what now?

LordpeterLordpeter Registered Users 3 Posts
I have the best weapons, lots of money and gold, finished all the regions and now what can i do? play PVP over and over again...!

Comments

• PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    You can replay the Open Contract campaign missions to increase your cash and use PvP diamonds to upgrade stuff, but that's pretty much it until the next campaign release.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Lordpeter wrote: »
    I have the best weapons, lots of money and gold, finished all the regions and now what can i do? play PVP over and over again...!

A 'Lord' without monetary bounds, the finest castle, and greatest weapons to conquer all who dares to hide diamonds from he! ... obviously you need to relentlessly continue to pillage as many bases as possible, stealing diamonds you have no room in your safe for, so you can diminish the diamond supply and hamper everyone's upgrade progress.

However if you truly want to be King, you must prove yourself to be #1 in PVP each and every day!

Muhahahaha

Sincerely,

Dr. Gluttonous Competition
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Lordpeter wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of the best game strategy available and it sounds like you're on the right track. Obviously this strategy only works for gold purchasers and not the play for free crowd.

1. Start with buying the most powerful Tesla/Heavy weapons from the store.
    2. After you have maxed out your 1st tier base's 'base economy'; Never upgrade your base again.
    3. Only play Global events when a Tesla/Heavy is available that is rated at least 1 star above the current base tier power rating and be sure to place 1st-30th, or don't play at all.
    4. Sign off of the game as much as possible so players will attack you, which keeps your VP score down.

Free = using diamond currency = monopoly on your device to stay signed on and more and more of your time playing to try to keep up with the game until Glu makes diamond upgrades less and less attainable.

If you've made the same mistake, as I have, and didn't follow the gold strategy, all you can do is stop playing, sign on to collect as much free gold as possible, move your diamonds to your safe, and sign off after you've done that.

You will need at least 2300 gold to spend on energy to win a top Global event weapon. If you're willing to play 7 days a week and spend about 700 gold, you should be able to complete a craft weapon, but you're probably better off just spending the 1300 gold for a guaranteed store purchase of the best gold weapon.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I generally agree with your comments, but I was under the impression that in order to go to a higher level you had to fully upgrade your base in the previous level. I agree that upgrading defenses is pointless and there is no reason to upgrade your base defenses if you don't have to. My approach is to max out my Base Economy is quickly as possible, since this increases the size of your vault and the rate at which diamonds are produced,upgrade Player Health since this upgrade makes your player more robust in attacks and then to upgrade Guard and Sentry level when I have the Diamonds to do it. My belief has been that you needed to upgrade to the current level to get access to the newest weapons, which are always a bargain when a new level is created. No reason up buy or upgrade Sniper or Assualt weapons, since they are just toys that are not useful in PVP contests.

David T wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of the best game strategy available and it sounds like you're on the right track. Obviously this strategy only works for gold purchasers and not the play for free crowd.

2. After you have maxed out your 1st tier base's 'base economy'; Never upgrade your base again.
    3. Only play Global events when a Tesla/Heavy is available that is rated at least 1 star above the current base tier power rating and be sure to place 1st-30th, or don't play at all.
    4. Sign off of the game as much as possible so players will attack you, which keeps your VP score down.

Free = using diamond currency = monopoly on your device to stay signed on and more and more of your time playing to try to keep up with the game until Glu makes diamond upgrades less and less attainable.

If you've made the same mistake, as I have, and didn't follow the gold strategy, all you can do is stop playing, sign on to collect as much free gold as possible, move your diamonds to your safe, and sign off after you've done that.

You will need at least 2300 gold to spend on energy to win a top Global event weapon. If you're willing to play 7 days a week and spend about 700 gold, you should be able to complete a craft weapon, but you're probably better off just spending the 1300 gold for a guaranteed store purchase of the best gold weapon.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    David T wrote: »

David T,

2. Why not upgrade your base again after maxing out the 1st tier base's base economy? I thought the purpose
    was to upgrade your base so you can defend your diamonds from would be attackers. Also, if you don't
    upgrade your current base then you won't be able to move on to the next base.
    4. Why sign off of the game as much as possible and let other players attack you? I thought the purpose was
    to collect as much diamonds as possible so you can upgrade your base and your weapons. Also, what is the
    purpose and/or advantage of keeping your VP score down?

Thanks....
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I use the same method as bradr.

I don't understand the reasoning behind point 4? It would seem impossible to fully upgrade a tier 8 base, not to mention tier 9.

Plus, wouldn't you want to be matched up with higher VP point opponent that should have higher payout? I leave my device on until I can upgrade, then I turn it off. And seeing all the Can't Find Opponent messages, guessing others do the same. As for going to tier 9, I'm hesitant to take on that kind of pay requirement.
    I will be interested to see David T's take on this, because your questions are great!

