Questions For Handles

ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
Sorry but I couldn't find where to send a private message.

Question 1: what is the victory point tie-breaker for the new weekday PVP events? For example, in my league players 19-23 all have the same number of victory points but only 11-20 receive parts.

Question 2: can you explain what the benefit of using drones is? Other than being really cool, not sure what the point is.

Question 3: are the parts we receive to "craft" the guns going to actually build them or just allow us to buy them?

Thanks for any help with this and for all the previous help you've provided (game updates, feedback, etc)

Comments

• PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I posted this in another thread, and think that it may answer your second question:

You can't use drones for attacks, but (when activated) one drone is added to your "guards" when your base is attacked. Only one will be included in any particular defense, even if a "stack" of them is activated, but if that one's destroyed, your next PvP defense will get the next drone, etc... until you run out.

Personally, I find drones more difficult to deal with than other guards -- they can't hide behind objects, but they tend to keep moving while attacking and they move in three dimensions. Dealing with drones is sorta like shooting skeet, which isn't my strongest skill.

Another thing that I've noticed, and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but after I lose a PvP attack against a base with a drone, it seems that the next PvP match I'm offered is against the same base. That's happened to me more than once, including one time where I lost twice in a row, then the base ran out of drones for the third match, which I won.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    Question 1: what is the victory point tie-breaker for the new weekday PVP events? For example, in my league players 19-23 all have the same number of victory points but only 11-20 receive parts.
    Whoever gets the score first gets the highest rank. - At least I think that's what's happening; it could be the last person to get the score though???
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    You can't use drones for attacks...
    But that would be awesome if we could.
    Personally, I find drones more difficult to deal with than other guards
    Agreed and I wish there were more of them in the same match.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Thanks for the responses guys.
    I know the drones are harder to deal with, just wondering if there were any bonuses or other benefits. In the update marketing it seemed like they had some other advantage.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    The level of drone depends on the level of turret. The drone of level 80 is pretty hard to kill, especially in short range battle.
  • Grunto PulouskiGrunto Pulouski Registered Users 21 Posts
    Question 2: can you explain what the benefit of using drones is? Other than being really cool, not sure what the point is.

In addition to the Drones acting as flying Turrets, when they are destroyed you get compensated in Diamonds... Thus they serve as a source of extra income. The better the Drone, the more Diamonds you get, based on the Drone's Power.

However, this aspect still seems to be Glitched... Personally, I seem to only get the "Compensation for Drones Lost in Battle" message if I completely closed the game then restarted it; if the game restarted itself after a period of inactivity, the message does not appear (or so it seems), and I don't think that any compensation is being given.
    Question 3: are the parts we receive to "craft" the guns going to actually build them or just allow us to buy them?

It appears that collecting all the parts needed to Craft a weapon will allow you to actually build it. I say this because there are duplicate versions of certain weapons in the Store, one craftable, the other available to be acquired by normal means. Both have the same stats, and owning/upgrading one means you automatically own/upgrade the other. (In effect, the normal version can be crafted, or you could say that the crafted version can be bought.) Finally, going by what others have posted, once a Crafted weapon (or one which has a craftable version) is acquired, it will no longer be in the list of weapons on the "Crafting" tab.
  • Grunto PulouskiGrunto Pulouski Registered Users 21 Posts
    ...after I lose a PvP attack against a base with a drone, it seems that the next PvP match I'm offered is against the same base.

Python - I haven't ever experienced this... In fact, I've never been offered the same opponent twice in a row, even before the existence of Drones.

Could it be that this is happening because you have a very limited pool of possible opponents, due to your having a high level, strong Attack strength, many AP points, etc.?

Just wondering! :confused::D
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    However, this aspect still seems to be Glitched... Personally, I seem to only get the "Compensation for Drones Lost in Battle" message if I completely closed the game then restarted it; if the game restarted itself after a period of inactivity, the message does not appear (or so it seems), and I don't think that any compensation is being given.

Seems like I am only compensated when I have a successful base defense but lose a drone in the process. I recently won 2 defenses losing leviathans in the process and lost 4-5 defenses. I was compensated 5000 diamonds.