Can't upgrade Base, what's going on?

MORLEYMORLEY Registered Users 12 Posts
Hi, I'm having trouble upgrading my Base and getting very frustrated, I am on tier 8 and trying to upgrade either sentry gun, health or player health, so basically I need 160,000. I am playing ever hour on the hour so I'm caneing the game! When I attack players I only get between 1000 and 3800 diamonds. When people attack me every time I lose between 8000 and 9000 diamonds. I have been at this stage for over a week and every time I get near 160,000 I end up with 100,000 and back to square one and can never upgrade. As you will be able to tell as avid gamers, this I getting beyond a joke and I feel maybe smashing my phone on the floor may help the situation, I'm not sure. I don't think anyone can help me, maybe I just needed to vent some anger at this stupid game and being stuck in a never ending loop. Ffs! What the F is going on!

Comments

• twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    You are simply going to have to leave the game on for however many hours it takes to get to 160,000. I use my phone as my device and I completely understand your frustration. I haven't even bothered maxing out at 23,000+ base power because I want to use my diamonds on my weapons instead. Also, regardless of how high your base defense is you're going to lose diamonds haha. Some people on the forums have suggested using an iPad, preferably plugged in, as your new CKS:Sniper 24/7 device.
  • MORLEYMORLEY Registered Users 12 Posts
    I have read on the forum that glu have actually put an update in place that times you out if you are inactive to stop this from happening. Cos I have been trying that and I definitely seems true for me, cos I can save 20,000 diamonds, then try to collect them and it doesn't even add to my vault because someone people have already attacked me whilst I'm online. You don't actually see who and by how many diamonds until you restart the game. So sadly just staying on the game isn't an option anymore as tried and tested and lost diamonds. Thanks for your reply though.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Have you played the Challenge missions? After you play the Tesla and Heavy Trials, they become Challenge missions and pay out a lot of diamonds. The drawback is you must own a Tesla or a Heavy to play them, and that requires a gold purchase (or to win one which I would say is virtually impossible if you don't already own one). That is how I have upgraded my base that last couple game upgrades.
  • MORLEYMORLEY Registered Users 12 Posts
    Yes I've used all them trials and I do have guns that I had to buy to do the mission afterwards. That has helped me upgrade my Base so far. So now I'm at my wits end with the game. I've been enjoying it until stuck in a loop. Again today I keep getting about 40,000 diamonds taken off me every single day or half day and am never going to be able to upgrade. I know I'm always gonna lose diamonds. I just don't get why I lose so many and never ever win as many that is getting taken off me. I might just have to accept the fact I'm never gonna be able to upgrade anymore. Cos it seems when I get close to 160,000 it goes straight back down. HUFF!! Thanks for your reply
  • twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    MORLEY wrote: »
    I have read on the forum that glu have actually put an update in place that times you out if you are inactive to stop this from happening.

I have read about people experiencing this but I haven't personally noticed. Before I go to sleep I occasionally leave the game on all night and I don't see attacks or missing diamonds in the morning. If this is true it would take quite a lot of attacks to get to 160k-256k diamonds and would almost be unattainable. Another push to have people spend more gold? Probably.

I'm starting to think in future campaigns and tier 9, 10, etc. weapons will be extremely time-consuming to upgrade. Base upgrades will need to allow the ability to collect a lot more than around 3,000 diamonds an hour. Once again, it's all about gold and once you've invested this much time and money its hard to let go.
  • markywbamarkywba Registered Users 20 Posts
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    I have read about people experiencing this but I haven't personally noticed. Before I go to sleep I occasionally leave the game on all night and I don't see attacks or missing diamonds in the morning. If this is true it would take quite a lot of attacks to get to 160k-256k diamonds and would almost be unattainable. Another push to have people spend more gold? Probably.

I'm starting to think in future campaigns and tier 9, 10, etc. weapons will be extremely time-consuming to upgrade. Base upgrades will need to allow the ability to collect a lot more than around 3,000 diamonds an hour. Once again, it's all about gold and once you've invested this much time and money its hard to let go.

MORLEY
    I have recently left my Nexus 7 (Android) on solidly for 3 days (linked to a time clock that puts about another hours battery charge on every 4 or so hours) and I didn't experience any kicking out of the game. I needed 256k diamonds to max out my tier 8 health with my vault current achieving a max of around 23k of diamonds every 4/5hrs.
    I agree we don't get much diamonds in PVPs now as compared to prior to the update - occasionally get the odd 12600 player, and this was the only way for me to reach my required target.
    It can be done but I'm afraid patience is the name of the game (unless you spend a shed load of cash or hack!)

On that point has anyone come across the player ISIS? fully maxed out base at tier 8 with a VP score of around 900 - come on?!! I'm not even fully maxed out at tier 8 yet and have VP points of around 6800. Clearly we have issues here with players hacking as there is no way (again unless spending loads of cash) to collect that many diamonds to max out your base without playing PVP and gaining VP points (rant over)