Update changed my weapons

Dboss1000Dboss1000 Registered Users 2 Posts
The latest content update changed my slingshot sniper rifle from six shots to three, and from 0.5 second reload time to 1 1/2 sec reload time. My granite went from 55 rounds to 45 rounds, and my reload time went from two seconds to 3 seconds. I am not sure about other parameters. Anyone else notice something similar? This happened about an hour ago. It cost diamonds to get the better functions.
Prev1

Comments

• darthfelixdarthfelix Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same here. Reload and shot capacity changed for sure on both primary weapons. Happened sometime earlier today. Not too pleased right now.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Not that you needed another confirmation, but yes, the weapons have been changed for iOS (Apple) users as well.

I wouldn't attach your expectations of these games to be consistent or fair. Play the game as is and know it can be changed at any time. Don't play because you have to, play because you want to...every time you play.

We can pretend to think we'll save up the right amount of cash for the next round of cash weapons, or collect 25/50 craft weapon parts (for an expected 'next time'), or buy that 10 star weapon because we think it will get us through another month of playing......And it can all be changed at any time, with or without notice. Glu could completely shut this game down without notice and realistically the only people they would have to refund would be the people who bought gold without playing the game.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • IcombaIcomba Registered Users 15 Posts
    Yo wat tha **** happen to my **** this is some bull ****!! R u kidden me right now? Now wat my dough is jus loss?
    Icomba wrote: »
    Yo wat tha **** happen to my **** this is some bull ****!! R u kidden me right now? Now wat my dough is jus loss?

I do not understand your question. What are you asking about? Have you read this game's "Terms of Use"?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • NWAP4CHENWAP4CHE Registered Users 3 Posts
    Totally disgusted with Glu for making me spend money buying gold to earn diamonds to upgrade my weapons and then they roll them back for no reason. Fix this or I stop playing.
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Registered Users 52 Posts
    NWAP4CHE wrote: »
    Totally disgusted with Glu for making me spend money buying gold to earn diamonds to upgrade my weapons and then they roll them back for no reason. Fix this or I stop playing.

It's a game dude the creators can do whatever they like as they are the makers of this game. You pay but you make the risks that they can upgrade and change anything I game at anytime since you don't own the game.

. If you created the game then you could have a major say since the profits go into your pockets.. If not sick it up buttercup it's a GAME

As for spending.. Nobody make you spend a penny... You choose to spend money on Game currency. Your choice to buy gold an diamonds. Your hands picked up a card an selected guy this ie that game currency. So you but your responsibility of you can't handle game changes quit.
  • periperi Registered Users 23 Posts
    I'm an Android user and my "Scalpel" rifle changed right now from 6 shots to 3......WHY???? What is the reason?
    Taker3681 wrote: »
    It's a game dude the creators can do whatever they like as they are the makers of this game. You pay but you make the risks that they can upgrade and change anything I game at anytime since you don't own the game.

. If you created the game then you could have a major say since the profits go into your pockets.. If not sick it up buttercup it's a GAME

As for spending.. Nobody make you spend a penny... You choose to spend money on Game currency. Your choice to buy gold an diamonds. Your hands picked up a card an selected guy this ie that game currency. So you but your responsibility of you can't handle game changes quit.

******3681 - I appreciate its a GAME (nice use of CAPITALS, had to turn my headphones down!) but anyone who changes the rules half way through a game is a cheat (remember the playground, of course you do you've only just left it). I would prefer not to "sick it up" or even suck it up but keep what I've earned and indeed paid for. Pee off back to your opinionated sad life and let myself and all the others on this and similar threads vent at Glu for using underhand tactics to keep them profitable and all us, including you, in the dark over what might have been a valid reason for change but more likely to be connected to their now woefully inadequate reward system of parts for guns that only a few will ever get.

