Options

Gun purchase ?!!

XTWNXTWN Registered Users 3 Posts
Noob here at lv19, saved up around 500 gold & was wondering best weapon type to purchase ? Rifle/assault or get heavy/telsa...what's best for PvP ? Thks :)

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    XTWN wrote: »
    Noob here at lv19, saved up around 500 gold & was wondering best weapon type to purchase ? Rifle/assault or get heavy/telsa...what's best for PvP ? Thks :)

If you want to play this game for the long term, I would save up your gold and purchase a 6.0+ star rated weapon.

Tesla/Heavy are best, as they both rule out the need to reload and are overall more effective.

One thing to keep in mind is that although a Tesla might have a 'power' rating of 2000, it's effective killing power is comparable to a sniper with 4000-5000 power and Tesla's are the only weapons that shoot through objects, which is a huge advantage.

The other thing to keep in mind about the Heavy is the 'fire rate' versus 'power' rating. Heavy fire rates are usually 600-900 versus Assault Rifles which range 500-750.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    If you want to play this game for the long term, I would save up your gold and purchase a 6.0+ star rated weapon.

Tesla/Heavy are best, as they both rule out the need to reload and are overall more effective.

One thing to keep in mind is that although a Tesla might have a 'power' rating of 2000, it's effective killing power is comparable to a sniper with 4000-5000 power and Tesla's are the only weapons that shoot through objects, which is a huge advantage.

The other thing to keep in mind about the Heavy is the 'fire rate' versus 'power' rating. Heavy fire rates are usually 600-900 versus Assault Rifles which range 500-750.
    Ok thks David T looks like 6.0+ Telsa is your suggestion, so I'll continue to save gold & at one ad/day should be ready by 2016 !
  • Options
    Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    In my experience you should not use gold to buy Weapons. If you want a good weapon, use your 500 golds and a little time for the PvP tournament and join silver league. Your 500 golds can get you way more powerful weapon. Compare 500 gold for your buying weapon to weapon in tournament, it's so different. I was at your level and had the same thought, but when you get to level 70 and want to beat all the heavy defense..you should go with my suggestion. Good luck.
  • Options
    I see what you're saying Mindy82, but in this stage of defensive powers, 500 gold on energy isn't going to cut it to compete in PVP for a weapon, especially without owning any Tesla or Heavy. You're probably way past the point of level 19 without having a Heavy/Tesla already, as I am, but think about trying to compete in PVP now with a 1440 powered AR&Sniper going up against a quickly growing field of 23040 powered defenses; where the average defense is probably more than 5760.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    XTWN wrote: »
    Ok thks David T looks like 6.0+ Telsa is your suggestion, so I'll continue to save gold & at one ad/day should be ready by 2016 !

You have to be getting more than 1 free gold per day if you already have 500, but I know what you're saying; trying to progress through the game for free takes a reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly long time and A LOT of continuous gaming time.

So what is the highest powered AR and Sniper you have?

The first Tesla I bought, when 2880 was the top defense, was the "EM7 Thunderbolt" (2160 power, 4 star), which ended up working for the 5760 defenses quite well. Once I had the EM7, I used about 400 gold to buy extra energy and to compete in a 96 hour PVP tournament to win my first Heavy weapon, "Leech" (2760 power, 4.5 star). Winning the Leech was not easy, while having to pass up on about 1/2 of the defenses I was assigned to, and having to play almost every hour for 96 hours straight.; it felt like more of a personal challenge of staying up for 4 days, then it was to compete within the game.

Doing it that way, I was still able to play the game for fun and compete in everything, while I waited to collect enough gold to purchase the "Pernach" Heavy on sale (750 gold, 11040 power, 6.5 stars) and the "Snowstorm Elite" Telsa on sale (800 gold, 11040 power, 6.5 stars). Between the two of those, I don't have to pass on the top defenses with 23040 power (current tier/star 8).
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    You have to be getting more than 1 free gold per day if you already have 500, but I know what you're saying; trying to progress through the game for free takes a reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly long time and A LOT of continuous gaming time.

So what is the highest powered AR and Sniper you have?

The first Tesla I bought, when 2880 was the top defense, was the "EM7 Thunderbolt" (2160 power, 4 star), which ended up working for the 5760 defenses quite well. Once I had the EM7, I used about 400 gold to buy extra energy and to compete in a 96 hour PVP tournament to win my first Heavy weapon, "Leech" (2760 power, 4.5 star). Winning the Leech was not easy, while having to pass up on about 1/2 of the defenses I was assigned to, and having to play almost every hour for 96 hours straight.; it felt like more of a personal challenge of staying up for 4 days, then it was to compete within the game.

Doing it that way, I was still able to play the game for fun and compete in everything, while I waited to collect enough gold to purchase the "Pernach" Heavy on sale (750 gold, 11040 power, 6.5 stars) and the "Snowstorm Elite" Telsa on sale (800 gold, 11040 power, 6.5 stars). Between the two of those, I don't have to pass on the top defenses with 23040 power (current tier/star 8).
    Im lucky if I get 1 gold/day currently...ads dried up for me & go many days without any ...my AR is 920 damage & rifle only 1000 & burn way 2 many diamonds trying to get opponents that I can defeat....I'm now starting to realise this game requires much more then I am prepared to give it ! I play many other online games & decided this would be one I don't use real $ on ...looks like I'll just burn the 500 gold on whatever gun it will buy, play a bit until I hit another dead end & call it a day...this game pushes you into real $ purchases way 2 fast & actually find that a real turn off & prolly the main reason I decided not to support ...not cheap either as I spend a lot on other online games ...in any event thanks for the info & gl with ur game
    Cheers !
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I've gotten to the point where I've been able to win higher weapons in tournaments. However, to do that without having to buy extra energy, playing the game dominates my weekends -- like having to keep my Kindle plugged in to power, with the game running in the foreground, and in constant range of wireless internet to protect my base from being raided, and breaking away from whatever I'm doing to play 3 matches/hour when I'm not sleeping or out doing weekly grocery shopping.

In my case, I'd recommend buying med-packs. Med-packs save me when I get in trouble in a PvP match and need to keep my streak alive. YMMV, but that's what works best for me.

As for guns -- as others have said, used properly, (fully upgraded) Tesla rifles are much more powerful than their attack rating would indicate. However, I'd rather use a fully-upgraded rifle than one with twice the power "out of the box" -- upgraded charge rate and max charges make more of a difference to me than more charge damage. The longer you're exposed while you're rifle's charging, the more damage you take -- take too much and you your battle's over.