New Weapons - 9.5X and 10X!!!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Sniper - Adam 10X, mystery box
Assault - Fenris 10X, mystery box
Heavy Gun - Mercury 9.5X, for crafting in future
Tesla - Nadar 9.5X, for crafting in future

These are all for crafting, wonder which ones will be first place prizes, won by whole or piece?

As usual, no Base upgrades will keep up with weapons like these.

Comments

• Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    This is really bad idea that base and weapons are too much different. I guess it's easy to create weapons than write a script for base. That's why base take so long for update but new weapons come out every week.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The reality is that this game is all about offense. The leader board gives you two points for a win, but subtracts only one point for a loss. Tournament play does not even take defensive losses into account. I always see advice on this forum to newbies that they need to upgrade their defenses. This is not the way this game works. Upgrade to the latest weapons as often as you can and upgrade your defenses when you have diamonds to spare.

Also, once you play the game for a while you recognize that "Primary Weapons" are just toys. It is all about Power Guns and Tesla.

Once you acknowledge the basics of game dynamics, it becomes obvious:

First priority: Heavy guns
    Second priority: Tesla
    Third priority: Base Economy
    Forth Priority: Player Health

Everything else is a luxury
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    This is really bad idea that base and weapons are too much different. I guess it's easy to create weapons than write a script for base. That's why base take so long for update but new weapons come out every week.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The reality is that this game is all about offense. The leader board gives you two points for a win, but subtracts only one point for a loss. Tournament play does not even take defensive losses into account. I always see advice on this forum to newbies that they need to upgrade their defenses. This is not the way this game works. Upgrade to the latest weapons as often as you can and upgrade your defenses when you have diamonds to spare.

Also, once you play the game for a while you recognize that "Primary Weapons" are just toys. It is all about Power Guns and Tesla.

You are right, I had this dynamic long time ago. I am at level 70 with heavy weapon and telsa too. But I still like the Glu to balance the Defense vs Offense, so players need focus on both. I do need good defense to keep my diamonds safe without get stolen. Offcourse, unless real players with comparible weapons are exception.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I used to upgrade my defenses as quick as I could, but I still had a 95% loss rate. No way to save Diamonds, just spend them whenever you can, play as much as you can and get somebody else's Diamonds to compensate for some of your losses.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »

Maybe up to a point.

In the beginning it will work. It doesn't take much diamonds and/or gold to upgrade either your base and/or your weapons.

However, I have read that Tier 8 Base takes about 3.5M diamonds to upgrade. Sooner or later you have to upgrade your base so your vault can hold as much diamonds just to upgrade. I don't know if you can stay online that long so no one can attack you. And even though you're online, I have read and experienced that you can be attacked even while you're online. At one point I lost about 40K diamonds while online.

To move from Tier 8 Base to Tier 9, I believe you need about 256K diamonds. That's a lot of diamonds. From playing PvP matches, I don't think you can accumulate that much in one day. With only an energy for every 20 minutes, you can have up to 72 energy in a day. That would average about 3.555K diamonds per match. We know that that doesn't happen. I guess that's when gold goes into play.

Again, you have to stay online to prevent from being attacked. I don't about you but some of us I'm sure have to work for a living. At one point or another we have to go offline and turn our devices off. It doesn't take long for your base to be attacked.