******3681 - I appreciate its a GAME (nice use of CAPITALS, had to turn my headphones down!) but anyone who changes the rules half way through a game is a cheat (remember the playground, of course you do you've only just left it). I would prefer not to "sick it up" or even suck it up but keep what I've earned and indeed paid for. Pee off back to your opinionated sad life and let myself and all the others on this and similar threads vent at Glu for using underhand tactics to keep them profitable and all us, including you, in the dark over what might have been a valid reason for change but more likely to be connected to their now woefully inadequate reward system of parts for guns that only a few will ever get.

If you was majorly important then I'd use correct gramma on your lame cry baby complaining butt. But again it's a game ****nuts.. It can be adjusted at anytime by the creators without warning case close.
  • Rayvon71 aka RazorRayvon71 aka Razor Registered Users 5 Posts
    Happened to me too. What can we do?........I guess keep playing.
  • leewilli0270leewilli0270 Registered Users 3 Posts
    While thats understandable that you CAN do that, why would you? I mean, i put in COUNTLESS hrs upgrading those weapons cuz lord knows u cant even shut ur phone down for 10 mins w/o 8 hrs worth of work bein stolen from you! U no how many diamonds i had to EARN to get those upgrades, only for u to take em away?. I truly love playing this game, but it's almost like you have to have a device dedicated to it cuz if you shut it down everything you work for is taken from you. I refuse to spend money, i mean, i HAVE, but its amost pointless. I can never get inside the top 500 in the weekly tournament and the daily tournaments seem to be going in the same direction. I don't know just seems like it would be a little more user friendly. So I say if you're not going to put my weapons back where they belong that there should be some kind of compensation for that. but I know in the world of greed thats never going to happen
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Same here -- I was still playing when the league tournament changed to the weekly one, and that's exactly when it happened.

Historically, you can't buy a 6 shot/0.5 second reload speed sniper rifle (when fully upgraded) with in-game cash. Cash rifles are 3 shot/1.5 second reload speed, and the "Elite" version having 6 shots/0.5 second reload speed is sold for gold in the store. I mentioned that I didn't feel that the Trebuchet I won a while back was enough of an change over the SlingShot to justify upgrading it yesterday, and that GLU had probably setup the SlingShot that way by accident. I'm surprised and disappointed (even a bit angry) that they castrated my fully upgraded SlingShot.

Typically, if they make a mistake, like allowing a few people to buy a lot of energy for cash instead of gold, they haven't taken it all away, but that's exactly what they did in this case. I'm not ready to quit yet, but this'll certainly be another of many issues leading me to walk away, if and when I do.
    If you was majorly important then I'd use correct gramma on your lame cry baby complaining butt. But again it's a game ****nuts.. It can be adjusted at anytime by the creators without warning case close.

"If you was" should be "If you were" and "case close" should be "case closed" but it's not your grammar (with an "r" on the end) or your spelling that's your f***ing problem it's your whole attitude. This is a forum not your personal blog to spout *******s and wind people up. Now grow up and get a life. CASE CLOSED
  • michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    Yeah,same thing happened to me after update,tired of getting tucked over by this developer,time to find something else to spend my spare time and money on,shame though,it was fun awhile. Won't be glued next time after all the "new content available restart" issues I've had with them. Good luck to all you that stick around and or find something new. Enjoy your summer and I enjoyed playing against all you honest players,all the hacks,well ain't no happiness in your life if you have to cheat at games so try some truthful thoughts and wish you all well.
  • St0n3St0n3 Registered Users 96 Posts
    Assault Rifles should have a capacity of 30 and Sniper Rifles should have a capacity of 3. There were some weapons which had incorrect capacity numbers and we have corrected that in our latest update.

Similarly some other attributes on weapons were changed to better adjust for gameplay. Contract Killer Sniper is constantly evolving, which means that there are constant changes and adjustments being done to balance the game. We continue to monitor how the game is working for everyone, and we will strive to make these changes in the least disruptive fashion.
    St0n3 wrote: »
    Assault Rifles should have a capacity of 30 and Sniper Rifles should have a capacity of 3. There were some weapons which had incorrect capacity numbers and we have corrected that in our latest update.

