Server Maintenance!?!

ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
Server maintenance in the middle of a tournament!?!! Really!?! W.T.F!! I get that there needs to be maintenance & what not but why not let people know instead of having it be a surprise. Or, why not have it start at the END of the tournament so that it affects everyone equally. Such bull****!!!
Prev1

Comments

• GphasherGphasher Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm right there with Imreef. It's not like you don' know when tournaments are going to end. This 24 hour PVP tourney was within an hour of completing. so, you hold off on starting the new tourney, allow the one in progress to complete and you have happy users. I was in a battle for 1st place in the Bronze PVP tourney and am more than a bit upset at being summarily booted for you to do maintenance which can be scheduled for any time. MAJOR BS GLU.

If this is how you treat your customers then I'll start looking for a new game to play.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    So what's going to happen to the tournament's results? Those who placed in the top 20, are they going to get their parts so they could complete/craft their weapon(s)?
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    i too was in the middle of a tournament to get one of the top tesla guns. just dropped about 300gold i'd been saving up and some i had to buy... and turned it into energy to come from behind and beat the top spot. now thats ****py of them!!! we all deserve the top prize for this ****. didnt even make it to the top 3 but was on my way. no parts, and now i'll be stuck not being able to build. admins... i hope u will award us. poor poor timing. seriously ****ed off!
  • JedilebaJedileba Registered Users 6 Posts
    Yeah, this blows. I was preparing myself to bump up into 4-5 place to get parts. But worse is that instead of the 16 parts I was planning my move for, I was in 11th place, just 5 parts. That'll do diddly-squat for me.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

For Star Wars jewelry, go to Goddardjewelry.com
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    Yeah I am pretty ****ed too. Handles do they not tell you about this? Can't we get a heads up? All the pc games I play give us 24hr warning. They don't take down the servers mid event or mid tournament.
    yup i was in 5th with the top guy prob asleep so had enough gold and energy to overtake... unless he woke up and realized, doubt it. like i said they better award us all the top prize as it doesnt seem like a pattern where they repeat weapons... yet. so we'll be stuck with a bunch of half part weapons with no option to buy out the remaining parts etc... s.h.*.t. poor timing glu
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Nicely done GLU! NOT!!
    What the **** happened? Post a message and let us know what happened!
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • GphasherGphasher Registered Users 2 Posts
    Are you sensing a theme here GLU? you have totally ****ed off a bunch of users and from the messages I've seen these members are your bread and butter - people (like me) who spend money on your game. All we're looking for is some consideration on your part - pay attention to what's in progress on your site and schedule your maintenance accordingly so it doesn't interfere with events in progress. the ball's in your court. How are you going to fix your screwup such that your members come away happy?
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Here's another (possible) problem that might and/or definitely will happen:

Without the server maintenance, we could have gotten our parts and crafted our weapons. We could have online right now playing the next tournament - those of us that need the parts anyway.

With the server maintenance, most of us will be offline when the server comes back up. And you know what that means? We will be offline and helpless. We will be open to attacks and our hard earned diamonds are ripe for the taking.

If we were warned about the pending server maintenance, I/we could have used my/our diamonds for upgrades to my/our weapons and/or base.
  • justwalkbyjustwalkby Registered Users 1 Posts
    That just costs me 50 gold! and I lost bed time over this, literally!
    yeah i lost a little more than 300 gold and 10$ for additional just for this bronze tourney. on ios so its hard to move spots too for those who r on ios. i already had 20 parts, now without this tourney at this timeframe, i doubt anyone will b able to craft a completed weapon sine there would only be on tournament left. u need all 3 to have a chance to craft a full weapon ( top prize is 20 parts). i think they should award all tourney players with the weapon we were playing for, or the top prize for the particular tourney, or refund us our stuff, and they should put in an option to buy out the remaining parts!!!
    If this was a planned maintenance - Then Glu didn't think of their customers.
    If this was a emergency server maintenance - Then Glu should have posted the reason for it here and on their homepage.

Either way, Glu doesn't care about informing the customers paying their salaries.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • VincelopVincelop Registered Users 2 Posts
    How come does the team do something like this if this is not an emergency ? I am convinced that the league and weapon part system has ignited the passion for most of the players, and this event like a huge bucket of water spills on our faces, please be serious !
  • VincelopVincelop Registered Users 2 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    Server maintenance in the middle of a tournament!?!! Really!?! W.T.F!! I get that there needs to be maintenance & what not but why not let people know instead of having it be a surprise. Or, why not have it start at the END of the tournament so that it affects everyone equally. Such bull****!!!

