unlikely but maybe) and enjoy the game. Personally, I have tried and finally broke down and spent cash. I am into Glu for this game for nearly $500 US over the last 8 - 12 months. I know that is ridiculous and I'd suspect others have spent a lot more. it's a catch 22 in far too many ways. I will say this better than gambling - I have spent a whole lot more in 1 to 2 hands of poker / bac. Best of luck and hope to see you on the battlefield.

Thanks for your feedback. Currently I am updating my base to tier6 . In addition I'am going to finish the campain "global assault". Since I have to update my 5star guns fully to finish this campain I assume that I will be able to buy a new gun for cash after finishing this campain. I don't hope that I have to wait till lvl70. That's still 25 levels away :-O

What do you mean by glitches in PvP? Is there a way of getting energy for free? I'am always wondering how guys can have so many point in the PvP within a couple of hours. For me it seems impossible to finish at a high ranking and get gun parts without a lot of extra energy. Or those guys must play 24hours for three days long. Since some guys who gave their feedback talk about high rankings probably they can explain.
  • Options
    @evdnoll - 7110AP is the maximum you can get in a Global tournament without extra energy. That would mean you played for 96 hours, played every hour, and never lost a match. So when you see the leaderboard, subtract 7000, divide by 25, and you can see how much extra energy the top players use.

If you would like to try yourself and know how many extra energy bars you'll need; just divide that number by 3 and multiply it times 20, and you will have the total amount of gold bars you'll have to spend on buying energy @ 3 energy per 20 gold.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    @evdnoll - 7110AP is the maximum you can get in a Global tournament without extra energy. That would mean you played for 96 hours, played every hour, and never lost a match. So when you see the leaderboard, subtract 7000, divide by 25, and you can see how much extra energy the top players use.

If you would like to try yourself and know how many extra energy bars you'll need; just divide that number by 3 and multiply it times 20, and you will have the total amount of gold bars you'll have to spend on buying energy @ 3 energy per 20 gold.

I understand, but sometimes the high points does not seem realistic to me. Now the number one in the tournament has about 12000ap's within 24hours. Assume that you can win 2000ap in 24 hours without buying additional energy he should have bought about 10000/60x20=>3000gold. It's a lot of money to spent within 24hours but is feasible. But it also means that he has to play each 2 minutes a new game for 24hours. That seems not realistic for me.
  • Options
    Some people have posted that they went to buy extra energy, and instead of being 20 gold, they get a price in cash -- like one cash for 3 energy. When that happens, they'll buy as many blocks of energy as they can before the price changes back to gold. As far as I can tell, only a few people have experienced this "glitch", although one posted that they'd bought over 300 energy for cash after GLU said that the glitch had been resolved.

You can never tell if a post is accurate or made up to stir things up. However, I will observe that GLU benefits if paying customers buy more gold to compete with inflated tournament AP scores, so long as glitches/hacks aren't so widespread that their paying customers don't give up and stop playing.
  • Options
    kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    David T wrote: »

The top players can complete a PvP battle in 1 minute at most, that means finish 3 matches of PvP (including the time to find opponent and loading) only takes 5 minutes in average. If you have observed those top players in a tournament, you may find out that they usually could win 20-30 matches per hour, so there is no time for top players to wait any formation of energy per 20 minutes. When they finish 3 matches in 5 minutes, they must have bought energy to keep fighting immediately. In other words, the AP of top players must come from buying energy mostly.