Options

how glu choose your target

legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
i read threads before about this issue , most players noticed that targets are chosen based on nearest VP to the player , especially during global event
but i feel that has been changed lately , i get 1st choice most of the time now very week target with low VP , low defense & max diamonds of 1230 although my VP points are 8000+& i need millions of diamonds to complete tier 9
when i pay diamonds to change target i get same result or a little bit better
only i get good target (with high VP & good amount of diamonds)when i have very few diamonds my self

i:e in first 2 hours i can get easily up t 40- 50,000 then after that the targets i get are always have few diamonds

is this the case for all players ?

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    VP is the key factor for matching, but there is still a bidding war for the lowest defense + most diamonds within the matrix of PVP matching. The other thing to consider is that the dedicated 'free' players are all on the same cycle of when they can upgrade tier 9; that means when they all upgrade around the same time, no one has any diamonds. The only players available to steal from most of the time are the people who use gold to upgrade and don't play very often (except to win Tesla), which means 46080 defenses with a 43000 diamond production fund to steal from.

And yes, I agree, it is taking a very long time to collect diamonds. Since the release of base tier 9, the majority of the players I've been getting matched with are 35000+ defenses with under 1000 diamonds.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm not only getting way too many under 1000 diamond players, but I now have to go through about 8 "opponent not found" screens before one pops up. Wasn't like this a month ago! I'd hat for this to happen during a final last hour rush to beat the spread.
  • Options
    legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    VP is the key factor for matching, but there is still a bidding war for the lowest defense + most diamonds within the matrix of PVP matching. The other thing to consider is that the dedicated 'free' players are all on the same cycle of when they can upgrade tier 9; that means when they all upgrade around the same time, no one has any diamonds. The only players available to steal from most of the time are the people who use gold to upgrade and don't play very often (except to win Tesla), which means 46080 defenses with a 43000 diamond production fund to steal from.

And yes, I agree, it is taking a very long time to collect diamonds. In the last 14 hours, the majority of the players I've been getting matched with are 45000+ defenses with under 1000 diamonds.

if you choose find another target , do u get better targets with more diamonds, most of time i get another target with similar amount of diamonds, also do you find any relation between targets amount of diamonds & your own ,i:e when you have few diamonds you get better target ?
  • Options
    legend_a wrote: »
    if you choose find another target , do u get better targets with more diamonds, most of time i get another target with similar amount of diamonds, also do you find any relation between targets amount of diamonds & your own ,i:e when you have few diamonds you get better target ?

Finding another target doesn't guarantee a 'better target'; There is a bidding war for the best target depending on who is not signed on. I haven't noticed a pattern between how many diamonds you hold and who you get matched up with PVP.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    legend_a wrote: »
    i read threads before about this issue , most players noticed that targets are chosen based on nearest VP to the player , especially during global event
    but i feel that has been changed lately , i get 1st choice most of the time now very week target with low VP , low defense & max diamonds of 1230 although my VP points are 8000+& i need millions of diamonds to complete tier 9
    when i pay diamonds to change target i get same result or a little bit better
    only i get good target (with high VP & good amount of diamonds)when i have very few diamonds my self

i:e in first 2 hours i can get easily up t 40- 50,000 then after that the targets i get are always have few diamonds

is this the case for all players ?

This happens to me allllllll the time. I constantly get paired with someone with very few diamonds or whose base defense power is a minute fraction of what my attack power is, and then i end up spending hundreds, if not a couple thousand in diamonds, trying 2 find a target with at least a worthwhile amt of diamonds. This is so frustrating and i cant tell u how many times i have seen 1230 diamonds up 4 grab. I cant waste my time on those low amts bc upgrading my base is really becoming a laborious and daunting task...it is really ridiculous.
  • Options
    arnman wrote: »
    This is so frustrating and i cant tell u how many times i have seen 1230 diamonds up 4 grab. I cant waste my time on those low amts bc upgrading my base is really becoming a laborious and daunting task...it is really ridiculous.
    But is it 'frustrating' enough for you to use gold to upgrade instead of the 'daunting task' of collecting enough diamonds?...asked Glu. You don't really want to dig a ditch (into your schedule) yourself right? Glu is offering gold base upgrades at Home Depot parking lot prices...
    iPhone 4, usually.