Similarly some other attributes on weapons were changed to better adjust for gameplay. Contract Killer Sniper is constantly evolving, which means that there are constant changes and adjustments being done to balance the game. We continue to monitor how the game is working for everyone, and we will strive to make these changes in the least disruptive fashion.
    @StOn3 - Looking at the number of posts you have and what you posted, I am assuming you are fairly new, so here are a few things to know about Contract Killer: Sniper....

Major difference to remember: Weapons that can be gained with in-game CASH are always less powerful/effective than weapons that must be purchased with GOLD.

(For example: CASH Sniper rifles typically have a 'Clip Size' of 3 and GOLD Sniper rifles typically have a 'Clip Size' of 6.)

Currently there are Sniper rifles available with clip sizes of 3, 6, and 7. There are 'Assault Guns' available with clip sizes 40, 45, and 55. However, unlike Sniper Rifles, clip size is not an accurate indicator of whether it is a CASH Assault Gun or a GOLD Assault Gun.

As far as the "....were changed to better adjust for gameplay" pre-approved forum spiel. We know those aren't your words or thoughts and understand you have to post that type of pre-approved verbiage, but for many of us on the forum, it's really just a garbage statement that insults our intelligence and loyalty to know how this game is designed and functions. We understand the big cogs are GLUU and GLU.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • michigan_killermichigan_killer Registered Users 38 Posts
    "Evolve"my gold and money back to me.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Not that you needed another confirmation, but yes, the weapons have been changed for iOS (Apple) users as well.

I wouldn't attach your expectations of these games to be consistent or fair. Play the game as is and know it can be changed at any time. Don't play because you have to, play because you want to...every time you play.

We can pretend to think we'll save up the right amount of cash for the next round of cash weapons, or collect 25/50 craft weapon parts (for an expected 'next time'), or buy that 10 star weapon because we think it will get us through another month of playing......And it can all be changed at any time, with or without notice. Glu could completely shut this game down without notice and realistically the only people they would have to refund would be the people who bought gold without playing the game.

I appreciate this post and it has the right attitude for playing CKS: Glu's arbitrary and nonsensical actions are part of the game. If you play the game you accept that. It would be a better game if Glu were more attentive to the needs of its loyal gamers, but they are not, and that is unlikely to change. Enjoy the game and treat whatever Glu does next as part of the challenge of the game. (As they say in programming: It's not a bug, it's a feature.)

I appreciate your contributions to this forum, and hope you will keep posting. Off topic: Two questions you may have the answers to: What weapons disappear when you go to the next level? And, if you don't complete the previous level upgrade, can you still advance to the next level?

Thanks again for your contributions!

Brad
    bradr752 wrote: »
    What weapons disappear when you go to the next level?
    I haven't kept track because weapons 'disappear' all of the time, whether they are purchased with gold, won through a tournament, or gained through the V.I.P. 'spend gold extravaganza'. Cash weapons don't typically disappear, but I wouldn't know because I have all of them.

I'm still waiting for them to break out a version of the Telsa using the Dino Hunter forearm band; something like "The Running Man" stalker Dynamo.
    And, if you don't complete the previous level upgrade, can you still advance to the next level?
    I'm pretty sure you have to complete all of the base tier upgrades to be eligible to advance to the next base tier. As for the campaign sections, I noticed that I was able to complete all of the components to "neutralize" the campaign, without completing all of the campaign sections.
    Thanks again for your contributions!
    The forum is the missing social ingredient that always changes, even when the variety of the game stalls. So thank you for posting and reading. Cheers!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • PaxdogPaxdog Registered Users 6 Posts
    Interesting to me are the number of players with a "sure, they stole from the entire community, but that is just the game" attitude. I whole heartedly disagree.

If an automaker showed up in your driveway every 6 weeks or so to remove options you paid to have, you would scream about theft.

I refuse to take organized and planned theft lying down. We are not sheep.

Go to the app store. Go to the android play store. Post to the world about how GLU will just STEAL from players occasionally because getting back what you have already paid and played to have makes them more money.

Do not embellish. Just state facts. This is wrong and NOT how ethical companies do business.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    Paxdog wrote: »
    Interesting to me are the number of players with a "sure, they stole from the entire community, but that is just the game" attitude. I whole heartedly disagree.