Now, Tier 9 Base is another thing. I haven't heard about it, but I'm sure it will take a lot of diamonds, maybe twice as much as Tier 8 Base, to upgrade..
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    Yeah, the diamonds needed are getting out of hand and unrealistic. But GLU doesn't care, because more people will just buy gold to upgrade.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Even with the powerful weapons,Tesla being the best, fully upgraded bases will make you or me use a health pack. I have the Atlas heavy and even with it fully upgraded I still find myself having to use health packs going against level 8 fully upgraded bases. Maybe I'm playing the game wrong... but I doubt it. Feel free to chime in if you have this weapon & do or don't find this to be the case.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    Smoke joe, just need to use cover more and be smarter when you attack.
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    Did some numbers , if base upgrades continue with same strategy, basically add 32K to each tier,
    so after the 256 buy in its 288 320 352, 384, x4 which is about 5.7 mill in diamonds. or 2000 plus in gold which is about 80 bucks in real money.
    For me, collecting 256K in diamonds takes 1.5 to 2plus hours, and I'm having serious doubts if I'm willing to sit for 2to 4 hours just to ugrade my base. Warm weather is almost here, time to go outside.
    I think it took me almost a month to max my tier 8 base,, so playing at the same pace, I'd probably
    just finish b4 the next update. I think Glu will loose a lot if players over the next while, when players realize how much time and money there spending, and how much more they are gonna have to spend.
    B4 the events leisure players we probably Ok with winning health packs rockets and such, just for playing, PVP but with the event weapon carott, some are playing,longer and and at least 2 more days to win an event weapon, where as before, most might play leisurely or not at all till next PVP.
  • markywbamarkywba Registered Users 20 Posts
    Even with the powerful weapons,Tesla being the best, fully upgraded bases will make you or me use a health pack. I have the Atlas heavy and even with it fully upgraded I still find myself having to use health packs going against level 8 fully upgraded bases. Maybe I'm playing the game wrong... but I doubt it. Feel free to chime in if you have this weapon & do or don't find this to be the case.

I would agree with you on the short range battles - a fully maxed out tier 8 base with a drone against my fully upgraded Atlas heavy gun usually means I have to use a med kit and maybe a grenade not matter how much ducking and diving I do - you still have to run between spots to avoid missiles and you will get picked off!

Thankfully the mini pvp tournaments give you the chance to win 50 gold which is useful to top up your med kits and now Glu have fixed the experience levels you do now seem to get 5 gold everytime you level up (which didn't happen between level 50 and 70 which mean 100 lost gold!).

The new tier 9 bases which when maxed out are at circa 46k defense will mean a lot more 'supplies' being used.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Found two new deals in the Kill Club campaign that now tarnish my wins for the Trebuchet and Marble.

If you go through a full round of contracts, you will be offered the better Slingshot Elite and Granite Elite for 240 gold (2 separate offers)! Very tempting and shows the devaluation of all past hard work - ouch!

Also shows that assault and sniper weapons are becoming worthless compared to their counterparts, heavy and tesla. The only real reason anymore to own these seldom used weapons is to dump low amounts of diamonds into before shutting down for the night since I can't save up enough for the enormous amounts required for base 8 upgrades. Better to spend them than be stolen, right?
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    Did some numbers , if base upgrades continue with same strategy, basically add 32K to each tier,
    so after the 256 buy in its 288 320 352, 384, x4 which is about 5.7 mill in diamonds. or 2000 plus in gold which is about 80 bucks in real money.
    For me, collecting 256K in diamonds takes 1.5 to 2plus hours, and I'm having serious doubts if I'm willing to sit for 2to 4 hours just to ugrade my base. Warm weather is almost here, time to go outside.
    I think it took me almost a month to max my tier 8 base,, so playing at the same pace, I'd probably
    just finish b4 the next update. I think Glu will loose a lot if players over the next while, when players realize how much time and money there spending, and how much more they are gonna have to spend.
    B4 the events leisure players we probably Ok with winning health packs rockets and such, just for playing, PVP but with the event weapon carott, some are playing,longer and and at least 2 more days to win an event weapon, where as before, most might play leisurely or not at all till next PVP.