Really unbelievable if this is not an emergency !
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I feel bad for players waiting for the last parts to craft the telsa. Glu could of warn ahead but that won't make any different for the progress. Maintenance must take place, and it's better to destroy a mini tourney for preparation Global tourney. Just a thought.
  • R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    I feel bad for players waiting for the last parts to craft the telsa. Glu could of warn ahead but that won't make any different for the progress. Maintenance must take place, and it's better to destroy a mini tourney for preparation Global tourney. Just a thought.

Well I need it to win this tournament to be able to craf my weapon, second place with 4 points below #1, I buy more gold to be able to compete on last minute. Because every time I moved forward the other opponent moved also making parts more expensive... When I try to log again sorprise... Dam it and the worse part I spend gold for that position, now even if I play today won't make the parts.
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Well I need it to win this tournament to be able to craf my weapon, second place with 4 points below #1, I buy more gold to be able to compete on last minute. Because every time I moved forward the other opponent moved also making parts more expensive... When I try to log again sorprise... Dam it and the worse part I spend gold for that position, now even if I play today won't make the parts.

well said, for thise of us who have to buy gold and was very close to moving up as well. now i got stuck with the ****py 5th place prize. now theres no way to craft full weapon, agreed, and the big tournament not many have a chance unless u buy a ton of gold to beat the cheaters
  • perper Registered Users 7 Posts
    Omg u must be joking me glu server maintance if i dont get my parts coz of that thats ****...crazy **** and i was in pvp and probably not count the won i need one bar of energy back and 20 vp points or xalculate ur lose u give it to me count or xalculate i dont give a **** how just payback
  • perper Registered Users 7 Posts
    And how come that we have so much diffrent time of maintance ? Put all servers down or none ***!!!
  • HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    I'm glad I completed my tesla yesterday. Today I was just going for the 50 gold, which isn't going to happen now, so I wasted my time.
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    Can any responsible offer response to the tournament interrupted by maintenance of the game? Does this mean that I lose the opportunity to complete my gun and lose the money invested in gold for getting any parts missing?}
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Halfassed wrote: »
    I'm glad I completed my tesla yesterday. Today I was just going for the 50 gold, which isn't going to happen now, so I wasted my time.

Same here, at least I got 8500 diamonds from milestones, would have been nice to get the gold, though.
    Just wish GLU could give a heads up, but do understand things like security updates, content updates, etc. Hopefully they will have all sorted out for tomorrow's global tournament.
  • annadolphannadolph Registered Users 3 Posts
    GLU I demand to be compensated for my losses...I have the feeling everyone wants to be compensated for their loss. Everyone lost hard earned money on this game and for you to suddenly do a server maintenance in the middle with out warning or at least an update on how you plan to compensate ALL of us!! I am disabled and highly enjoy this fame but right now I am feeling robbed and i feel i was taken advantage of!!!!!!! This NEEDS to be fixed and we NEED to compensated, not in 30 days but immediately! !!!
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq Registered Users 37 Posts
    I hate to sound cynical but, I would not be surprised, if Glu doesn't compensate anyone for their loss! Also I wouldn't be surprised if they do not respond at all! That's how they roll!

But I think you might see some server improvements or bug fixes after this maintenance. I suspect a new level also!
  • Active_SchuderActive_Schuder Registered Users 16 Posts
    This wasn't a tournament...just the weekly league event.

The tourneys don't start 'till Thurs. 12 am Standard...not that most of us pay anything to play, so Glu doesn't care who "we take our business to" anway.

Sorry if I reiterated after four pages...the first page was enough for me to not read the rest.

Would like to see if the cheating has been addressed in the update, tho.
    OK, read page 2...why doesn't Glu have HR respond in the forums...?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    OK, read page 2...why doesn't Glu have HR respond in the forums...?

Can you think of an acceptable explanation Glu could give us, without giving away free stuff, that would make us less unhappy than we already are? Knowing of course that forum admins have no direct control over what happens in the game...
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I remember specifically several weeks ago when Glu reps responded directly to the forum. They obviously read the forum to say the least...

If what the OPs say is true (customers paying cash and getting nothing in return), Glu may be staring down the barrel of a .50 lawsuit...
    I remember specifically several weeks ago when Glu reps responded directly to the forum. They obviously read the forum to say the least...

Yes, they read the forum and even did some actions on a couple of things but they have never replied to the tricky questions. And never said that they have done anything wrong at all. Sad, because the game is quite good when it works.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    well, i guess as i expected... i would have had a fully crafted weapon had the server not gone down. i thought maybe there was an outside hope of an extra tourney or something to make up for the one shut down early. Anyone actually contact customer care?? i feel these little tourneys r better than global, gives the little guy an outside chance.