A question for veterans

Crono1Crono1 Registered Users 26 Posts
I've played the previous contract killer, and after getting used to this one, I figured I'd buy one tesla rifle, and one heavy gun, and let that be it. I just wanted to know, the tesla weapon on sale this weekend, is it good for the long run? Or should I wait until the next sale?

Comments

• VasqiVasqi Registered Users 21 Posts
    Don't buy it.
    You should save your pennies. Premium Weapons can be won in weekly challenges.
    Save your gold for base upgrades.
    Save your diamonds for weapon upgrades.
    Only buy the for cash standard weapons (ussing cash).
    Keep monitoring the available weapons to see when the next cash weapon becomes available.
    You don't want to be pouring cash into your older model sniper/assault when there is a better one (that becomes) available.

I think the Tesla 6.5 was the only one I bought. But that was because at that time, there were only 6 levels (now there are 9). I should've waited until I could get my hands on a Tesla for free from weekly tournement.

-play hard, play often.
  • midtown138midtown138 Registered Users 34 Posts
    I would skip those and get the ones offered in the heavy/tesla missions in the new region that just came out. I asked yesterday and was told they are offered for 650 gold each. But I haven't done it yet myself. Stats on each are over 30k once fully upgraded
  • VasqiVasqi Registered Users 21 Posts
    midtown138 wrote: »
    I would skip those and get the ones offered in the heavy/tesla missions in the new region that just came out. I asked yesterday and was told they are offered for 650 gold each. But I haven't done it yet myself. Stats on each are over 30k once fully upgraded

I would not do that (though it is better than "buying at a discount"). Why spend (even just) 650 gold on a weapon from a weapons trial, when you can get a better one free in the weekly tournements? Keep in mind, the weapon that you buy in a weapons trial, are limited to that level. So when new regions open up, that weapon becomes useless (no matter how much you upgrade it).
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Crono1 wrote: »
    I just wanted to know, the tesla weapon on sale this weekend, is it good for the long run? Or should I wait until the next sale?
    The Maelstrom Elite should be good against the current tier 9 long range defenses, but I doubt it will take down tier 10 defenses with any consistency. Glu has been releasing a new tier about once a month, so that's kind of the Glu standard of 'long term'.

You're going to have to get a 9.0 star rated Tesla if you want it to be useful for a couple of months.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • midtown138midtown138 Registered Users 34 Posts
    Vasqi wrote: »
    I would not do that (though it is better than "buying at a discount"). Why spend (even just) 650 gold on a weapon from a weapons trial, when you can get a better one free in the weekly tournements? Keep in mind, the weapon that you buy in a weapons trial, are limited to that level. So when new regions open up, that weapon becomes useless (no matter how much you upgrade it).

im sure youd spend much more than 650 gold to place that high in a tournament

the weekend sales have been kind of lame lately..too pricey and weaker weapons...rarely half off..mostly 1/3 off...i think i even saw a tesla that was offered on sale last weekend that had a max of like 2000 for 800 gold or something extremely ridiculous
    midtown138 wrote: »
    im sure youd spend much more than 650 gold to place that high in a tournament

the weekend sales have been kind of lame lately..too pricey and weaker weapons...rarely half off..mostly 1/3 off...i think i even saw a tesla that was offered on sale last weekend that had a max of like 2000 for 800 gold or something extremely ridiculous

Lame sales, agreed. Looks like they just want us to spend gold on energy. "Craft" section is a good example and the gold weapon sales are leaning us in that direction as well.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Don't buy it.
    You should save your pennies. Premium Weapons can be won in weekly challenges.
    Save your gold for base upgrades.
    Save your diamonds for weapon upgrades.
    Only buy the for cash standard weapons (using cash).
    Keep monitoring the available weapons to see when the next cash weapon becomes available.
    You don't want to be pouring cash into your older model sniper/assault when there is a better one (that becomes) available.

-play hard, play often.

I agree. A couple times I've spent a chunk of gold on a new gun, invested diamonds into upgrading it, then had it become obsolete within a couple weeks due to the new tournament offering. I hadn't used my gold for base upgrades until yesterday, but the diamond upgrade prices for the new Tier 9 bases are insane. After upgrading my base as much as I could with "Kill Club" campaign's Tesla and Heavy challenge match rewards, I realized that it'll be very difficult (even nearly impossible) to collect up to 512K of diamonds while other PvP players are knocking at the door, so I used the gold I had left (about 500) to buy base upgrades. That got me up to a respectable level (my current defense power is 37440) to protect the diamonds I collect.

I'll continue trying to collect diamonds to upgrade my base, but I'll probably have better luck collecting "milestone gold" for base upgrades.

If someone was so new that they still hadn't installed the game yet, my strongest recommendation would be to download it from Amazon instead of Google. While this may change in the future, the consensus is that there are separate tournament groupings based on where the game was installed from, and Amazon's group is far smaller than Google's or Apple's. It's much easier to finish higher in a small group than a large one, and the rewards are the same. In league tournaments, the largest "room" I've been in had a total of 10 players, and it's been me and just one or two others more than once -- in that case, you're guaranteed a top-3 finish.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I saw you in one of my tournaments, Python, and agree about the Amazon. I feel bad for some of the guys that seem to be trying to complete their weapons, because they don't try hard. I'm there just to collect the gold, and I guess 50 battles is too much for them, or they don't have the time. Probably can't break away during their job.

I have installed the game on an iPad a few days ago. With that version, although you get pushed with a lot of adds and videos, many of those give you a lot of equipment like med packs, law rockets, grenades, knives and even energy. Maybe these subside with later campaigns.

The free gold using the Amazon app is hit or miss. I'm not going to enter any name/address, or get on any mailing list! And that area never has any Videos - it always jumps to All when you select it and says none available. I've maybe only won 25-35 gold using Amazon.

So, there are plusses and minuses, but having all (4) 8.5 weapons sure is nice and I wouldn't have them if not using the Amazon version!
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    The amazon version is only for Android, isn't it?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    The amazon version is only for Android, isn't it?

Correct, not for Apple products. Androids can also download another version from Google Play, which is more similar to the ios version.
  • FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    Exactly, do not buy gun. Fighting for it. If u try yr best in 24/7, finally u have the best gun in hell.
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Foxof wrote: »
    Exactly, do not buy gun. Fighting for it. If u try yr best in 24/7, finally u have the best gun in hell.

But to fight for gun in gold league is really hard like Nine hells. Very intense fighting among top players who has unlimited gold or endless energy.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Foxof wrote: »

It's not that easy. It's not just in 24/7.

First you have to go through the Global Events - which used to be a 4-day event, except for the previous weekend for the Android version - which was a 3-day event only. Through Global Event you have to place within the top 30 to win either the 1st or 2nd place prize.

But if you place beyond 30 but below 90, then you would have earned some parts for the 2nd placed weapon. Then you have 3 days to play 3 24/7 daily league tournament to earn the rest of the parts so you can craft your weapon.

I'm in iOS group and these league tournaments are intense most of the time. So if you're not able to earn the rest of the parts for your weapon, then your weapon is useless. Right now there's no other way to earn and/or buy parts for previous weapons.
    Now we bring you the choice of mystery box gambling for craft parts....GLU you are hilariously ruthless.
    iPhone 4, usually.