Looks like we are done

HyzyHyzy New Member29 PostsRegistered Users
So glu came out with a new shooter game - WWII commando so if history is any indication with other 'frontline' games I am guessing there will be no more updates or fixes for this game. Not to worry though Glu will get there money from the new game so they won't care

Comments

  • David TDavid T Senior Member 1,055 PostsRegistered Users
    Hyzy wrote: »
    So glu came out with a new shooter game - WWII commando so if history is any indication with other 'frontline' games I am guessing there will be no more updates or fixes for this game. Not to worry though Glu will get there money from the new game so they won't care

    It IS about that time, but I think there will be a tier 10 base and tier 9 campaign release, to wrap things up in May. CKS just doesn't have the scenery, and subject matter, to relive the Deer Hunter legacy. Unlike Dino and CKS 6 month plan, I think the WWII game is closer to a 3-6 month range in popularity. I guess we'll see.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • arnmanarnman Experienced Member 180 PostsRegistered Users
    Hyzy wrote: »
    So glu came out with a new shooter game - WWII commando so if history is any indication with other 'frontline' games I am guessing there will be no more updates or fixes for this game. Not to worry though Glu will get there money from the new game so they won't care

    R u serious? Do they stop updating games when they come out with new ones? That would really suck if it's true.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin 2,463 PostsAdministrator
    Not true at all. Completely different teams.
    CKS has a 3.0 in the works. ;)
  • saturnringsaturnring New Member 43 PostsRegistered Users
    wow!! so glad to hear a word called 3.0!!!
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Senior Member 1,231 PostsRegistered Users
    Glad we're not done yet
    ( + )
  • David TDavid T Senior Member 1,055 PostsRegistered Users
    GluAdmin wrote: »
    Not true at all. Completely different teams.
    CKS has a 3.0 in the works. ;)

    Not sure who/what that is referring to, but are you saying CKS will have a base tier 11?

    BTW - People who use diamonds for base upgrades are already finding 512,000 diamonds completely out of range because you can only collect about 100,000 diamonds per day, 150,000 if you're lucky and play a lot, even with the base economy maxed out. I would assume tier 10 will be 1,024,000 diamonds and IF there's a tier 11; 2,048,000 diamonds?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • HyzyHyzy New Member 29 PostsRegistered Users
    Well no updates for D-Day, contract killers 1 or 2, commando 1 or 2, so I guess time will tell
  • twoloszyntwoloszyn New Member 34 PostsRegistered Users
    David T wrote: »
    Not sure who/what that is referring to, but are you saying CKS will have a base tier 11?

    BTW - People who use diamonds for base upgrades are already finding 512,000 diamonds completely out of range because you can only collect about 100,000 diamonds per day, 150,000 if you're lucky and play a lot, even with the base economy maxed out. I would assume tier 10 will be 1,024,000 diamonds and IF there's a tier 11; 2,048,000 diamonds?

    I guess that's the downfall of all games that use the gold/energy credit system? Things become too time-consuming or expensive to play? Is there a way this can be avoided or does Glu make these games in expectation that most people will lose interest within a few months? I only ask because I could see myself playing for the long haul (I have since November).
  • legend_alegend_a Junior Member 63 PostsRegistered Users
    David T wrote: »
    Not sure who/what that is referring to, but are you saying CKS will have a base tier 11?

    BTW - People who use diamonds for base upgrades are already finding 512,000 diamonds completely out of range because you can only collect about 100,000 diamonds per day, 150,000 if you're lucky and play a lot, even with the base economy maxed out. I would assume tier 10 will be 1,024,000 diamonds and IF there's a tier 11; 2,048,000 diamonds?

    i agree upgrading base with diamonds only is becoming out of range , glu is increasing the required diamonds by doubly every tier while the rate of base economy is raised by less from tier to tier , & collecting diamonds from players is becoming very difficult job as players do not go off line unless they have few diamonds , and keeping diamonds safe require to stay on line per days now, the task is completely insane , also diamonds from tesla & heavy campaign are increased from level to level by a small rate
    i think glue admin should do some math & change the diamonds rate used to upgrade tier 10 or 11 ,double rate of diamonds from tier to tier will not be achievable
  • bysbys Experienced Member 165 PostsRegistered Users
    GluAdmin wrote: »
    Not true at all. Completely different teams.
    CKS has a 3.0 in the works. ;)

    Sounds great!
    But please test it and plan the release in a better way then the other releases that you have done... Don't let old bugs get back into the game once again and fix the bugs that have been discussed in this forum during the last months...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Senior Member 1,231 PostsRegistered Users
    Is the next region release due this week? Had hoped it'd arrive when global event finished
    ( + )
  • David TDavid T Senior Member 1,055 PostsRegistered Users
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    I guess that's the downfall of all games that use the gold/energy credit system? Things become too time-consuming or expensive to play? Is there a way this can be avoided or does Glu make these games in expectation that most people will lose interest within a few months? I only ask because I could see myself playing for the long haul (I have since November).
    The credit system doesn't have to be the downfall, as long as you manage it with reasonable expectations of your customers with a balanced reward system for playing the games; just like the real world economy should be. I do believe that Glu typically does rely on the premise that they will make the majority of money in the first 3 months and only continues developing the game if that happens. However, with the current formula in CKS, I don't see any expectations for this game to be a money maker for more than the assumed 6 month threshold of keeping customer's attention. I started playing Deer Hunter back in 2013, and still play occasionally, but that only happens when you have a game that new players continue to pay money for.
    legend_a wrote: »
    ... I think glue admin should do some math & change the diamonds rate used to upgrade tier 10 or 11 ,double rate of diamonds from tier to tier will not be achievable
    That's a common issue when determining mathimatically "achievable" versus the reality of probable "usefulness".

    That reminds me of a movie quote from "Armed and Dangerous":

    Chief: You're entering a 12 billion dollar a year industry.
    Candidate: You mean we're actually going to make 12 billion dollars a year?
    Chief: No, you're going to make $4.60 an hour, which is starting pay for everyone....

    John Candy: Now, let me get this straight. If you wanted to work, say three billion hours, I could roughly pull in over twelve billion dollars? If I was eager enough and put the time in.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • mark77090mark77090 New Member 14 PostsRegistered Users
    I have been playing since the start, never put any money in the game and i'm lvl 13 on region 18
  • Tony LewisTony Lewis New Member 9 PostsRegistered Users
    Hello I'm playing Robocop and I beat all missions in tier five. escalation survival the three part daily hunt hostage and OCT I know there's a six but it won't advance me
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member 1,302 PostsRegistered Users
    Tony, I think you tripped into the wrong forum, and are about 5 months behind?

    It's nice to see reminder of David T again, funny.
  • Tony LewisTony Lewis New Member 9 PostsRegistered Users
    Whoops thanks I'm always trying to find the right thread is scene like I always lose Tha ryte thread. I'm trying to get to Robocop, I'm out
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!