If an automaker showed up in your driveway every 6 weeks or so to remove options you paid to have, you would scream about theft.

Go to the app store. Go to the android play store. Post to the world about how GLU will just STEAL from players occasionally because getting back what you have already paid and played to have makes them more money.

Do not embellish. Just state facts. This is wrong and NOT how ethical companies do business.

Well said!!

I am not a defender of Glu, as you can plainly see from my other posts, but to accuse Glu of criminal theft and unethical behavior is not warranted. Glu provides a service, not a product. You can't take your new Tesla home and put it in your gun safe. It is part of the game, nothing more. The correct analogy is to a service company like your cable company, not a goods producer like GM. If your cable company discontinues your favorite channel, you don't say that they are thieves, only that they have been unfair (and stupid) in modifying the terms of their service to your detriment. Glu can change the terms of that service as they see fit, and it is appropriate for us to complain, or even to refuse to give them more of our hard earned cash.

My point has been that Glu is not concerned with their consumers, the gaming community and I have been vocal about that. It is stupid and arrogent of them to delete features that gamers have earned, but this indiference to their consumers is not criminal or even unethical. Criticize Glu for its callous indifference to the gaming community, for the outrageous expense of playing the game, but don't accuse them of criminal activity, here or in other forums. That would be libel.
    Fine, we will play the semantics game and call GLU a service provider rather than a software developer.

Then I equate their actions to a phone company that let's you pay for 10 gigs a month in data - and insists you pay extra for it - and then really only gives you 5 and then drops Internet speed to 10%for the rest without telling you. Ask AT&T how expensive that was.

However you want to say it, this action and the company is, at best, unethical and, at worst, legally actionable from a civil standpoint. I will reread the EU LA again, but I am pretty sure I missed the part about how GLU can - without warning, compensation or explanation - take something I BOUGHT away from me. If it is in there, guess what I am adding to my review?

Folks, this will continue as long as we let it. I suggest a protest. Let's pick a day and no one sign on. This **** has to stop.

As for the thinly veiled libel threat, I feel comfortable that my attorney can beat their attorney. As far as libel itself, theft, by definition, is the taking of my property or possession without my permission. Are you saying this did not happen? Are you further saying that a class action suit including all the players that lost paid for functionality would lose? That a judge would find the actions ethical and proper? At this moment, I have no desire to start such a suit. Having said that, be careful when you throw words like libel around. It makes the rest of us wonder who you work for....
    Fine, we will play the semantics game and call GLU a service provider rather than a software developer.

Then I equate their actions to a phone company that let's you pay for 10 gigs a month in data - and insists you pay extra for it - and then really only gives you 5 and then drops Internet speed to 10%for the rest without telling you. Ask AT&T how expensive that was.

However you want to say it, this action and the company is, at best, unethical and, at worst, legally actionable from a civil standpoint. I will reread the EU LA again, but I am pretty sure I missed the part about how GLU can - without warning, compensation or explanation - take something I BOUGHT away from me. If it is in there, guess what I am adding to my review?

Folks, this will continue as long as we let it. I suggest a protest. Let's pick a day and no one sign on. This **** has to stop.

As for the thinly veiled libel threat, I feel comfortable that my attorney can beat their attorney. As far as libel itself, theft, by definition, is the taking of my property or possession without my permission. Are you saying this did not happen? Are you further saying that a class action suit including all the players that lost paid for functionality would lose? That a judge would find the actions ethical and proper? At this moment, I have no desire to start such a suit. Having said that, be careful when you throw words like libel around. It makes the rest of us wonder who you work for....

I support any action by gamers that would force Glu to be more responsive to us and I would love to participate in any protest that would accomplish that. And no, I don't work for anyone.
    I support any action by gamers that would force Glu to be more responsive to us and I would love to participate in any protest that would accomplish that. And no, I don't work for anyone.