Rastafari, can you let us in with your secret? How do you collect 256K diamonds in 1.5 to 2.0 hours?
    Not saying it,s easy, revenging the big numbers and bypassing small quantity PvP's Search for the easy big wins, avoid the troublesome one's (maxed short ranged, 1-2K drones). If you take on all commers then it's more like 3 hours.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    so after the 256 buy in its 288 320 352, 384, x4 which is about 5.7 mill in diamonds. or 2000 plus in gold which is about 80 bucks in real money. For me, collecting 256K in diamonds takes 1.5 to 2plus hours, and I'm having serious doubts if I'm willing to sit for 2to 4 hours.
    Tier 9 upgrades start with 320K diamonds and increase by 64K, but 5.7 million in diamonds is just as ridiculous as 6.6 million. I can only laugh at the thought that people will stay signed on long enough to collect 512K diamonds for one upgrade.

As for your 256K diamonds in 2 hours...I call BS, sorry, but you would have just bought the upgrade with gold instead of spending the 200-300 gold on energy to get 256K diamonds in 2 hours. You must have pressed a few wrong buttons on your calulator and got excited to post it... 256K diamonds in 6-8 matches for free would be 32,000-42,000 diamonds per match, when you know the cap was 12,600 per match no matter how many diamonds they had. It would have taken a minimum of 21 matches to get 256K. 21 matches minus 6 for free means you spent gold for 15 additional energy bars = 100 gold. So why didn't you just buy the upgrade with gold?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • fanofcksfanofcks Registered Users 1 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Tier 9 upgrades start with 320K diamonds and increase by 64K, but 5.7 million in diamonds is just as ridiculous as 6.6 million. I can only laugh at the thought that people will stay signed on long enough to collect 512K diamonds for one upgrade.

As for your 256K diamonds in 2 hours...I call BS, sorry, but you would have just bought the upgrade with gold instead of spending the 200-300 gold on energy to get 256K diamonds in 2 hours. You must have pressed a few wrong buttons on your calulator and got excited to post it... 256K diamonds in 6-8 matches for free would be 32,000-42,000 diamonds per match, when you know the cap was 12,600 per match no matter how many diamonds they had. It would have taken a minimum of 21 matches to get 256K. 21 matches minus 6 for free means you spent gold for 15 additional energy bars = 100 gold. So why didn't you just buy the upgrade with gold?

In my case I decided not to keep wasting my time nor my money gaining diamonds to do the upgrades...yeah, i found a way to have some extra gold...cheating ? I don’t have that big amount of gold to be where those in the top are, just to keep with the game…even If I had it, not sure I would stay that many hours just to win a gun….but, Glu is the cheating one...if they came with a new level where I need 10 million diamonds for my base should I continue just for fun? That’s not funny actually. I have spent my money, so no remorse at all....our weapons become outdated very soon, tesla and heavy were i.e in the 10-15k max just few days ago, now you can easily see some at 60-70 K max, you will need ages just to keep your guns updated just to find next day they are useless, so efforts are thrown away.......as stated earlier, yes, you just need a heavy and Tesla, thats all....the rest is luxury....
    As for your 256K diamonds in 2 hours...I call BS, sorry, but you would have just bought the upgrade with gold instead of spending the 200-300 gold on energy to get 256K diamonds in 2 hours. You must have pressed a few wrong buttons on your calulator and got excited to post it... 256K diamonds in 6-8 matches for free would be 32,000-42,000 diamonds per match, when you know the cap was 12,600 per match no matter how many diamonds they had. It would have taken a minimum of 21 matches to get 256K. 21 matches minus 6 for free means you spent gold for 15 additional energy bars = 100 gold. So why didn't you just buy the upgrade with gold?[/QUOTE]
    I can understand your skepticism, however, some of us understood early in game about easy energy.
    As for your 256K diamonds in 2 hours...I call BS,
    I took being called a BSer kinda personal, so I started playing 2 hours later 256K diamonds
    first level 9 upgraded, can I send you some screenshots?
    That being said I do agree it would be smarter upgrading with gold
    another player posted about the greed of Glu or how they try and take advantage of some players.
    It cost 58 Gold to upgade to first tier or 256 K diamonds plus another
    38 Gold for instant upgrade. That is wrong on every level.