how to start over

PassieWatermPassieWaterm Registered Users 10 Posts
Hi all

I made some mistakes and want to start all over. I uninstalled the game but every time i start all settings are as they were. I cleared cache...deleted game data....nothing works.

Any ideas?

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Hi all

I made some mistakes and want to start all over. I uninstalled the game but every time i start all settings are as they were. I cleared cache...deleted game data....nothing works.

Any ideas?

Most people complain about losing their game data. This is the first I've heard about an issue of not being able to lose the game data.

However, if it's an issue for you, I can try to help. Where did you download the game from? Amazon? Gameplay? Facebook? Apple store?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • PassieWatermPassieWaterm Registered Users 10 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Most people complain about losing their game data. This is the first I've heard about an issue of not being able to lose the game data.

However, if it's an issue for you, I can try to help. Where did you download the game from? Amazon? Gameplay? Facebook? Apple store?

From Playstore.
    Thnx for trying to help.

Greetz

I use a Xperia Z2 tablet with lollipop 5.0.2
    From Playstore.
    Thnx for trying to help.

Greetz

I use a Xperia Z2 tablet with lollipop 5.0.2

Well I don't use Android, but from what I understand there are multiple places that game data can be stored and you might have to manually delete CKS game data from all of the places. Some of the files are not accessible without a program that gives you access to the root folders of the internal storage. So first, I would search everywhere you can for anything that says "data" and "Contract Killer". Maybe an experienced Android user can help you more.

Good luck, or wait until 5.0.3 comes out?
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Well I don't use Android, but from what I understand there are multiple places that game data can be stored and you might have to manually delete CKS game data from all of the places. Some of the files are not accessible without a program that gives you access to the root folders of the internal storage. So first, I would search everywhere you can for anything that says "data" and "Contract Killer". Maybe an experienced Android user can help you more.

Good luck, or wait until 5.0.3 comes out?

OK....so gamedata could be stored on multiple places. I only looked in Android-OBB and there was data for CK....didnt look in Android-DATA.
    Will try.
    thnx again mate
    OK....so gamedata could be stored on multiple places. I only looked in Android-OBB and there was data for CK....didnt look in Android-DATA.
    Will try.
    thnx again mate
    Also look in the SIM card(s) for contract killer game data, and be sure to not delete anything that doesn't have contract killer listed as a part of the name.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Also look in the SIM card(s) for contract killer game data, and be sure to not delete anything that doesn't have contract killer listed as a part of the name.

Are you sure you mean SIM card ...not SD card? And how could i do that if i want to check the SIM card.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    What I'll suggest will work. Delete the game (and data if you want to save some space). Then download the game from Amazon App store. The Amazon stores data in a different set of files than the Google version. The game is identical on both, except for some of the perks. You don't get the occasional pushed videos for free equipment - knife, rocket, med pack, or energy. I don't know if the Google Play has the watch video for free gold or not, Amazon app doesn't.

When 2.0 came out, the Amazon app store was a little slow to show the new version, so I got the Google Play version, and it has a different data save method than Amazon. I lost all my stats at the time and started the game over. The solution to recover my level and weapons was to simply delete the Google CKS app, and re-install the Amazon app. Voila, all my stats were restored.

I'm hoping the downside of the Amazon app will be fixed, I have a request filed, so we'll see. A bonus of being on Amazon, is the daily tournaments have smaller competing groups, and you have a better chance to get weapons than the other downloads!
  • saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    hi Passie
    there iz no easy way(or maybe no way) u can delete the game progress. i tried myself for some days.. am slightly an advanced user too, tried also with a different ROM, but the game comes back to its last seen state! better continue from where u left or else try installing a new custom ROM and give different google email id
    all d best.. tell me ur progress
  • michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    Don't.this game/ developer is very good about taking away accomplishments and not giving correct wins,diamonds,pvp points,etc. Find something better that deserves your valuable time. These people will just do whatever they want with game content whenever they want with no consideration of the player/customer. If you play,be warned to what you accomplish can be taken away at anytime.
    saturnring wrote: »
    hi Passie
    there iz no easy way(or maybe no way) u can delete the game progress. i tried myself for some days.. am slightly an advanced user too, tried also with a different ROM, but the game comes back to its last seen state! better continue from where u left or else try installing a new custom ROM and give different google email id
    all d best.. tell me ur progress

My tablet is not rooted so i cannot install different rom. I will try to go back to factory settings....maybe that helps.
    I set my tablet back to factory settings...set another gmail account with it...installed the game....but everything is still the same. It drives me crazy !!! Why cant i delete my account settings or start over ...aaaarrggghhh.
    Read my post! Delete the app, you can leave the data, it won't matter.
    Then, download the Amazon App, you can get instructions for any Android device here;
    Link to Install Amazon Appstore for Android
    Then you can search for Contract Sniper Killer and install it from Amazon. You may have to set up an account with credit card [?], but both are free apps, and Amazon is very well trusted for being a safe site.
    If you want, uninstall the App Store afterwards.

THIS WILL WORK! It saves your data separately from any Google Play Store location, so you will be starting a new game!

See you in the Amazon Leagues, and Tournaments, and good luck!
  • saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    hi passie.. told u na, its impossible to delete the progress! better install from amazon, thats the only way of getting a new game
    try_again wrote: »
    Read my post! Delete the app, you can leave the data, it won't matter.
    Then, download the Amazon App, you can get instructions for any Android device here;
    Link to Install Amazon Appstore for Android
    Then you can search for Contract Sniper Killer and install it from Amazon. You may have to set up an account with credit card [?], but both are free apps, and Amazon is very well trusted for being a safe site.
    If you want, uninstall the App Store afterwards.

THIS WILL WORK! It saves your data separately from any Google Play Store location, so you will be starting a new game!

See you in the Amazon Leagues, and Tournaments, and good luck!

Sorry i didnt reply. I am having trouble with amazon....it says the game is not digitally available yet and i have to download via my pc. But on my pc i cant get it either....the comes no download link...it only shows on wishlist thats it.

Any ideas or maibe you can put it on dropbox for me ?
    Not sure what you mean, the Amazon App, or the CKS app. For the Amazon app, did you follow the directions in the link - instruction number 2? You'd put that address in your devices browser.

If you're looking at this from your device, use this link;
    http://amazon.com/getandroidapp
    Not sure what you mean, the Amazon App, or the CKS app. For the Amazon app, did you follow the directions in the link - instruction number 2? You'd put that address in your devices browser.

If you're looking at this from your device, use this link;
    http://amazon.com/getandroidapp

I was mistaken. I downloaded the amazon app....not the amazon appstore app...lol.

Will report back if it worked
    I have no doubt it will, trust me. I've done it before.

Amazon App Store is not very good with searches, even exact spellings of what you're looking for can yield some poor matches. It does have a nice Free App of the day feature. Have saved some money using that.
    I have no doubt it will, trust me. I've done it before.

Amazon App Store is not very good with searches, even exact spellings of what you're looking for can yield some poor matches. It does have a nice Free App of the day feature. Have saved some money using that.

It worked!!!!!!! I am back to stock

THNX VERY VERY MUCH
    What a relieve