Well, I am not an attorney, but buried in the EULA is the following:

. Using Virtual Currency. Subject to these Terms, you may redeem Virtual Currency for Virtual Items or select Applications. We do not guarantee that any particular Virtual Item will be available at all times or at any given time. We do not guarantee that we will continue to offer particular Virtual Items for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update the content contained in Applications without notice to you. If you have not used your Virtual Currency for twenty-four (24) months or more and your account has a Virtual Currency balance, your Virtual Currency shall expire, and your account may be cancelled for non-use. Once you have redeemed your Virtual Currency for Applications or Virtual Items, such Applications and Virtual Items are not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for Virtual Currency or for cash, or other goods or services.

Now, this doesn't mean that we have no leg to stand upon - after all, a contract is only good after a judge says it is - but the playing field is tilted in GLU favor.

However, I passionately dislike being taken advantage of. I propose a one weekend moratorium on play. Everyone won't join, but GLU should see an interesting drop in weekly profit.

What do you guys think?
    Well, I am not an attorney, but buried in the EULA is the following:

. Using Virtual Currency. Subject to these Terms, you may redeem Virtual Currency for Virtual Items or select Applications. We do not guarantee that any particular Virtual Item will be available at all times or at any given time. We do not guarantee that we will continue to offer particular Virtual Items for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update the content contained in Applications without notice to you. If you have not used your Virtual Currency for twenty-four (24) months or more and your account has a Virtual Currency balance, your Virtual Currency shall expire, and your account may be cancelled for non-use. Once you have redeemed your Virtual Currency for Applications or Virtual Items, such Applications and Virtual Items are not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for Virtual Currency or for cash, or other goods or services.

Now, this doesn't mean that we have no leg to stand upon - after all, a contract is only good after a judge says it is - but the playing field is tilted in GLU favor.

However, I passionately dislike being taken advantage of. I propose a one weekend moratorium on play. Everyone won't join, but GLU should see an interesting drop in weekly profit.

What do you guys think?

I like the idea, but as David T reported in a seperate thread this morning, there are at least 53897 players on IOS playing on this weekend's tournament. I don't know how many are actively involved in this forum, but I suspect that it is not more that a couple of hundred. I wish there were a way to get more players involved.

BTW, my own personal protest is that I have resolved never to download another GLU game. I continue to play CKS because I enjoy the game, but can't see myself committing to another GLU product unless they radically increase their commitment to the people who pay money to play their games. I hesitate to say something good about GLU in this context, but I have to recognize that whatever their other limitations, GLU has made this a much more robust, less buggy game than it was since I started playing. I love their software developers, but not their customer service.
    Maybe we play this weekend but instead of "thanks for the diamonds" we write, don't play on Saturdays to protest. Or something
    "If you was" should be "If you were" and "case close" should be "case closed" but it's not your grammar (with an "r" on the end) or your spelling that's your f***ing problem it's your whole attitude. This is a forum not your personal blog to spout *******s and wind people up. Now grow up and get a life. CASE CLOSED

Awwww... Every forum needs a windup merchant to boost the players blood pressure. And you'd never guess who's the guy for that job Twinkle Toes ;)
    Maybe we play this weekend but instead of "thanks for the diamonds" we write, don't play on Saturdays to protest. Or something

Do you REALLY think a few hundred or less not playing will really dent the stats overal? Well it might do a wee dent I guess...

BUT when you all don't log in an play/collect your diamonds. Your be giving ALL the ACTIVE players an improved chance at a better ranking. So sure hold a full year of refusing to sign in on each Saturday.

Then us ACTIVE players can enjoy more targets/diamonds to loot!
    Do you REALLY think a few hundred or less not playing will really dent the stats overal? Well it might do a wee dent I guess...

BUT when you all don't log in an play/collect your diamonds. Your be giving ALL the ACTIVE players an improved chance at a better ranking. So sure hold a full year of refusing to sign in on each Saturday.

Then us ACTIVE players can enjoy more targets/diamonds to loot!

We have to be together or fail. Don't worry, you will get access to my diamonds anyway when I quit the game.

You just keep enjoying getting downgraded....because you won't have the right to complain. Because rather than helping, you decided to take advantage like a ****.