Is this tournament one day shorter than normal?

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
I just noticed that the event timer appears to end at 3:00AM Sunday instead of Monday.
Prev1

Comments

• HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    I noticed that also. I wonder what that means for the rest of the week.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I just noticed that the event timer appears to end at 3:00AM Sunday instead of Monday.

Really? I just reset my device after being hit while being online. Anyway. the timer on my device says that it's still 2 days, 2 hours and some change left in the event. Today is Friday and it's about 9:45 PST.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Mine was like 1 day 4 hours when I posted and is 16 hours and change now. I wonder if this only affects one of the server groups -- I'm in the Amazon group.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    Halfassed wrote: »
    I noticed that also. I wonder what that means for the rest of the week.

Maybe the league event will extend from 3 days to 4 days in a row. If that is true, I think it would be a good change because we have one more chance to collect the parts needed to craft weapon.
    That's odd that some of us end tonight, others tomorrow. I wish someone from GLU would post here to let us know what's going on.
  • RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    My timer says 1 day 9 hours and 30 minutes left. I'm on the east coast in th iOS leagues and its 5:30 Saturday evening.

PythonDjango, would you let us know whether or not the Global Event you are into actually ends tonight? Thanks....
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    Lot of folks are gknna be ****ed, if I did nog read this thread I woul'd not have noticed,
    6 months and its changed without notification.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    The open tournament ended for me at 3:00 AM Sunday; I finished in 32nd place with a 152 win streak. I'm in a silver league room with 3 others now.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on this, Python. I had a nail biting finish being pushed out of 10th place, and battling back 2 guys, one hop scotched me, the other on my tail. Finished 8th. I'm EST, too - and an early to bed guy, so woke up at 1:50 to jump into the final fray.

If not for this posts, I would have probably just taken the Mars but hoping not all (including me) would notice the short Global event, went for the big prize. This was my first go at a very tough brawl.
    I also finished at midnight Saturday PST. Do we know if we have four days now instead of three to pick up parts? Is anyone finishing the weekend tournament on Sunday night PST?
    Halfassed wrote: »
    I also finished at midnight Saturday PST. Do we know if we have four days now instead of three to pick up parts? Is anyone finishing the weekend tournament on Sunday night PST?

Would you expect Glu to let you have a day's rest from PVP? Speaking of which, is everyone seeing a lot more "Can't Find Opponent" errors? I guess those playing are completely draining everyone of diamonds off-line as well as a few on-line. Glu's new policy - You don't play, you get screwed! :p

And yes, I think most (ios and Google Play) users finish today.
    The open tournament ended for me at 3:00 AM Sunday; I finished in 32nd place with a 152 win streak. I'm in a silver league room with 3 others now.

That's really odd. We are still playing our 4-day Global Event. I'm on the iOS group.

I wish Glu would make some changes and make it a 3-day Global Event instead and then have a 4 daily league tournaments. That way we have an extra day to get the parts we need.
  • Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    Android finished this morning also. I like it better
    Randy59 wrote: »
    Android finished this morning also. I like it better

It's now 0555 PST and we still have a little bit over 18 hours on our 4-day Global Event. I wish ours ended up same time as the Android group.
  • Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    Android is playing daily tournament now
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Everyone that posted that their Global event has ended. Are you all using a Kindle attached to Amazon? Have Kindle users who use Googleplay also had their Global event end early?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • midtown138midtown138 Registered Users 34 Posts
    i didnt play in this tournament..didnt have the time
    I wish I was in one of the smaller groups but I'm in iOS. I'm on a 203 win streak and it's looking like I'll end up top 250. Really wanted into the top 90 but I'm not going to buy a bunch of energy to do it.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    I wish I was in one of the smaller groups but I'm in iOS. I'm on a 203 win streak and it's looking like I'll end up top 250. Really wanted into the top 90 but I'm not going to buy a bunch of energy to do it.

I am with 260 win streak and currently rank 77. If you want to get into rank 90, will cost you almost 400 gold and continue to shoot till mid night.
    David T wrote: »
    Everyone that posted that their Global event has ended. Are you all using a Kindle attached to Amazon? Have Kindle users who use Googleplay also had their Global event end early?

I've a Nexus on Amazon. Got an 8th place finish and around 233 win streak. Venus is my first weapon over 8.5. I'll probably have the Mars over the next 4 days or Silver League play, but just playing for milestones and the gold. Don't think I'd come close seeing RMorr50912's placement - sounds really intense over there!

I'd also like to know if Google Play users had a 3 or 4 day Global event?
    I'm up to 150 and 209 win streak. I do have one full charge and 3 singles I'll use if it looks getting top 90 is doable. Just be a lot easier to craft the weapon at that point and I really need a new heavy. That's my weak point. Im still stuck with a Pale Horse 6.5.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    What is the prize in the Silver tournament?
    bradr752 wrote: »
    What is the prize in the Silver tournament?

5 to 20 parts for the Mars. Milestones as usual include the Manta. Wish they'd change the latter to a Wasp, I've never come up against one of those.
    We're playing for Venus heavy parts in silver. I'm on an Android phone through Google store, and had the 3 day global.
    Sorry, I meant Mercury for the Silver League. Got my planets mixed up.

Halfassed, you sure you're playing for Venus? That's the camouflaged weapon I won for the Global 1-10 bracket. 11-30 was the red marked Mercury, with parts above 30.
    Sorry, it's not the Venus, it's the one below that.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Does anyone know what their playing for in the gold event?
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    Does anyone know what their playing for in the gold event?

Nadir, a 9.5 Tesla.

I recognized the 3 day event early on and pushed to make sure I would make it into the gold event figuring that it would catch others by surprise too late. Sure enough, there are only 2 of us that qualified for the Amazon gold league.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Thanks for the info on that. Wow maybe I need to get a android tablet lol. I'm spending way to much on this game to keep up in iOS. It could probably save me half the money!