Weapon parts are worthless; Who has the Marble on sale for 350 gold?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
So GLU finally showed their cards today when they put the AR "Marble" on sale for 350 gold; which was one of the first "craft" weapons most people competed for. Everyone gets it for 350 gold, whether you earned 0 weapon parts, 5 parts, or 49 parts.

Weapon parts are completely worthless, except the 10 people that can actually complete the weapon. The other 2000 or so people with less than 50 parts wasted their time and hopefully nothing on energy to compete.

And for those of you who were able to complete the "Marble"; how much gold did you spend on energy to win those 50 parts? More than 350 gold right?, probably closer to 1000 gold, between the Global event and the 2-3 additional League events you had to get 1-3rd place in.
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    I just saw that. I had 30 of the 50 parts. At least now I know not to waste my time. It's either all or nothing
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    IF GLU wants the parts awards to work they have to give you a second chance to complete the weapon, and so far they have not. Until they do, I am not participating in the the League competitions.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    There's more and more accounts of many questionable moves by GLU to make serious efforts by paying customers worthless for time and money spent.

It seemed only fair to offer parts for money in the store on a sliding scale as David T originally speculated. But parts now seem to be a method of taking money and loosing participation and loyalty.

And today, they offer the Polybolos sniper for 350 gold - an equivalent to the Trebuchet.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    IF GLU wants the parts awards to work they have to give you a second chance to complete the weapon, and so far they have not. Until they do, I am not participating in the the League competitions.

The issue with a 2nd round of league play to complete weapons is that there are always better weapons to buy through the store. Glu has to provide better and better weapons because that's what drives more PVP play (a.k.a. the money maker). I think it's a mistake to not offer last months weapons parts in the store for gold; Glu is going to lose loyalty by shafting everyone who competed for parts, while giving up income (a.k.a. gold spending). I can understand the logic of not wanting players to complete the weapons so they compete for new weapons, but this game is already designed to limit the time you can use any weapon you win or buy.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    The issue with a 2nd round of league play to complete weapons is that there are always better weapons to buy through the store. Glu has to provide better and better weapons because that's what drives more PVP play (a.k.a. the money maker). I think it's a mistake to not offer last months weapons parts in the store for gold; Glu is going to lose loyalty by shafting everyone who competed for parts, while giving up income (a.k.a. gold spending). I can understand the logic of not wanting players to complete the weapons so they compete for new weapons, but this game is already designed to limit the time you can use any weapon you win or buy.

You are exactly right. My view of the lifespan of today's "state of the art" weapon, is that it has a lifespan of about three weeks. If I get a chance to complete a weapon a couple of weeks down the road, it is not worth it, it is already obsolete.
  • SCARECROWSCARECROW Registered Users 44 Posts
    I have so many parts and no guns.Having 45 of 50 parts sucks.
    SCARECROW wrote: »
    I have so many parts and no guns.Having 45 of 50 parts sucks.

One can only wish that someone at GLU were listening. Sadly, not much chance of that.

My solution: Do not play the League tournaments. Do not give them a dime untll they fix this.