Why can't we opt out of events?

rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
Hey all, managed to win a weapon in this weeks event in two days. If I want to continue playing to upgrade weapon, or revenge, there is no way to opt out. So either I don't play for 24 hours, or continue playing, and win parts that I'll never get and, can't use. Neither option is acceptable, this definately should be fixed.

Comments

• PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I like the league events for the milestone prizes and just ignore the extra parts; sometimes I can win 50 matches/day and get 50 gold, which is a pretty good deal. After I win enough to build the gun, I don't even see new parts for that gun in my Craft inventory.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    The League events seem like a win-win to me? If you were able to opt out, you'd loose the 1 to 4 milestone earnings. You still gain diamonds from matches either way, so what's the reason? Just ignore the gun parts. I am surprised at most of the daily events I'm in. Typically 1 to 3 contestants and many only play a couple matches and walk away with the second place prize. Nothing like the ios leagues.
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Registered Users 52 Posts
    I love the ISO daily leagues fun domination ive a 99% dominating ratio in bronze league..
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Taker3681 wrote: »
    I love the ISO daily leagues fun domination ive a 99% dominating ratio in bronze league..

What score do you usually end up with to remain #1 in the iOS bronze league tournaments? iOS Silver league #1 usually gets 140-150 VP...depending on the weapon parts. I've seen 180 VP for #1. 144 VP is the maximum you can get for free.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    What score do you usually end up with to remain #1 in the iOS bronze league tournaments? iOS Silver league #1 usually gets 140-150 VP...depending on the weapon parts. I've seen 180 VP for #1. 144 VP is the maximum you can get for free.

Averages vary between 75 and 100 if I build up a gap of over 30 by 7-8 hours left marker the. It's gonna cost players gold just to play catch up an more to pass me.
    Averages vary between 75 and 100 if I build up a gap of over 30 by 7-8 hours left marker the. It's gonna cost players gold just to play catch up an more to pass me.
    24 hours x 3 free energy per hour x 2 VP per win = 144 VP for free.

So what you're saying is although players can achieve 144 VP without spending gold on energy; even if they did that, you would buy energy to gain more than 144 VP. It sounds like you are exactly what Glu was hoping for.

Just keep in mind that 7-8 hours equals 42-48 VP without buying/using energy.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Active_SchuderActive_Schuder Registered Users 16 Posts
    I get 300 D playing lesser oppos all day...I got hit with triple 1500s, but I snag 144's when I can...
    @DavidT: 3 energy = 3 hours, not 24...
    I earn, maybe, 50 AP; but 2400 in 8 hours? BS.
    I don't even get to play Silver because of cheaters...
    @DavidT: 3 energy = 3 hours, not 24...
    I earn, maybe, 50 AP; but 2400 in 8 hours? BS.

Am I confused with what you wrote or are you confused?
    You get 3 energy bars per hour for free. League tournaments last 24 hours. You earn 2 VP per win. That is 3 x 24 x 2VP = 144 VP.

So when you say 50 AP (Assassin Points, which is tied to 4 day Global events, not 1 day League tournaments), did you mean 50 VP (Victory Points, which is tied to 1 day League events) or 50 AP? If you really did see someone get 2400 VP in a 1 day League tournament...yes I completely agree that it is ridiculous for them to do 1200 wins in 24 hours. That would be like scoring 120,000 AP in a Global event.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    It sounds like you are exactly what Glu was hoping for.

I don't buy gold or energy refills.. I just use what I have on game per hour an thre watch ads for free energy/health/ect
    I don't buy gold or energy refills.. I just use what I have on game per hour an thre watch ads for free energy/health/ect

I play for free as well, and collect as much free gold as possible to buy gold weapons when they're on sale.

There hasn't been any really good gold weapon sales lately, because Glu makes more money on people buying energy than they do buying weapons. Hopefully with the new "Craft" section, Glu will settle for the money they made on the gold for energy side of things, while offering old weapons parts in the store for gold.

As far as playing for free and getting into the Silver League tournaments, the magic number of consecutive wins is 104, which is about 35 hours of paying attention to the game and about 3.5 hours of actually playing the game. So if you can get your timing right, 3.5 hours over 4 days isn't that bad, but the real challenge is staying awake for the "paying attention to the game" part of it. Silver League offers a 50 gold milestone for 50 wins.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    What wouold be the point of opting out since you would not qualify for the milestone awards? You don't lose anything by earning parts you don't need.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    What wouold be the point of opting out since you would not qualify for the milestone awards? You don't lose anything by earning parts you don't need.

Now that there are PVP tournaments 7 days a week and knowing that we get matched up in PVP by our overall VP score first; If we 'opt-out' of the tournaments and therefore the milestone and prizes, maybe we would also be allowed to not accumulate VP's.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    Hey all, managed to win a weapon in this weeks event in two days. If I want to continue playing to upgrade weapon, or revenge, there is no way to opt out. So either I don't play for 24 hours, or continue playing, and win parts that I'll never get and, can't use. Neither option is acceptable, this definately should be fixed.

New problem(s) might come up if ever being able to opt out is implemented - i.e. software issues. Everyone might have seen and/or heard of a software glitch. How about those who have experienced a software glitch? How did that feel? There might be times where all of a sudden you were opted out from a global event and/or a league event even though you did not elect to. How do we stop that from happening?