As you will see from my comments above, my approach is much different from David's. The tactic to keep your VP score low is interesting, because the computer uses your VP score in picking opponents. A lower VP score should get you easier matchups. My whole point in playing this game is to get my VP score up, so I stay on line as much as possible. Also, my view of this game is that it is nearly impossible to defend your base, so protecting your diamonds is nearly impossible, don't obsess over it. My approach: Spend diamonds as you as fast as you can in the following priority: First,upgrade yout Heavy weapon, second, upgrade your Tesla weapon, third, upgrade your base, economy first, player health second, Guard and sentry last. Diamonds left over? Use to upgrade Sniper and assault weapons, just for fun. Full disclosure: I love using the Sniper rifle and love to upgrade it for campaigns and easy PVP, but it represents a luxury, not an efficient use of game resources. My take on Assault weapons: totally useless, don't buy, don't upgrade.
    Completely follow the same method. I always laughed at GLU's in-game suggestion to upgrade defenses - bunk. With the weapons now available, like you say (paraphrased) - defense is futile.
    The reality is that in its current configuration, this game is all about offense and secondary weapons. I love the game, but it is important to recognize those fundamentals: Offense not defense, Primary weapons are irrelevant.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I was listen not to build base, but I find out good bases will get less attack. Players are always looking for easy win with small bases, especially they don't want to break their streak in PvP tournament.
  • chefdavechefdave Registered Users 13 Posts
    Is it possible that david t's comments here may be tinged with just a bit of sarcasm?
    Using gold instead of diamonds completely changes your priorities. Anything to do with diamonds becomes pointless.

The #1 goal for gold users is to get the most powerful weapons, only available in Global events. Even if you have the best weapons and endless energy, you still have to play the game faster than most people to get #1 in PVP. You want the lowest VP score possible so you're matched up with easier opponents.

The only bad thing about not upgrading your base is the influence of base 'player health', but I'm making an assumption that your 'player health' has more to do with your campaign level and the power of your attacking weapon. That would be a good question for someone using the gold strategy to see how fast they die versus how fast they can kill; being a campaign level 80, using 9+ star weapons, but having a tier 1 base player health.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I understand the concept now, kind of like a quarter horse. As many PVP, as fast as possible with the lower rated opponent. My last rush to get to the top 10th place (Android), I spent 140 gold for 525 AP the last hour of play. This was a relaxed rate more concerned about not spending more than what I was budgeting myself, sometimes picking a second or more choice for more diamonds, and checking the leaderboards to see if I was still in the top 10. Cheap efficiency, if you will. It paid off with the Venus.

This method is brute speed to the finish line. And hearing the ferocity of the iOS PVPs, I'd agree with the method.

I'm wondering, how much gold has one of these guys spent in the last hour of a tournament? How much spent over the 4 day event (you mention 2300 gold above)? I see the cheapest price of gold is 2800/$100.
  • StageofHistoryStageofHistory Registered Users 18 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    This method is brute speed to the finish line. And hearing the ferocity of the iOS PVPs, I'd agree with the method.

Sorry for a basic question, but are you saying that the multi-day tournaments and/or day leagues are separated between Android, iOS, and Fire? I didn't know that! I see a lot of the top ranked players on the All-time boards hitting me for diamonds, although a number of them don't show-up on the iOS-only Game Centre scoreboards... I thought this would mean that they were playing on another platform?

At the end of the day, in PvP we're only fighting some database code on a server that sets the defence level, so I don't see why the events shouldn't be global and involve all OSes together.

But sorry again if I've misunderstood what you were saying, try_again...
    Fire is Android, no difference there. Also they are in the same tournaments as Google. iOS is the much tougher arena, it sounds like, by far. Android daily events are typically 3-5 people, I've been in a couple with just myself, but, I think they fixed that fortunately.

As to opponents, not sure if they are grouped separately or together. I don't know any handle names from the iOS group.
  • StageofHistoryStageofHistory Registered Users 18 Posts
    That makes sense now... iOS dailies always have 30 players. Sounds like the player grouping in the leagues may be OS specific, but the actual matched PvP battles are cross platform, as is the weekend event's table.

I would love to only have a handful of rivals... 100 AP as a minimum target is a given, but that's barely enough to stay top 20 of the Silver League these days!

On another note, I'm surprised that the Droid side sounds so scant... Certainly from reading these forums I thought there were a lot more than iOS. There's 3.5 million registered CKS players on Game Centre, last time I checked, but obviously we don't know who plays regularly or bothers to break into the different leagues.

Thanks for the reply and the info... SoH

*Used the word SCANT as the forum blocked S P A R S E, likely due to the last four letters!!!
    @StageofHistory - Not sure whether PVP is cross platform, but I do understand your logic from what we 'see' and/or don't see. Speaking of platforms, I still think there are more Android users than iOS users, but iOS users aren't broken up into different groups. However, based on the reported past scores of Global events, I would say the competition is pretty equal between the largest Android group and the iOS group.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    I'm on Android, and there are always 30 players in my daily tournament.